Do you use the Train at Magic Kingdom?

Jahona

We've ridden on the trains for fun but during the Summer heat, even moving, the heat was getting to us. So early morning or if they are still running in the evening we'll hop on.

JIMINYCR

We are soooo fortunate that Walt fell in love with trains and he decided to have the trains built into the park designs.
We always ride the train multiple times on our trips. Its an enjoyable part of MK. We ride it around the entire circuit as a relaxing ride. We ride it from station to station to help avoid crowd conditions getting form one area of the park to another. We ride it to assist with the park plans weve made. I love listening to the train whistle, hearing the train rumble over the tracks, seeing the behind the scenes sites as it travels around the loop. I wish Disney had built more sites around the tracks to view, theres plenty of space that could have been used to entertain us on the ride.

Phonedave

For me, I use it as a ride, when it meets my transportation needs.

In other words, I don't ride it just to ride it, such as doing a full loop. But if I am in one section of the MK and need to get to another, and both are near train stops, I will take the train. Fully away the most of the time walking is faster. I just enjoy riding the train.

Dog Ate Mouse

We have used the train once in awhile because we were near it and know it would take us to where we wanted to get too. Here is my number one reason for riding the train. I love old time engines and it fun and nostalgic.

The train is a nice break away from it all and just relaxing. Again to me it is just fun to ride. For the places where the train does stop is great to use if you are going to that location Yes we walk but why walk all the time when you can take a really cool train..

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
I always ride a full loop, but never as transportation. It might be faster if your last ride of the day is Barnstormer and you're heading for the exit, but waiting at the Frontierland station while trying to exit the park is a huge waste of time.

worldfanatic

At the Magic Kingdom, I very rarely ride the train, maybe once every 5-6 vacations.
Although I do love seeing & hearing it.

At Disneyland in California, I never ever miss riding the train.
The Grand Canyon & Primeval World pull me in every time.

Disney4family

DH throws a temper tantrum if we don't ride the train at MK. It's his favorite and he's a train nut anyway. So sometimes we ride it just because, other times it saves us a walk through the middle of the park.

You have no idea how upset he gets when it's closed for refurbishment.....
Yeah, I got one of those, too.

Jedi Stitch

The Moving Park Bench Ride is a must. Do a full circle, great way to get those great tidbits of info. You can use it as transportation, but mostly as a well "I'm hot, tired and need a good sit break to my next land."

HoneyBee1991

Original Poster
I'm glad some of you mentioned it being closed in December. Because naturally we will be there from December 5-15th 🤣😭. Ugh. Oh well, there is always next fall.

Is it closed for Tron construction? Or just normal refurb stuff?

thomas998

We didn't use the train(s) on any of our past trips, mostly because we forgot about them. However, now that I think about how we walked from frontierland to the exit at 12:15am after a long night at MNSSHP, we probably should have.

Do you use the train while at Magic Kingdom?

Do you use it as a slow ride all on it's own or to help your "park strategy?"

Has anyone every done the train tour? Is it fun/worth the cost and time?

Thanks for your insight!
It really only makes sense if your feet are hurting or you can tell from the sound that a train is about to arrive, other wise you waste too much time just sitting waiting to get to it. While I've never timed it I just can't imagine it even saves you any actual time getting from one side of the park to the other when you factor in the time it takes for it get actually get you there and the fact that it doesn't actually drop you off at the best spot in the area you are going (except for the mainstreet area if you are leaving MK)... I will ride the train in DL just as a ride because there is more to see, at MK the train ride is pretty worthless as a slow ride because there isn't that much to see when you ride it.

It might have help give your feet a rest when you were there last at the Halloween party but you probably got back to your hotel a little faster by not using it.

HwdStudio

We didn't use the train(s) on any of our past trips, mostly because we forgot about them. However, now that I think about how we walked from frontierland to the exit at 12:15am after a long night at MNSSHP, we probably should have.

Do you use the train while at Magic Kingdom?

Do you use it as a slow ride all on it's own or to help your "park strategy?"

Has anyone every done the train tour? Is it fun/worth the cost and time?

Thanks for your insight!
You couldn’t have used the train that late after MNSSHP because it isn’t running that late. We ride for nostalgic reasons. Not for transportation purposes

EricsBiscuit

You couldn’t have used the train that late after MNSSHP because it isn’t running that late. We ride for nostalgic reasons. Not for transportation purposes
If MK is open late enough they will start running the trains after the fireworks. They just have to check if there's any fires along the tracks. I've ridden the trains at 2:00am before (loooooooooong time ago).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom