Does anyone remember the 80's tv show Totally Minnie???

figmentbaby

Original Poster
Ok, question guys...does anyone remember that show called Totally Minnie?? I must've been about 2 or 3 years old when it debuted (if that's how you spell it). I used to have it on tape but my parents decided that the MACY's thanksgiving day parade was more important:hammer: Well, anyways...I know I have seen the tape of the show on e-bay, but I have been looking for it for about 10 years. Can anyone help me??? Thank you!!! Have a disney day!

DisneyPan

I don't remember the tv show, but I do remember the "Totally Minnie" show at Magic Kingdom during the 80's. It was at Fantasy Faire (where Ariel's Grotto is right now) and the stage would rise. In the late 80's early 90's they moved it to Galaxy Palace in Tomorrowland.

That was my favorite show. It was so much fun and it had a wide variety of characters. I have that on tape, but not the tv show.

Lhriangel

Okay I think I remember it! I mean I remember parts of it.. cause I was totally minnie for Christmas one year. I know minnie and mickey were dress in 80's clothes and Minnie had LOTS of jewelry.. I wonder if I might have anything on tape.. I'll look next time I'm home (over thanksgiving lol)

figmentbaby

Original Poster
All I remember was that the show had Elton John and he was doing a duet with Minnie "Don't Go Breakin' My heart." Oh wait, and there were a lot of televison screens in the background with a nerd kid sitting on a chair in front of the connected tv's. Minnie was trying to teach him how to dance 80's and she was wearing tons and tons of jewelery!!! (especially different colored necklaces). That's about alllll I remember, but if anyone comes up with anything else pleeeeeassseeee let me know asap!!! thanks!

Debbie

I remember Totally Minnie, but you have to remember that in the 80's, the Disney Channel was still premium channel in alot of areas.

figmentbaby

Original Poster
That was Susanne Summers??????? Do you have the tape???? Wow I realllly didn't know that! Thanks for the info!

Sherm00

Originally posted by figmentbaby
That was Susanne Summers??????? Do you have the tape???? Wow I realllly didn't know that! Thanks for the info!

wow that sounded cool. hey if anyone has a tape, why don't you host a copy on kazaa so we can download it. if ya need help give me a buzz.

MicBat

I've got it on tape! :) Robert Carradine (the dad on Lizzie McGuire) the main character (besides Minnie of course) and he's trying to get "hip" because he's "so totally unhip." It's really funny now that I watch it now.

figmentbaby

Original Poster
OMG??? You have it?? That's awesome!! Is there a way to post in online like sherm00 said?? That would be amazing! Thanks guys!

MicBat

Originally posted by figmentbaby
OMG??? You have it?? That's awesome!! Is there a way to post in online like sherm00 said?? That would be amazing! Thanks guys!

Actually... I'm kind of technologically retarded so I have no clue how I could do that :brick: ... Sorry :(

I don't know if anybody is still interested but I have a VHS tape of this from the original airing on NBC complete with the 1988 commercials. There are only a couple spots that are messed up (Little kid playing with the remote, accidently hits record. We all did it sometime :animwink: ) I watched this show over and over when I was 6 years old and had the whole thing memorized.

The other day I was listening to the 80's station on my XM and the Pointer Sister's "Neutron Dance" came on and a flood of memories filled my head. I went home and started digging through my massive, dusty, collection of VHS tapes and I found it. Such a great Disney Special. Its a shame they don't make specials like this anymore.

I'm working on capturing it to my computer so that I can archive it on DVD. The effects of age are really starting to show on that tape so I want something a little more permanent.

If anybody would be willing to host it, i'd be happy to make it available once I capture it.

-DGJ

aimster

I remember this! Minnie was teaching this nerd how to be "cool" Minnie looked like a Madonna/Cyndi Lauper wannabe with the clothes & jewelry. LOL! I used to have it on tape but I might've taped over it. Someday I'll have to go through my unmarked video tapes and see what's on them. I'm sure I got some old Disney specials (Disney Channel and regular network) on there some of them... including the WDW 15th birthday special hosted by Bea Arthur & Betty White.

One of the specials i would really like to see again is the MGM Grand Opening. There were so many cool segments. If anybody has that on tape, I would gladly pay for a copy of it.

DGJ

waltdisny

DisneyGuyJake said:
One of the specials i would really like to see again is the MGM Grand Opening. There were so many cool segments. If anybody has that on tape, I would gladly pay for a copy of it.

DGJ

Which special? The one with Fred from the New Mickey Mouse Club (the one with Brittany, not the good one from the 70's:p ) doing the film-noir shtick? I have that. I also have Ernest goes to Splash Mountain. :drevil:

And a really cool one with Harry from Night Court riding in the DLRR Parlor Car looking back at the history of DL.

As I recall the Totally Minnie thing was also a major marketing tie-in with a clothing line and the whole bit.

waltdisny said:
Which special? The one with Fred from the New Mickey Mouse Club (the one with Brittany, not the good one from the 70's:p ) doing the film-noir shtick? I have that. I also have Ernest goes to Splash Mountain. :drevil:

And a really cool one with Harry from Night Court riding in the DLRR Parlor Car looking back at the history of DL.

As I recall the Totally Minnie thing was also a major marketing tie-in with a clothing line and the whole bit.

It was the one with Harry and George Burns and I think John Ritter was in it too. Actually I know John Ritter was in it now that I think about it. He was wearing a Yellow Sailors Rainjacket doing a segment on the Water Effects Set. One of the cast members tricked him into getting into the ship and they triggered the Wave Machine completely soaking him.

Also Smokey Robinson sang a song and there was a choreographed "Hooray for Hollywood" dance number that I believe won an Emmy.

This was all back when Eisner was doing good things for Disney ;)

DGJ

polynesiangirl

I absolutely remember that show! I was also about 2 or 3 at the time (maybe 4?) and I LOVED it. I know my folks have the tape *somewhere* but it would involve a lot of looking to find it - I'd like to see it again myself!

tigger248

I remember Totally Minnie. Back then, Minnie was my favorite character, totally Minnie especially. I loved that show! I had the doll, the colorform set (does anyone else remember those? I think we also had the sesame street one and a magic kingdom one), some clothes, and some jewelry. I think I also may have had a totally minnie birthday party, but that I don't remember. I remember getting the doll for my 5th birthday. It's the first thing that I actually really remember wanting. I was so excited when I got her for my birthday. When we went to WDW for my first time in 1988, we didn't get to see the whole show (I don't know if it was an accident, or if my parents just didn't want to go). My mom said that when they walked up and it was already started that they didn't know whether to tell me about it or not. My dad put me on his shoulders, since we were clear in the back and my mom stuck her camera in the air, snapped the pictures, and they surprisingly came out. Kinda far back, but great considering that she really didn't know what the lens was aiming at.

If anyone has either the park show or the tv show and can post them online, that'd be great. It would be a nice trip down memory lane to see these again.

waltdisny said:

I remember Ernest goest to Splash Mountain. We thought it was so funny, especially when he was going up hill and was all bored. It was our family's joke the first few times we rode splash to say "wish I'd brought a book" on the way up.

Ahhh memories.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom