Does anyone buy resale of lowest price DVC and use at Sold Out resorts?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I agree in theory, but this really requires some analysis of what you think Beach Club hotel cash prices will look like over the next 20 years. It's possible a $150/point buy-in still reflects a discount over cash rates for the next 20 years. Enough of a discount? I dunno, I haven't done the math. But I can follow the logic here, as long as the person buying Beach Club uses all their points at Beach Club only.

I also think there's some value in being completely rid of a timeshare with ballooning annual maintenance fees in 20 years, with no obligations remaining to the owner.
Fair point.

but a lot of the recent DVC assumption is there is no ceiling on rack rates…

“it’s $800 now…pretty soon it will be $1600”

hotels won’t operate with that kinda free reign. At some point…those that are thrilled with them won’t be able to afford them and those that can afford will be total turned off by the lack of services.

Club Cooloholic

Fair point.

but a lot of the recent DVC assumption is there is no ceiling on rack rates…

“it’s $800 now…pretty soon it will be $1600”

hotels won’t operate with that kinda free reign. At some point…those that are thrilled with them won’t be able to afford them and those that can afford will be total turned off by the lack of services.
They also love to say the rack is x amount of dollars, then offer many a promotion so it is almost never that price if you plan ahead (in normal years which will return).
Question what is all this talk of holding off till we see where fast pass and annual passes are going? What are the possibilities? I have been out of the loop.

striker1064

They also love to say the rack is x amount of dollars, then offer many a promotion so it is almost never that price if you plan ahead (in normal years which will return).
Question what is all this talk of holding off till we see where fast pass and annual passes are going? What are the possibilities? I have been out of the loop.

The main thing is we just have no idea what the future holds. They've already been changed at DL and there's not yet been any hint of what will happen to AP/FP+ at WDW. So what if you buy DVC now and you absolutely hate what's coming?

This is especially true for people who keep touting the Gold AP discount as a reason to buy direct "so they'll come out ahead in 30 years!" Because you can't even buy it right now, it's a perk that's not guaranteed, and it may never come back at all.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
The main thing is we just have no idea what the future holds. They've already been changed at DL and there's not yet been any hint of what will happen to AP/FP+ at WDW. So what if you buy DVC now and you absolutely hate what's coming?

This is especially true for people who keep touting the Gold AP discount as a reason to buy direct "so they'll come out ahead in 30 years!" Because you can't even buy it right now, it's a perk that's not guaranteed, and it may never come back at all.
Really bad time to buy…direct or resale…because of high prices and uncertainty due to lack of information about wdw

Club Cooloholic

Ah ok. I am resale so I haven't worried about the gold pass. I wonder when the 50% borrow restriction will be lifted

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom