Does anyone else miss SpectroMagic -- especially the theme music at night in the MK?

prberk

Original Poster
I still like the SpectroMagic music -- and although it has not been heard in the MK for years; I can still hear imagine it from time to time, and my mind immediately brings back the thoughts and smells of a warm summer night at the park. (And then of, course, it gets caught in the infinite loop of that part of the song that repeatedly says, "shimmering, shimmering...". With that clown-like figure that was a big part of the parade.... Lol.)

Just thought of it and thought I would ask if anyone else misses that parade.

And I do find it sad that they have not replaced the night-time parade at all.

surfsupdon

I find Myself humming or singing as well on Main Street. Especially the finale!! On this magic night.....

Actually, when we were kids, my sister and I used this song to manipulate my parents for a Disney trip!! My folks love this song, especially my dad, so we would cue up the CD in his car and not before long, our annual trip was booked!

Pluto89

I miss Spectro soo much! I was there for a short visit the last year it was running, and me not thinking it would get scrapped before our next visit we skipped out on seeing it 😭😭😭😭 I regret that day!

Goofyernmost

Not me... When I watched and listened to the parade all I could ever think of is some sort of bazaar funeral march. At my age I really don't need that reminder. ;):(

belledream

All the time. I miss it sooo much. Every time it comes up on my iPod (yes I still use my iPod) I have to be emotionally ready to hear it... otherwise, I will skip it. :rolleyes: My heart can’t handle this right now!!! - the voice in my head

My favorite: “On this magic night, a million stars will play beside us...”

MaryJaneP

Every GD time we are in MK in the evening, at least one of us will comment on how much we miss Spectro. We listen to the Spectro music loop at least weekly throughout the year. Such a loss. Hopefully TDO can come up with a new nighttime parade that again captures the lightening in a bottle that was Spectro.

danyoung56

I always enjoyed that parade, except for one thing. Genie would tell Goofy to "take it, Goofy", and Goofy would say "Right on the beat!" I hated that exchange because there was nothing in the music to cue off of, no reason for Goofy to say that. It was just bizarre.

Last edited:

DisAl

I still like the SpectroMagic music -- and although it has not been heard in the MK for years; I can still hear imagine it from time to time, and my mind immediately brings back the thoughts and smells of a warm summer night at the park. (And then of, course, it gets caught in the infinite loop of that part of the song that repeatedly says, "shimmering, shimmering...". With that clown-like figure that was a big part of the parade.... Lol.)

A few million of us disappointed, but the Disney bean counters are happy.

NickMaio

OMG yes I really miss that parade.
I listen to the music once a week....

KaliSplash

I agree it is terrible they have not replaced the nighttime parade with a new one. I am a Huge Main Street Electrical Parade fan and was overjoyed when it came back to replace Spectro. My problem with Spectro is the music. It's a waltz. Not exactly parade music. It is beautiful, but it's not parade music. Much prefer the uptempo of MSEP. But yes, give us something, Spectro was not a bad thing, just not as good musically as MSEP

daisyduckie

I agree it is terrible they have not replaced the nighttime parade with a new one. I am a Huge Main Street Electrical Parade fan and was overjoyed when it came back to replace Spectro. My problem with Spectro is the music. It's a waltz. Not exactly parade music. It is beautiful, but it's not parade music. Much prefer the uptempo of MSEP. But yes, give us something, Spectro was not a bad thing, just not as good musically as MSEP

I thought Spectomagic was superior to MSEP in all ways. MSEP sounded to me like a child's record stuck on replay. It was cute, but didn't hold a candle to Spectromagic.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Absolutely.

With the overall arcing theme tying this and Wishes into one, an evening in the MK with Spectro was as cohesive as World Showcase has been with the preshow loop, the torches, RoE and Promise - Not even taking Tapestry of Nations into consideration.

How much we’ve lost.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom