Does Anyone Remember Disneyland Explorer?

MagicKingdom4Ever

Original Poster
In the early 2010s, there was an app on iPads and iPhones that was called Disneyland Explorer. It was a side-scrolling app where guests could discover places in Disneyland, Disney's California Adventure, the hotels, and Downtown Disney. It involved several photos, videos, and games that you could play, and it had music for each land. (Some games included sinking pirate ships, finding the Yeti, watching Mickey Mouse cartoons, and the like.) I don't think it was that popular of a game, but I enjoyed it and the app helped nurture my love of the parks.

Does anyone else remember a game like this? It was removed from the app store a long time ago, so you can't download it now. Even if you could, it would be outdated since a lot has changed at the resort (especially at DCA) over the last seven years.

MagicKingdom4Ever

Original Poster
In the early 2010s, there was an app on iPads and iPhones that was called Disneyland Explorer. It was a side-scrolling app where guests could discover places in Disneyland, Disney's California Adventure, the hotels, and Downtown Disney. It involved several photos, videos, and games that you could play, and it had music for each land. (Some games included sinking pirate ships, finding the Yeti, watching Mickey Mouse cartoons, and the like.) I don't think it was that popular of a game, but I enjoyed it and the app helped nurture my love of the parks.

Does anyone else remember a game like this? It was removed from the app store a long time ago, so you can't download it now. Even if you could, it would be outdated since a lot has changed at the resort (especially at DCA) over the last seven years.
You know, I was hoping that this app could've been the first in a series. There could've been Walt Disney World Explorer, which would have more things since it is a way bigger place. If it were me, I'd have it go Magic Kingdom-Hotels-Epcot-Blizzard Beach-Disney's Hollywood Studios-Typhoon Lagoon-Disney's Animal Kingdom-Disney Springs-Repeat.

MagicKingdom4Ever

Original Poster
One interesting memory I had of the app was that of DCA's main street, Buena Vista Street. It played this jazz music that was all silly and out of tune, and usually I'd hear that kind of music in movies or TV when someone or something was stinky. Because of that, I would say "Buena Vista Street is stinky!" I was only nine or ten at the time, so yep.

For those wanting to hear the music for themselves, go to the Walt Disney World app, look at the "Disney Parks Stories" section that contains videos, articles, and more, go to the Designing Disney Parks Section, and watch the Halloween video. It plays when they start talking about how Halloween at the parks has changed over time.

Lizzy May Bee

Yo someone else who played this, I was quite the fan myself, I think I still have the device I used to play this on but it’s broken :/

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom