Do your friends think your crazy?

Beccone

Original Poster
For going and enjoying WDW so much? When I tell people we are going back this summer they all say didn't you just go last year? It's like they almost think that we are ridiculous for wanting to go back, I know they just don't get it. For us going to WDW as a family has been a long time coming. I went every other summer as a child but didn't go back again from 1991 until 2002 with my dh and ds who was 6 at the time. I was pregnant at the time and told our ds we would go back when his brother turned 4 (we had this whole idea about making sure the kids were old enough to really enjoy it). Then 1 1/2 later we had our 3rd child so that pushed our trip back another year and then 2 yrs later we had our daughter. By this point we just said forget it, we couldn't wait anymore so we went last summer when she was 1 (almost 2) and our ds's were 13, 6 and 4. We have become addicted and our children are obssessed with everything Disney. When people ask why we are going back I tell them because we love it and as long as I have any say in our vacation planning we will be returning every year :sohappy:

wdwfan100

Yep.:lol:

I'm the EPCOT And All Things Disney Nerd of the group.:lol: They have a Disney question, I have a Disney answer.:D

:sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

IMO every group needs a Disney fanatic. It is a term of endearment to be known as a Disney nerd. I am proud to be one

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
I go to Disney 2-4x a year and always have a countdown calendar on my desk at work. People go out of their way to just to see how many days I have left :ROFLOL:

foreverbelle

oh yes. family, friends, co workers. no one gets it. they don't realize this is my beach vacation, this is mountain retreat. to me this is all of there vacations. just as they enjoy going to the beach every year. i go to disney every year. thats just me. i know they don't get it. and there are times when i try to explain over and over until i am blue and the face. but after awhile i say well whatever. this is my happy place.

just like the washington post's slogan.

if you don't get it, you don't get it.:ROFLOL:

DizneyPryncess

Some of my friends think I'm crazy - but some are just as crazy as me. On my last trip, my brother asked me if I was trying to break the record of spending the most hours in the park. Obviously he never heard of an annual pass holder before....haha. I could never break their records.

My favorite is when people who think I'm nuts come to me for advice on planning their own Disney trips! :lol:

I_heart_Tigger

yes they do but the good thing is that whenever they plan a Disney trip they all say that I just HAVE to go with them to show them the ropes...my general response is ""well of COURSE I do, how will you ever get along without me" :animwink::lookaroun

LiveyMouse22

All of my friends think I'm crazy for loving WDW so much and are always like "you just went.. how do you like it that much, don't you get sick of it". I'm sure all of you know how IMPOSSIBLE that is. So I just tell them that they don't understand. (Because they obviously don't :animwink:) My family always says "they're just not Disney-goers". :lol: I also love it when someone goes for the first time or something and then they stop saying how crazy I am. :p

ThinkTink721

We experience this too.
But, it really doesn't bother me anymore.
I realize that it's not for everyone.
I truly enjoy planning, getting there, making the most of my trip, & looking back at all the fun.
:wave:

AREM

For me, its not so much that fact that I go at least twice a year. Its the fact that I am constantly listening to music from the movies, parks, etc. That is what people have a hard time swallowing. LOL

I'll be rolling downtown in my city with my windows down, blaring Tapestry Of Nations. LOL It is the most amazing thing you have ever seen. When I roll up to a stop light, and the guy next to me has some rap song blaring, I turn Soarin up louder. I think its funny that I have a nicer sound system that most people who blare rap music, yet the person who often has the nicer car sound system is overpowering T Pain with Horizons. :D

Its pretty much the coolest thing ever.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
My friends have thought me crazy since long before I started obsessing about Disney... :lookaroun

Ceekling

Family definitely gets it, but friends not so much. And my boss had such a hard time understanding why we enjoy going so much (5 trips to WDW and 3 to DL in 9 years), until I explained that my love for Disney is like her love for her Harley.

EpcotServo

Outside my Family, Pretty much only some of you on here I consider myself to be on Friend-ish terms with, so you'll just have to debate amongst yourselves on the nature of my Sanity.

:lol: :wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom