Does anyone know...

Susan Savia

Does anyone know how much it costs in the Mitsukoshi Department store (in the Japan pavillion) to select and buy an oyster??

You pick one out, the lady opens it for you, shows everyone standing around and you purchase it. I have stood and watched countless others choose and get these over the years and I thought I might get myself one. Thanks!! :D

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
I think the pearl itself is a great keepsake. I've gotten a few of them throughout the years in Japan. They're almost like pin collecting for me! Maybe someday (after enough trips) I'll be able to make a bracelet or necklace. :D

Upvote 0

Mystic

Picking the pearl itself is only about $13 per oyster, it's the setting that costs money. I got a pearl a few years ago and after the setting and the necklace which I bought in Mexico it was about $75 total. On my last trip I got another pearl and had it put on a white gold ring, all totalled it cost me about $125 for this setting and pearl.

Upvote 0

raven

Do what we did a few weeks ago. Get the pearl then take it to a regular Jewlery store to get the mounting. You will have a lot more mounting choices and price ranges, many of which are cheaper.

Upvote 0

Craig & Lisa

The idea is letting you know that getting the pearl is cheap, having it put in a setting is what kills the wallet! But that's what's done all over, in whatever part of the country your in. You see these are cultured pearls, if they were natural one's the price would be horribly greater than what you pay for the whole setup.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom