Do you think we could see 1 day ticket prices at $200 bucks before long?

eliza61nyc

Original Poster
Oh its definitely more crowded. Its not just the feel thats Disney has manufactured. It used to be a pleasure to stroll around the uncrowded walkways, you could take your time finding a place to watch fireworks and shows, you never had to compete for reservations or search endlessly for outdoor QS table space. Now you can barely maneuver through the sidewalks and streets without bumping into someone. And just try taking a decent photo now without massive bodies messing up the shot. It's been a long time since the parks were uncrowded to the point that it was a relaxing, pleasurable experience.

here are some of the pictures from our August 2018 trip.

This was Magic kingdom around 1 pm. very pleasant, Africa hot, definitely not empty but I thought the crowds were very enjoyable.
I always go end of August or end of first of May if I have my choice

Last edited:

Trackmaster

here are some of the pictures from our August 2018 trip. View attachment 357156View attachment 357157View attachment 357159View attachment 357160View attachment 357161

This was Magic kingdom around 1 pm. very pleasant, Africa hot, definitely not empty but I thought the crowds were very enjoyable.

I wonder how long until Disney finds a way to market September and make it packed too. Labor Day celebrations? NFL/college football parades and special events? "Why go back to school when we have some educational stuff here" promotions? Stay safe from the hurricanes in our fallout shelter?

aliceismad

I wonder how long until Disney finds a way to market September and make it packed too. Labor Day celebrations? NFL/college football parades and special events? "Why go back to school when we have some educational stuff here" promotions? Stay safe from the hurricanes in our fallout shelter?
Uh, Star Wars opening? That take care of 2019 at least.

I do think the Halloween parties have made Sept. more attractive for some guests.

Trackmaster

Uh, Star Wars opening? That take care of 2019 at least.

I do think the Halloween parties have made Sept. more attractive for some guests.

Yeah, exactly. I don't think that the opening date was coincidence. They didn't want one of the biggest theme park ride openings of all time to come just before Thanksgiving/Christmas or summer. I think that this September will pretty much feel like the other months. Especially considering the fact that a lot of adults without kids who don't have to worry about school schedules will be making the trip.

wendysue

Count me in on the unpopular opinion that price needs to catch up to demand. If you’re concerned about people being left out, I’m all for having a few discounted weeks when you can pay less if you don’t mind the insane crowd. Otherwise, I’m actually in favor of raising prices across the board.
You must work for Disney Corporate...

bhg469

Count me in on the unpopular opinion that price needs to catch up to demand. If you’re concerned about people being left out, I’m all for having a few discounted weeks when you can pay less if you don’t mind the insane crowd. Otherwise, I’m actually in favor of raising prices across the board.
It wont change a thing. People will go no matter what and that includes extend their credit to get their "fix" You're not looking at this from the perspective of an addict.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Raise ticket prices, or increase capacity? We all know what they're choosing.

The $200 threshold for a "premium" day will likely broken within 2 years, for the 50th.

Animaniac93-98

Guests using 1-day tickets account for less than 10% of attendance on any given day. (I've heard 8 or 9%, depending on who I ask.)

The most popular tickets are 3-, 4-, and 5-day tickets. Not sure about whether it includes the park hop option.

Is that across all parks? I’d imagine MK has the most 1-day sales.

Chef Mickey

Guests using 1-day tickets account for less than 10% of attendance on any given day. (I've heard 8 or 9%, depending on who I ask.)

The most popular tickets are 3-, 4-, and 5-day tickets. Not sure about whether it includes the park hop option.
Thanks. So my prediction of over 75% was right and totally makes sense.

1 day ticket prices are almost purely clickbait for news outlets trying to get traffic.

winstongator

Gators and Canes moved their game up from Labor Day to avoid the GE opening madness (rumors allege). Game date was moved, I’m not sure of the reason.

kevhugh

It wont change a thing. People will go no matter what and that includes extend their credit to get their "fix" You're not looking at this from the perspective of an addict.

Maybe for people from this site for sure, but the general public will eventually respond to an increase in price. It’s simple economics.

And no I don’t work for Disney. I just hate the crowds I’m going to be fighting next week. As I said, I knew my opinion would be unpopular. If I end up being wrong, I’ll own up to it.

aliceismad

I think one-day prices are much more relevant at DLR, which is so small people could actually spend just a day or two there. (And they’re not any cheaper than WDW.)

I will say that on our upcoming trip, we wanted to do just one day an universal. Until we priced it. Then we decided to stay at Disney. We will have to budget more for our next Orlando vacation, when we spend fewer days at Disney and 2-3 days at Universal.

JIMINYCR

I will say that on our upcoming trip, we wanted to do just one day an universal. Until we priced it. Then we decided to stay at Disney. We will have to budget more for our next Orlando vacation, when we spend fewer days at Disney and 2-3 days at Universal.
I think most people will see the increase to $200, whenever it comes, and still go. Disneys got what they want and delivers on the entertainment and fun. And they know their popularity isnt lessening. It will only force more people to budget and save more, delay trips further and add less extras into their trip. If Disneys your desired trip youll do whatever it takes to make it happen.

epcotisbest

Then they're doing it wrong. Makes no sense. I'd also like to see the data on ticket breakout. The multi-day ticket (anything greater than 1 day) in general is overwhelmingly more popular, I'd wager.

So every time I buy a one day ticket I am doing something wrong? Could you explain to me why it is wrong to visit for only one day if that is all the time I want to visit?

phillip9698

here are some of the pictures from our August 2018 trip. View attachment 357156View attachment 357157View attachment 357159View attachment 357160View attachment 357161

End of August is one of the very few periods where the parks can seem light especially if you go before food and wine. It's a transition time where the kids are going back to school, the fall decor isn't up, the Halloween parties aren't going, and it's super hot. Most people who can go at that time would rather wait till September when other festivities have started

aliceismad

At some point it's going to be cheaper to just fly and stay at half the real countries in Epcot than it is to go to WDW.
It’s already comparable when I’ve priced out vacations to Mexico and Canada vs. a week at Disney. Even some of the overseas countries have airfare deals. That said, there’s really no place on earth like WDW.

Chef Mickey

So every time I buy a one day ticket I am doing something wrong? Could you explain to me why it is wrong to visit for only one day if that is all the time I want to visit?
It's just a silly way to do WDW. If you're an AP holder, sure. If you're literally going to visit for a day, I think you're doing it wrong.

You are getting very little benefit for your cost versus more days.

eliza61nyc

Original Poster
End of August is one of the very few periods where the parks can seem light especially if you go before food and wine. It's a transition time where the kids are going back to school, the fall decor isn't up, the Halloween parties aren't going, and it's super hot. Most people who can go at that time would rather wait till September when other festivities have started

Ssssh. I'm hoping it stays that way. I can take the Hot as all hell-ness a lot better than the crowds. I think the entire 8 days we were there Pandora was the only ride that was consistently 60+ minute wait, every thing else we found was 30-35 minutes in the mid afternoon.

I love the festivals too but nope I'm sticking with what maybe the last part of the year with manageable crowd sizes.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom