Does Oasis Canteen actually exist?

Minnie Mum

Did it recently close? Because it's still marked on the map ( to the right of IJ as you face it's entrance). And several other sites still list it as open, with funnel cakes on the menu ( the latest update I saw was a month ago).

The_Jobu

Original Poster
Did it recently close? Because it's still marked on the map ( to the right of IJ as you face it's entrance). And several other sites still list it as open, with funnel cakes on the menu ( the latest update I saw was a month ago).

It's definitely listed as open, both on the printed maps and the online maps, but when I went last year it was closed up and the CM's said they haven't had funnel cakes in DHS for years.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
The good natured CM's lied and kept me from my funnel cake breakfast!

Or it's seasonal and the CM did not keep you from your favorite breakfast, These days it's a crapshoot as to what restaurants are open at any given time... ADR's notwithstanding. Disney expects us to plan 6 months in advance, Disney OTOH is allowed to change things with 6 hours notice.

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
Or it's seasonal and the CM did not keep you from your favorite breakfast, These days it's a crapshoot as to what restaurants are open at any given time... ADR's notwithstanding. Disney expects us to plan 6 months in advance, Disney OTOH is allowed to change things with 6 hours notice.

Notice, they don't even need to update it in the app anymore. Can't tell you how many times the app said something was open and posted hours for it to be closed by the time we got there. Menus out of date and inaccurate.

That bar is pretty low.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Notice, they don't even need to update it in the app anymore. Can't tell you how many times the app said something was open and posted hours for it to be closed by the time we got there. Menus out of date and inaccurate.

That bar is pretty low.

I'll bet if it closes before your scheduled ADR they still whack you with a no show fee, After all you did not show up and eat...

drwadadli

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
We were there in February 2017 and it was open and serving funnel cakes!

1iLVfMd.jpg

oLmKIkL.jpg

FP4sN9q.jpg

xGhmZJl.jpg

8H2MAyd.jpg

CaptainAmerica

OP, to answer your question in all seriousness, CMs have a little cheat sheet of information that tells them where certain things are located in the parks, since most CMs are only trained / experts in a certain area. Coffee, ice cream, Kosher, vegetarian, first aid, ATM, etc. are on the list. The list isn't comprehensive and I'm not sure if something like funnel cakes would make the cut. Sometimes, and ill-informed cast member will assume that something doesn't exist simply because it's not on their cheat sheet.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom