Does anyone else wish?

betteratmk

Original Poster
Disney has always been our favorite vacation spot,but I have to admit I wish they had a junior dining plan geared toward the 9-13 age group. We will be there in early December and we now have to purchase an adult meal plan for a child who will not eat hardly any of the options. Since we are going with family and eveyone else will be on the meal plan not getting it is not an option. I just wish they had a in-between menue for in-between kids:veryconfu At 11 I don't consider him an adult.

Chance

In my experience they have been pretty accomodating --- often if we ask they can still order from the kids menu or they will tailor it a bit. IE: not put a sauce on the steak or chicken.......

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I just wish for the Dining Plan to be removed completely. Let's just go back to the simple times when you pay for what you have. :) Hopefully that way, quality and availability can return.

The Oggmonster

I just wish for the Dining Plan to be removed completely. Let's just go back to the simple times when you pay for what you have. :) Hopefully that way, quality and availability can return.

I really have no problem with the Dining plan at all.

Also I did here they were going to have new options in the near future.

wdwmomof3

I wish that there was a meal plan for that age. My 10 year old will not eat anymore than my 7 year old so to pay that much of a difference, well it makes me mad. I can see this when they get 13 or older but not until then. IMO.:lookaroun

Rob562

I wish that there was a meal plan for that age. My 10 year old will not eat anymore than my 7 year old so to pay that much of a difference, well it makes me mad. I can see this when they get 13 or older but not until then. IMO.:lookaroun

Question: does your 10 year old order from the kid's menus (at non-buffet places)? Because if they're ordering from the adult menu, then they're getting the same food that an adult ordering the meal would get. Even if they don't eat it all, it should still be "paid" for as if they were an adult.

As for different menus, I have never heard of a restaurant (Disney or in the rest of the country) that has a "tween" menu. It's kid's menu or adult menu.

-Rob

betteratmk

Original Poster
Having a "tween" menu really isn"t all that uncommon. Even chains like Friendlys offer a slightly broader menu for the older child. I agree some children can eat almost as much as adults,but the vast majority would benefit with a toned down version. I hate to throw food away,it isn"t a question of trying to get out of paying.:shrug:

minnie2000

We could really use a tween menu. My 11 year old is really fussy and eats very little. My 7 year has a great appetite and loves to try new foods. In fact, my 7 year old eats far more than her big sister.

Last year we had the DP and would order an adult's meal for our eldest and a child's meal for our youngest and they would then swap meals!

I don't mind so much this year as we have free dining.:)

pixel-dust

I so agree. I'd love to be able to get last minute reservations again.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom