Do you think Tokyo will ever have Genie(+)?

tanc

Original Poster
I was looking at Disneyland Tokyo and was so shocked to see 4 day tickets equate to about $240 which is absolutely insane. You could almost never go to WDW for 4 days for that price. I just hope Japan keeps their prices and that they never adopt Genie+/ paid fast pass.

BasiltheBatLord

Ticket prices at TDR are still cheaper than the U.S., but they've been rising steadily over the past couple years. When I first came to Japan three years ago a 1-day ticket was around $60 USD, it's now $80.

OLC has said publicly that they want to make FastPass a paid service in the near future. I don't know about the whole Genie system, my guess is they won't use Genie just because I doubt OLC is interested in incorporating a completely foreign system with no modifications. It is worth noting however that TDR has been doing a standby pass system (similar to Disneyland Paris's new system except free) since the pandemic and given the Japanese love of random lotteries I wouldn't be surprised if this kind of thing continues unfortunately.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom