Does anyone remember this program???

ppete1975

Ah the days when they wanted the guest to believe they were getting their moneys worth and something they could afford.
OR even better budget your money then afford to pay for your trip in advance and no surprise expenses later.

Then again with the crowds that are now in the parks.. this would prob be a nightmare

monorail81

We have taken advantage of that plan. I can't remember exactly what it was called, but, I recall the words "Grand Plan" & "Gold Key."

It included everything. We had all admission and activities and food included. We went water skiing, golfed, ate as much as we wanted. It wasn't just 3 meals, it was all you could eat anywhere. We would do table service breakfast and lunch, stop for appetizers somewhere, (The Outer Rim used to be a raw bar and that was a frequent pre dinner stop), then go to dinner. The waitpeople were always trying to up the bill by talking us into ordering more than one entree. If we had someone at dinner with us who was not on the plan, they would feed them anyway and put it on our plan. You would just put that little key card on the table when you sat down and then it was game on.
The Grand Plan was at the Grand Flo. We would normally go on the Gold Key. But when we stayed at the Flo, it was the Grand plan.

DisneyKaren

Back in the early 80s, we took a WDW vacation that was all inclusive and we received gold key cards to use. We stayed at the Contemporary, we ate at any of the restaurants, we were able to use any of the activities like the boats, water skiing, etc. It included admission to the parks, including River Country and dinner shows. It was about the best vacation we have ever had. I cannot remember how I found out about it, but it was exactly the plan we wanted.

TOETOE1

Our Family LOVED Walt Disneyworld's GOLD KEY Program. We used it twice, once in 1988, then again in 1990. It was all inclusive. We stayed at the Polynesian which was included as well as all Park admissions and 3 sit down dinners at all Walt Disneyworld Restaurants including the gratuity. The Gold Key Program was WONDERFUL!

Last edited:

monorail81

Our Family LOVED Walt Disneyworld's GOLD KEY Program. We used it twice, once in 1988, then again in 1990. It was all inclusive. We stayed at the Polynesian which was included as well as all Park admissions and 3 sit down dinners at all Walt Disneyworld Restaurants including the gratuity. The Gold Key Program was WONDERFUL!
The Gold Key is why I find zero value in the current Dining Plan.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom