does anyone like pepper market at Coronado springs?

jeffs10

Original Poster
I love pepper market and always I make sure I stop there every year I visit. It just never seems to be busy when I go But Maybe its because I always visit in the off season Sept. But I Love the variety they serve there.

Pluse its nice to visit coronado springs and sit by the pool bar and relax and watch football opening weekend game (thats the weekend i go every year).

would love to hear everyones thoughts

Jeff

mills

We love the Peppermarket when we stayed at CSR. We left the parks to eat dinner there twice. I think people avoid it because of the automatic gratuity and the reviews it gets. The only problems I had was the service wasn't Disney like and not very attentive. But it is our favorite food court of the moderates.

KentB3

mills said:
We love the Peppermarket when we stayed at CSR. We left the parks to eat dinner there twice. I think people avoid it because of the automatic gratuity and the reviews it gets. The only problems I had was the service wasn't Disney like and not very attentive. But it is our favorite food court of the moderates.

I had breakfast there one morning and dinner on my last night at WDW last November. The Peppermarket is more like several big buffets clustered together instead of a true food court. The food was good, and a wide variety of it was offered on their various buffet bars. The only downside we had was a rude server at the pasta bar. My Mother asked if this was parmesian cheese (pointing to it), and he said, VERY rudely, "I don't know what you're talking about!!!!!" :fork:

jeffs10

Original Poster
I have always had a good meal there Does pepper market ever get crowded in the middle of summer like i said only been there in september and during the day in september there is hardly anyone there.

Nicole

I was there last August, and it wasn't particularly crowded. Probably about 3/4 full but still easy to find a table. We enjoyed it. Especially the smoothies!

DigitalDisney

I love the selection and the freshly (for the most part) prepared food. The prices seem little higher than other resorts, and the automatic gratuity blows.

Because of the automatic gratuity, I am hesitant to ever go there. Since the service is horrible, your food basically costs 10% more than it should.

[threadjack]
They should instead let the people provide whatever tip they feel was appropriate based on the service they received. In all of my visits there, I've never, ever been visited by a person after I placed my drink order. However, I have always seen them stand around and talk with each other, instead of visiting other people.
[/threadjack]

Bottom line, I'll won't go that often, and I certainly wouldn't go if it wasn't at a resort as beautiful as Coronado Springs. I always make a point to walk around the entire perimeter on every visit there.

zjer

The pepper market is my favorite counter service of the moderates. I think it has the best food and the price really isn't that bad. If you have a six dollar breakfast, you are forced to put a .60 cent tip. Not exactly robbery. Keep in mind you are tipping more than one server, it's also the drink lady who usually cleans the tables as well. In the evenings, I really enjoy the lounge accross from the pepper market....good beer on tap! XX

DigitalDisney

zjer said:
If you have a six dollar breakfast, you are forced to put a .60 cent tip. Not exactly robbery. Keep in mind you are tipping more than one server, it's also the drink lady who usually cleans the tables as well.
I don't want to go on a major rant here, but A) 10% is still a sizable increase in price, especially when you add the Florida sales tax too. If you take a family there and start with a $50 tab, you'll pay $5 more for the ridiculous gratuity! B) Do you leave 10% extra when you go to any of the other fast food restaurants on property? What makes Pepper Market special? Somehow the other restaurants manage to stay clean and continue to operate w/o the forced tip.

[/rant]

In the evenings, I really enjoy the lounge accross from the pepper market....good beer on tap! XX
I did notice a surprisingly good beer selection there. I also saw Sam Adams on the import list. Whoops!

jeffs10

Original Poster
Pepper Market is where I had my first margertia ever when i was 21. Also the beer is very good there also. :slurp:

Coronado springs is my favorite moderate resort by my girlfriend dont like it because of the convention center she doesnt like to see people in business suits on her vaction. It doesnt bug me at all.

ToTBellHop

I love the food there, I just think (like everyone else) the 10% gratuity is absurd. It negates the purpose in having a food court and since the service is similar to what I would expect at a (trashy) Denny's, it's not somewhere I go often. I don't know why they chose this system--I know they get complaints about it and it costs Disney extra money to have the extra staff. Why not just go with the cheaper system used at all the other food courts on property that make guests much happier? I don't need real plates for an extra 10%...I actually prefer the paper plates with the logos on them!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom