Does anyone here have the TRAVEL CHANNEL DISNEY SHOWS?

Atticus

Original Poster
Hey,

My cable provider does not carry this channel so I miss out on all the great Disney shows!

I was wondering if any of you have all of them or most of them that were recently shown?

If you do, could I send you a few tapes and you record them for me? I would greatly appreciate it!

We only get the Discovery and Learning Channels!

Let me know if anyone can help!

Mike
Pkdcoastrs@aol.com

Timekeeper

Got Shows?

Hey there,

I've got a few of those TLC Disney shows. One is on Animal Kingdom, one is on DisneySea Tokyo, and other episodes feature California Adventure and Disneyland Paris. I don't recall exactly how many episodes I have, but they each run 1 hour (including commercials.)

I always record those "important" shows from the satellite reciever straight to DV Tape and then transfer them to DVD when time allows. Thus, there is no reduction in quality due to multiple generation transfering.

Creating the actual DVD (project file) is what is time consuming and I have not yet done that for all of the TLC episodes. Maybe some people could create one quickly, but I like mine to look "nice," which takes a little bit of time. On the upside, once the project file is completed, making multiple copies of that project is as easy as clicking a mouse. Also, standard DVD-R's (blank discs on which video/data are burned onto) average at about $5 - $7 each right now, depending on the manufacturer and any sale promotions currently being held at your local multimedia store.

Regardless of what you may have heard elsewhere, DVD-R's play on "most" DVD players released withint the last 2 years. Compatibility with DVD players older than that or even some "cheaper" current models is anyone's guess. Your best bet is to bring one (home-made DVD) to your electronics store, pop it in to the model you may wish to purchase, and try it out.

With that said, I'll start working on one of the Disney TLC program DVD projects in the near future. I'll probably do the DisneySea episode first, as I found that to be the most interesting. If anyone is seriously interested in obtaining a copy, just PM (private message) me about it. Although I don't have the time or funds to burn a large number copies, I would like to get a couple copies out there for some feedback. This, of course, would adhere to the understanding that the project would in no way be "for profit" but simply some custom work done from one fan to another. :sohappy:

Note: There may sometimes be problems with sending VHS tapes through the mail. With heightened security measures, some scanning devices could damange / erase video footage on VHS tapes. Although such damage is rare, it is "possible," and typically involves shipping tapes outside of the U.S.

Tk

pisco

I have the following Disney Special from the Travel Channel that I could throw on a VHS tape (or 3) for you:

Secrets of Disney Imagineers (1 hr.)
Secrets of Tokyo Disneyland (1 hr.)
Secrets of Disney's Animal Kingdom (1 hr.)
Secrets of Disneyland Paris (1 hr.)
Great Hotels Animal Kingdom Lodge (30 min.)
Great Hotels Grand Floridian (30 min.)
Great Hotels Yacht & Beach Club (30 min.)

If you wouldn't mind sending me some blanks tapes and a return package (with postage) I'd be happy to copy any or all of these shows for you.

I have transferred all these to my PC and edited out the commercials so the 1 hr. shows clock in at about 43 mins. and the 30 min. shows at 23 mins. This should help estimating the number of tapes needed.

PM me for the address to send the tapes to.

Timekeeper

Shows

Yup, I've got those first 4 shows. The hotels didn't greatly interest me, so I never recorded them. Did I refer to The Learning Channel? Oops! I meant Travel Channel. Time to cut back on the coffee.:p

Tk

disneytati

Originally posted by Catch 22
I don't believe these ever make it to the UK. :(

Yeah, I have this same problem. Whenever I see something like that in this site, I just think: "This will never make it to Brazil..."

Hey, guys! There is a thread in the Digital Media section in which they have parts of the Behind the Scenes travel channel program to download. I guess they will put the rest very soon. The thread is a LITTLE BIG, like 80 pages, but if you are patient, you will find this and other interesting things to download there. On page 17 there is a huge list.:D

wishiwere@wdw

I've uploaded them to popkids server but I think he has been too busy to post them. Usually he compresses them first into smaller files which I know takes some time. I look into setting up FTP through my ISP this weekend and I'll gladly share them out. I have about every TC special that has been aired this year on my computer :). No promises though because I'm sure Popkids server and ISP are much more robust to handle such tasks.

isnet396

Dudes, I run windows with a built in streaming media server. If you talk to me on AIM...my sn is q488824248884q....I can host them for you all...

Ian

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom