• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

Does anyone remember this program???

wjaye918

New Member
Original Poster
In the summer of 1986, I went to WDW with my whole family. (12 of us) We stayed at Polynesian. We had some sort of plan where we each had a royal blue plastic ticket/card. We got to use a special entrance to enter the park. (no line) That card was used for EVERYTHING. We ate wherever we wanted, rode the boats behind the Polynesian, the adults played golf, etc.. There was a flat fee that was paid for each person for the card but we did not pay another cent after that. We did more things on that trip than I have ever done. I know for a fact that we got way more than we paid. My mom kept track of what it would cost to pay for each thing we did and we did WAY more than we paid for. It was awesome!! Does anyone remember this program? I am sure it had a name, but I do not remember it. I am not surprised that they no longer have it. I think my uncle tried to get it again the following summer and it was no longer offered.
 

brich

New Member
The card I use is GOLD and shortly after I get back, I get a nice itemized list of all I did. Only I have to pay the amount at the bottom before the end of the month... :eek:

Sounds like a cool program but I have never heard about it. :)
 

nyfrenchy

Active Member
brich said:
The card I use is GOLD and shortly after I get back, I get a nice itemized list of all I did. Only I have to pay the amount at the bottom before the end of the month...

Just like my Disney Visa credit card statement....
 

Hakunamatata

Wake me up when its over
Premium Member
wjaye918 said:
In the summer of 1986, I went to WDW with my whole family. (12 of us) We stayed at Polynesian. We had some sort of plan where we each had a royal blue plastic ticket/card. We got to use a special entrance to enter the park. (no line) That card was used for EVERYTHING. We ate wherever we wanted, rode the boats behind the Polynesian, the adults played golf, etc.. There was a flat fee that was paid for each person for the card but we did not pay another cent after that. We did more things on that trip than I have ever done. I know for a fact that we got way more than we paid. My mom kept track of what it would cost to pay for each thing we did and we did WAY more than we paid for. It was awesome!! Does anyone remember this program? I am sure it had a name, but I do not remember it. I am not surprised that they no longer have it. I think my uncle tried to get it again the following summer and it was no longer offered.
Sounds to me like some VIP thing. Was your dad or mom a VIP?
 

Robfasto

New Member
Disney used to have the 'World Vacation' & 'Gold Key Vacations' which included everything...

World Vacation from the Fall 1982 Disney News Magazine:
  • Five Nights in the Contemporary Resort Tower or a two-bedroom vacation villa, Treehouse Villa or Fairway Villa
  • Six days' use of the transportation system
  • Six days' admission and unlimited use of all attractions in the Magic Kingdom, and all Walt Disney World recreational activities and facitlites
  • Breakfast, lunch and dinner at any Walt Disney World restaurant or dinner show for six days (excludes fast-food locations and room service)
  • Prices starting at $568 each Adult, double occupancy.
 

crazydaveh

Active Member
If they still offered packages like that, they wouldn't make money! That's a really good deal!

Of course now, there are three more parks and a lot more to do!

Glad you had fun!
 

stacy1229

New Member
This sounds alot like the Grand Plan. I had the Grand Plan for my Honeymoon in 1997. Everything was included food, tickets, recreation and tipping.
 

JPVonDrake

Well-Known Member
You may wish to consider the 2006 Disney's Magic Your Way Platinum Package. Availiable for stays between 3 - 14 nights.

It includes:

Accommodations at a Disney Deluxe Resort or DVC Resort
Magic Your Way Premium Ticket = Number of resort stay nights plus 1
Official Walt Disney Travel Company luggage Tag
Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner per Guest (age 3+) per night
Unlimited use of select recreation including Disney's five 18-hole championship golf courses (clubs, cart, balls and shoes included), miniature golf, water sports, guided fishing excursions, parasailing, horseback riding, watercraft rentals, bike rentals and more!
Unlimited use of Disney Children's Activities Centers (ages 4-12)
Unlimited In-room child care (ages 6 months - 12 years)
Unlimited Admission to Select Park Tours
Unlimited Admission to all Grand Gathering Experiences (if on a Grand Gathering)
One Admission to Cirque du Soleil - La Nouba
One Private Golf Lesson
One Reserved Seating at Fantasmic!
One Select Spa Treatment (age 14+)
Nightly Turn-down Service
Itinerary Planning
Platinum Plan Keepsake (1 per room)


The cost is:
$ 198 / adult (18+) $ 198 / junior (10-17) $ 118 / child (3-9) PER NIGHT + Cost of Room & Magic Your Way Premium Ticket

Enjoy your Disney Vacation! :sohappy:
 

imagineersrock

New Member
JPVonDrake--- Expensive as that would be... I must admit that sounds like one HECK of a ticket, and would surely make for one heck of a vacation, and if you actually did take advantage of all those included benefits, I believe you would get more than your money's worth out of it.
 

thegoof

New Member
I don't remember the exact name of that plan, but I do remember it. A few years after that ended, they came out with the "Food -n- Fun" plan. It was 3 meals a day and a lot of the recreational stuff....but with limits. I used most of mine for the sprite boats on the 7 seas lagoon!!! :D
 

wjaye918

New Member
Original Poster
Robfasto said:
Disney used to have the 'World Vacation' & 'Gold Key Vacations' which included everything...

World Vacation from the Fall 1982 Disney News Magazine:
  • Five Nights in the Contemporary Resort Tower or a two-bedroom vacation villa, Treehouse Villa or Fairway Villa
  • Six days' use of the transportation system
  • Six days' admission and unlimited use of all attractions in the Magic Kingdom, and all Walt Disney World recreational activities and facitlites
  • Breakfast, lunch and dinner at any Walt Disney World restaurant or dinner show for six days (excludes fast-food locations and room service)
  • Prices starting at $568 each Adult, double occupancy.


Thank you! I think you got it. "Gold Key" brought back another memory. The card/ticket was blue with a gold fancy looking key on it. Another thing you reminded me is that fast-food locations were excluded. We ate EVERY meal at a sit down restaurant. As a 10 year old child, I got tired of that, especially some of the locations at Epcot. (I wanted burgers and fries for every meal. )
We did the Hoop Dee Do Revue too.

Thanks for jogging my memory. That was a fantastic trip!! I totally understand why it is no longer offered, it was one heck of a deal!
 

disneyflush

Well-Known Member
The Gold Key program was a part of the Magic Kingdom Club but ended in around 1993 I believe. It allowed 3 meals at any onsite restaurant, unlimited tours, recreation (golf, boats, fishing guides, everything) and had a special entrance into the MK. I believe anyone could buy it but it wasn't as widely known about pre-Internet.
 

geo369

New Member
we did the gold key passport as a 25th anniversary gift to ourselves in 1996. was pricey but everything on the property was unlimited, even when we invited friends to dinner from kissimmee. just wave your card and i took them for a pontoon boat ride. dinner at narcoosee's, although the plan was expensive, i would buy it again today if it was available. we never rested, going day and night for 5 days!! wonderful program.
 

Beacon Joe

Well-Known Member
We had something very similar in the late 80s, maybe spring of 1989 and it was awesome. It was either something my parents got through being members of the Magic Kingdom Club, or it was an really awesome MWR package deal. All I know is that I got to check out the little speed boats as much as I wanted from the Contemporary, and we ate at the original Top of the World few times for lunch and once for dinner.
 

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Top Bottom