Does Disney World accept Apple Pay?

MrConbon

Original Poster
So I lost my debit card a few days back and have the card deactivated but I’m still able to use my Apple Pay. I’m going to Epcot tomorrow and wonder if all the booths and such accept Apple Pay.

Usually it would be nobig deal in the other parks since most places accept mobile order but the only place at Epcot which accepted it was Electric Umbrella which is now closed.

FettFan

Cash. Nobody can hack it.

donsullivan

Premium Member
So I lost my debit card a few days back and have the card deactivated but I’m still able to use my Apple Pay. I’m going to Epcot tomorrow and wonder if all the booths and such accept Apple Pay.

Usually it would be nobig deal in the other parks since most places accept mobile order but the only place at Epcot which accepted it was Electric Umbrella which is now closed.

Every Walt Disney World operated location accepts ApplePay without an issue- I've been use it for years. The only place you can't use it is at a table service restaurant and some of the non-Disney operated merchant locations. If you are sure the card got re-issued to ApplePay when you reported it lost you'll be totally fine nearly everywhere.

Jon81uk

If you cancel your debit card to stop anyone who finds it from being able to use it, then Apple Pay will likely stop working too.

donsullivan

Premium Member
If you cancel your debit card to stop anyone who finds it from being able to use it, then Apple Pay will likely stop working too.
I went through that recently with Bank of America with my Debit Card and it continued to work normally with ApplePay while I was awaiting the replacement card. Since ApplePay does not use your actual card number but a one time token for each transaction, they push an update to the phone/watch immediately that allows it to continue to be used normally. I didn’t have to do a thing.

StarWarsGirl

Yup. I've actually used the Android version of Apple Pay, Google Pay, and I've found it works better on Disney's readers than a credit card. Credit cards you often have to insert/swipe several times. Phone never failed. The only place I had an issue was the Japan pavilion which was on a separate system, but it turned out my credit card company didn't like me buying something from a Japanese company and I had to switch credit cards. 🙄

donsullivan

Premium Member
Yup. I've actually used the Android version of Apple Pay, Google Pay, and I've found it works better on Disney's readers than a credit card. Credit cards you often have to insert/swipe several times. Phone never failed. The only place I had an issue was the Japan pavilion which was on a separate system, but it turned out my credit card company didn't like me buying something from a Japanese company and I had to switch credit cards. 🙄
The issue in most of the countries in World Showcase is that the restaurants and retail shops are not operated by Disney. For non MagicBand transactions they have their own payment terminals, most of which do not accept ApplePay. I had to use my physical card on Saturday while snack shopping in Mitsukoshi.

markc

And how exactly do you expect for me to get cash out of an ATM?

You do know you can use apple pay at most major bank ATM's to take out cash? If you have Chase, Bank of America, or Well Fargo, simply go to one of their atm's, use their contact free reader on the ATM with apple pay (Select your ATM card within Apple Pay) and it will proceed to allow you to take out cash as you would. This is mainly limited to ATM's on-site at a branch location though; satellite locations (such as those Chase ATM's at the parks) may not have it yet.

markc

Quite the opposite. If you cancel any bank card due to loss/stolen/fraud, Apple Pay almost immediately updates with the new number the bank assigns to the new card it's sending you in the mail. It's why I HIGHLY encourage anybody who is travelling to have apple pay loaded on their phone. It's saved me several times while travelling when my card was compromised or lost. In fact, at times when I wanted to keep my same credit number but wanted to temporarily freeze my card for a few days, Apple Pay continued to work as the authentication process within the iphone is sufficient enough for banks to trust that it isn't fraud.

MrConbon

Original Poster
You do know you can use apple pay at most major bank ATM's to take out cash? If you have Chase, Bank of America, or Well Fargo, simply go to one of their atm's, use their contact free reader on the ATM with apple pay (Select your ATM card within Apple Pay) and it will proceed to allow you to take out cash as you would. This is mainly limited to ATM's on-site at a branch location though; satellite locations (such as those Chase ATM's at the parks) may not have it yet.

I have a Capital One MasterCard. I don’t know if there’s any actual physical banks around.

Jon81uk

I went through that recently with Bank of America with my Debit Card and it continued to work normally with ApplePay while I was awaiting the replacement card. Since ApplePay does not use your actual card number but a one time token for each transaction, they push an update to the phone/watch immediately that allows it to continue to be used normally. I didn’t have to do a thing.

Okay, maybe I was just unlucky (and it was 3+ years ago) as I had it stop working with one credit card I lost, I’m guessing it was something to do with that particular credit card company then. If it can auto-update the “real” card number when a replacement is issued that is a great feature.

I generally love Apple Pay though, I use it more than the actual bank cards nowadays.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom