Do you think WDWMagic should have thread for "Running @ Disney"

Should WDWMagic post a designated thread for "Running @ Disney"

• Yes, I think it's a great idea.

Votes: 38 57.6%
  • No, I'm not interested

Votes: 15 22.7%
  • Yes, I'm not a runner, but I am still interested in the races at Disney.

Votes: 13 19.7%

• Total voters

frank2271

Original Poster
Hello all,

I'm lobbying for WDW Magic to designate a thread for "Running @ Disney". I know there are a lot of runners on this site and with Disney offering more and more races I would like to see a thread for Running.

I have contacted the guys at WDWMagic.com and they have told me that if they see enough interest in such a thread, they will make one.

So, I am posting this poll to get an idea how many of us (runners) are out there. Please vote.

Thank you, and Happy Easter!

Frank

GoofyFan1

:wave:I'm in. I already belong to a Disney running site, but I'm always willing to meet and talk to fellow Disney runners. :sohappy:

MissM

I don't run but Love does and he's trying to get back into doing 5k's and such. I know he'd be interested in the Disney half-marathons and such but right now, honestly, I don't know much if anything about the various races on WDW property. So it might be interesting to learn more about it for him.

WDWFigment

Do you mean a sub-forum? You could start your own thread (as demonstrated here) for the topic and save the need for this thread.

As for a sub-forum, I don't think one is warranted. I think there are already too many sub-forums here, and they dilute views each thread receives and topics relegated to less popular sub-forums get very little attention (whereas if forum categories were more broad, topics would receive "cross pollination" from one topic to another because people might see topics that would interest them that they otherwise wouldn't see because they think that a particular sub-forum isn't of interest to them). If anything, I'd rather see some of the sub-forums condensed (i.e. all of the media forums combined into one, all of the "New and Rumors" forums combined into one, etc.).

fmingo36

Really love this idea. Wished it had been around before I ran my first race (the Princess 1/2 marathon) this past March.

Thanks!

MKCP 1985

Do you mean a sub-forum? You could start your own thread (as demonstrated here) for the topic and save the need for this thread.

As for a sub-forum, I don't think one is warranted.

agreed. history says individual threads are started on Disney races and then wither after less than a full page of posts. With as many people as visit these boards daily, that tells me most people are not here to talk about the Disney races, even though I personally have an interest (and have started a thread or two about various races).

I think having one thread going and posting to that thread should be enough. That seems to work for such subjects as "the diet thread," which will sometimes go for months before someone drags it back up.

frank2271

Original Poster
I'm just thinking that if there is a category for races, then the subjects will be easier to find therefore easier to comment on, again therefore kept more up to date. A place where people can discuss training, injuries, favorite places to run in Disney, etc. The thread can hold a lot of different running discussions.

I still think it's a good idea. But that's me. :drevil:

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I'm just thinking that if there is a category for races, then the subjects will be easier to find therefore easier to comment on, again therefore kept more up to date. A place where people can discuss training, injuries, favorite places to run in Disney, etc. The thread can hold a lot of different running discussions.

I still think it's a good idea. But that's me. :drevil:

I agree, niche discussion like this does tend to quickly get buried elsewhere. Let's give it a go and see how it goes :) The dedicated Marathon board is now at http://forums.wdwmagic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=128

HollyBelle

Just found this thread! And I'm very excited to have a running/training subforum. I think it's such a great idea, as I rarely frequent the "general" thread and tend to miss things as they get lost in the shuffle.

Just wanted to thank Steve and Frank for making it happen! :sohappy:

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Just found this thread! And I'm very excited to have a running/training subforum. I think it's such a great idea, as I rarely frequent the "general" thread and tend to miss things as they get lost in the shuffle.

You're welcome!

Hope to see you in the new board!

frank2271

Original Poster

I am also excited to see our new forum, we just have to make sure we keep it goint.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom