Does anyone take a night off from Parks and chill at resort

disneyfirstLJ

Not in the middle of our vacation but this year we are not going to the parks on arrival day. We are arriving early but have decided to just chill at the resort, go swimming, get settled in, go to Disney Springs to check it out and go to bed early. Last year we arrived, dumped our stuff in our room and went to Magic Kingdom until we dropped. It was too much for us. Taking it a bit slower this time.

pixiesteno

We used to go to the parks from open to close but then I took a trip with my DSIL and she is more of the laidback type of person. So we played it by the seat of our pants, hung out at the pool, resort hopped, and generally had a ball. Since that time we have built in plenty of down time; after all what good is a vacation when you need another vacation at the end to rest. Now that we take the RV and stay at FWC we find ourselves back at the resort and enjoying all there is to do there. We will go to parks in the morning, spend the afternoon at the resort, then, maybe, go back to a park. I have even read a book while on vacation at FWC (gasp!) The combination for us helps to recharge our systems, and isn't that what vacations are all about!

DisneyJunkie

I think the only time I'd take a night off and just hang around the resort is if a rain system has moved in and it's just too miserable to go out.

Misterdcp

Yes, usually we will take a night off in the middle of our stay (we stay at POR) and sometimes make an ADR for an early dinner in DTD and then take the boat back to the resort and enjoy the pool, relax, and even sometimes watch the outdoor movie ( when they have it)

nepalostparks

We do mostly day and weekend trips since we're in Tampa, but during the hotter summer months when we visit we often start early, head to a resort just after noon to have lunch and relax, and then head back to a park around 4 or so to enjoy the rest of the evening. Gets us out of the hottest (and usually most crowded) part of the day, and we enjoy relaxing and strolling around the different resorts for awhile.

Squigglove

Absolutely! And especially this time - this time will be our first trip with a toddler. So, I imagine we'll be taking even more down-time than usual. But we have always taken a full day off to stay at the resort, swim, lounge, nap, whatever.

ynahtebwdw

our home resort is AKL and it would be such a waste not to do this as there's so much to do there. We enjoy spending an evening getting dressed up nicely, having a meal at either Jiko or Sannaa and then spending time watching the animals before heading to the Victoria Falls lounge

DisneyDebNJ

Hi all,

I was wondering if in the middle of vacation anyone takes a night out from the parks to chill at the resort, maybe eat at the resort then go for a walk or relax in room? Some of the resorts look so amazing and wondered if anyone chooses to do this?
We do afternoons here and there poolside, do dinner later at night or do the parks during the day, then spend the evenings at the Poly on the beach, at Tambu Lounge or our balcony

SW_matt

I feel theres far too much to do to spend an entire day (s) at the resort. We normally get up at the crack of dawn for rope drop, stay for lunch, back to the resort for a shower and swim and then back out for evening meal and then stay out until EMH finishes. Saying that there are some evenings we have scheduled for our next trip to do Disney springs/ cirque du soleil and blue man group at universal which are very relaxing.

A good thing we do is to stagger sit down shows through out the day so we get plenty of mini breaks away from the sun.

Previously we have used our arrival day as rest day also but this time we are staying at the airport the night before the flight and plan to get out to epcot once we have checked in for dinner/test track and illuminations.

Go hard or go home ;)

Pluto15

Original Poster
I am mid trip just now for 15 nights and have been starting the day chilling at the pool or returning mid afternoon to enjoy the resort and pool which has been a great idea

Parker Clan

We usually don't, but only because we stay for 6 nights at Disney. If we stayed longer there we definitely would. We always do a combo Universal / Disney trip and last year we spent two days at Universal and went right to Disney and boy was that tiring! This year we are taking one day break to chill in between Universal and Disney, at the Hilton Orlando's lazy river :)

Kman

On our last trip in August 2014 with our 3 kids (21, 17, 15) we bought our standard 8 day non-park hopper pass and checked into our cabin at FW. Due to our kids ages and the fact we had so many days in the parks (we were actually on site for 13 days) we spent several days laying around or in the pool which was different from all of our other family trips to WDW over the years. I find FW so great that way- there are huge trees around the perimeter of the pool which is unique to most of the resorts so I could find some shade and read and fall asleep. We used up our days by going in the mornings and then the evenings most of the time but there were probably 3-4 days where we just hung out in FW. I actually sprung for a golf cart as well which we really enjoyed. We love that resort and tried to spend a bunch of time just relaxing and soaking it in. I would do that again.

In addition, a few years ago just my wife and I went. We stayed in BLT. It was fantastic. We were there for 3 days and did not visit any of the parks. We relaxed by the pool, visited the other resorts and then when on a full day tour which was amazing. Disney has so much to offer outside of the parks for sure!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom