Does Disney still own the land south of WWOS?

Grizzly Hall 71

Original Poster
On the map the area south of 192 it seems nothing is there, does Disney own that land? And are their plans to do anything with it?

fireworkz

With the exception of Celebration, Disney owns this land. If you look at a satellite shot, you will see noticeable man-made canal to the south and southeast of Celebration, that's the southern boundary of WDW. Take this for what's it's worth, but when I last toured some Celebration properties last year the agent for the developer said Celebration is now "done". (No I'm not buying I just did it out of curiosity) She told me there is no more room to expand as the land to the south, south east and west of Celebration Disney has put aside as a nature preserve. Several books I own sort of back this up as they say Disney was always committed to putting aside so much of the property as a nature preserve. The books don't say where these preserves are, and therefore doesn't completely confirm the Agent's story, but judging how this property is separated from the rest of WDW it seems to make the most sense.

Grizzly Hall 71

Original Poster
With the exception of Celebration, Disney owns this land. If you look at a satellite shot, you will see noticeable man-made canal to the south and southeast of Celebration, that's the southern boundary of WDW. Take this for what's it's worth, but when I last toured some Celebration properties last year the agent for the developer said Celebration is now "done". (No I'm not buying I just did it out of curiosity) She told me there is no more room to expand as the land to the south, south east and west of Celebration Disney has put aside as a nature preserve. Several books I own sort of back this up as they say Disney was always committed to putting aside so much of the property as a nature preserve. The books don't say where these preserves are, and therefore doesn't completely confirm the Agent's story, but judging how this property is separated from the rest of WDW it seems to make the most sense.

Thanks! So I guess the next area for a wow expansion will be north of Epcot or south of car care center.

That makes sense also because Disney would of developed that land before 192 became a tourist trap.

Once again thanks!

Rob562

I believe a good chunk of that land is wilderness preserve and will never be developed. It's part of the overall acreage of the property that Disney said would be set aside.

-Rob

CarlFredricksen

Does anyone have an satelite shot of the entire WDW property outlined? Everytime I'm on google earth, I never know just how far their proprty extends

mp2bill

Interesting.

Grizzly Hall 71

Original Poster
So I'm wondering. They said there's still about 6,000 acres that haven't been used all together that could be used for future development. They also said there's enough room for a new theme park entirely, but where? I can't find a location on the maps that is large enough. The land north of Epcot and west of World Drive are for conservation, so where do you guys think land is available?

LudwigVonDrake

So I'm wondering. They said there's still about 6,000 acres that haven't been used all together that could be used for future development. They also said there's enough room for a new theme park entirely, but where? I can't find a location on the maps that is large enough. The land north of Epcot and west of World Drive are for conservation, so where do you guys think land is available?

The person who would know exactly would be Martin :wave:

Bluewaves

RCID has been picking up chunks of land to the wet of the world as well so who only knows, I don't think we're going to see another park for a while with all the care that the ones we have now need.

Hoop Raeb

Formerly known as...
Check out page 39 for "suitability" areas. Just because some areas are marked for agriculture doesn't mean they can't be rezoned. Look at all the yellow areas. Those would be the 5th gate areas.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom