Do you Tip Minnie Van Drivers?

HoneyBee1991

Original Poster
We used the mini van service for the first time on our recent trip. It is my understanding that they are Disney world employees. Does that change the way or amount they get paid?

I don't normally use car sharing services but have heard it customary to tip if your driver is very good.

She was a great driver but paying $34 for a one way trip from Magic kingdom to Pop century already hurt my purse strings.

Should I have tipped her?

TrojanUSC

We used the mini van service for the first time on our recent trip. It is my understanding that they are Disney world employees. Does that change the way or amount they get paid?

I don't normally use car sharing services but have heard it customary to tip if your driver is very good.

She was a great driver but paying $34 for a one way trip from Magic kingdom to Pop century already hurt my purse strings.

Should I have tipped her?

While cash is accepted, it's easiest to tip through the app. The next time you sign in there will be an option for how much to tip the driver. Same as any ride share service - you tip if they were courteous, did the job well, etc.

Surfin' Tuna

They are pretty ridiculously priced, but I am willing to bet that not a huge portion of that goes to the drivers. We should try to find out how that works versus traditional Uber or Lyft, since they are cast members. I have used it three times, and I tipped about 20% each time.

JIMINYCR

We used the Minnie van twice in our last trip. Both times it saved us greatly in time and aggravation and it was a service we were happy to have available. We did tip the drivers in both cases and wouldnt consider not doing so. You hopefully knew what the cost was beforehand so it was your choice to take the ride.

OneofThree

We did tip the drivers in both cases and wouldnt consider not doing so. You hopefully knew what the cost was beforehand so it was your choice to take the ride.

Absolutely. Whether it's your server, your bellman, your housekeeper, or your driver, their livelihoods all depend on the integration of tipping.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom