do you think the crowd for one more disney day will be overcapacity

marv

Original Poster
i read in a article that they are going to let people wait in line starting 10pm for when the park opens at 6am so do you think it will get over crowed by noon ?

DisneyJoe

Crowded = yes.

At capacity = no.

It's a Wednesday, middle of the week. Not a time when people usually have off from work or school.

Cmdr_Crimson

It would have been WAY better if they did this event Resort wide than just one park..AK and Epcot would be awesome for really late night rides.

Rasvar

It won't be anywhere near capacity. You just don't have the amount of people you have in town on vacation compared to Christmas/New Years and July 4. It will be crowded at times, though. I consider the park near capacity when Stitch has a 30 minute wait. Don't think that is going to happen. ;)

marv

Original Poster
It won't be anywhere near capacity. You just don't have the amount of people you have in town on vacation compared to Christmas/New Years and July 4. It will be crowded at times, though. I consider the park near capacity when Stitch has a 30 minute wait. Don't think that is going to happen. ;)

thats correct, since i will be going into the park around 8 am , i heard disneyland will let there people wait outside the gate starting at 10pm

TP2000

i read in a article that they are going to let people wait in line starting 10pm for when the park opens at 6am so do you think it will get over crowed by noon ?

That article is for Disneyland, a different type of theme park experience than WDW, especially for One More Disney Day.

The Disney Parks Blog has released several key articles over the last 10 days regarding logistics and events for Disneyland Park during One More Disney Day. You are specifically referring to the article from February 17th that announced they will be giving away free Mickey Mouse ear hats at Disneyland the morning of the 29th. http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...ceive-limited-edition-commemorative-ear-hats/

That article also announced this text;

Here are some things you should know if you are planning to join us when Disneyland park opens at 6 a.m. on February 29:
• Guests may begin lining up no earlier than 10 p.m. on Tuesday, February 28.
• Guests planning to line up before Disneyland park opens must park in the Pumbaa Parking Lot on Disney Way between 10 p.m. on Tuesday, February 28 and 6 a.m. on February 29. Please note that the Pumbaa Lot will not begin to offer shuttle service to the East Esplanade until 6 a.m. on February 29. Click here for a map of Disneyland Resort parking areas.
• Restrooms will be available for guests who line up before Disneyland park opens.

There have also been Blog articles about the special overnight restaurant menus being offered at Disneyland for One More Disney Day. http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...disneyland-resort-during-one-more-disney-day/

Plus an announcement of free "Midnight Snacks" and Character greetings compliments of the Disney Parks Blog folks at Disneyland's Big Thunder Ranch during the early morning hours. http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...t-disneyland-park-during-one-more-disney-day/

Interestingly, there has been absolutely no information on the official Disney Parks Blog about anything happening at the Magic Kingdom Park for One More Disney Day. I went back on the Blog to February 1st and couldn't find anything regarding info and the special events they have planned for Magic Kingdom Park, or even menu information for overnight restaurants.

Again, it's always interesting to me how the two similar properties operate so differently on the two coasts. Disneyland is all over the Parks Blog for this event, and Magic Kingdom Park is still silent. I wonder what they've got up their sleeve? :veryconfu

Jakester

It would have been WAY better if they did this event Resort wide than just one park..AK and Epcot would be awesome for really late night rides.

I honestly don't see an Overnight event like "One More Disney Day" Working so well for Epcot, DHS or AK. A good amount of people who come to Disney World only vist Magic Kingdom for a day, and it the park that usually has a crowd. Animal Kingdom Would be basically deserted from dark - 6am if the event ran here, there arn't barely enough attractions for a 9a - 8p day.
Disney's Hollywood Studios would get deserted after the 2nd fantasmic performed (plus, theres not enough attractions here to keep you going around from 12a - 6a)
Epcot would become deserted at 12a - 6a (there are a handful of attractions)

Magic Kingdom has that certain feeling in it, One More Disney Day will only work here because 1. Its the most popular park in the world, 2. There's enough of the 4parks here to keep you occupied. 3. Its more secluded than the other 3parks, and MK has the most Nighttime Entertainment than the other 3 (or 2), Magic Kingdom has a light parade, fireworks, and a awesome projection show, Epcot just has 1fireworks show, DHS has only 1nighttime show (2 if you count the rare fireworks).

EvilQueen-T

my sister and i are playing hookie and heading to mk but won't get to mk until around 2pm but we're night people anyway so when all the morning people with kids ________ out we'll still be going strong. plan to check into hotel around 1-130 and and head to mk will update.

maxairmike

I understand that Cast Members are being blocked out and are being required to use their comp tickets if they want to go to the MK for that day, so they're obviously expecting a major crowd if they're even restricting their ID use (if true, of course).

Pioneer Hall

I understand that Cast Members are being blocked out and are being required to use their comp tickets if they want to go to the MK for that day, so they're obviously expecting a major crowd if they're even restricting their ID use (if true, of course).

I thought that usually worked the other way around. That CM's can usually get in with their ID, but it would be their main gate (guest) pass that would be blacked out. Of course, I could have that completely wrong.

Slugger

I just looked up blockout dates and currently there is no blockout date for the 29th. Also no word has been given to us by our managers saying we would be blocked out that day. The only time our IDs are restricted are during phased closings and thats at either phase 3 or phase 4.

I think that it will be a busy day and then by 2 or 3 am its going to be very slow. Luckily I will only be working till 9:15 that night!

maxairmike

I guess my friend was wrong this time, and she'll be happy to hear it! :lol:

I thought it was a little odd myself, but haven't really had the opportunity to run it through anyone else.

Kobe!!

I thought that usually worked the other way around. That CM's can usually get in with their ID, but it would be their main gate (guest) pass that would be blacked out. Of course, I could have that completely wrong.

Agreed.

I think I may have heard in the past of them asking us not to go to the parks on certain days due to crowd sizes but never saying it's a blackout for us.

captainkidd

A.Who in the world would be insane enough to line up 8 hours early to get into a park that they plan on spending 24 hours at, when any other day of the year, they can get there 5 minutes early and ride/see just as much?

B.I really don't understand who this is supposed to be aimed at. Locals, who can go to the MK whenever they want? Or tourists - Are they really going to fly down to Orlando just for this?

C.I see some problems arising from this. I don't know too many kids who'll be able to stay up for 24 hours straight. I imagine a lot of adults roaming the MK with their water bottles spiked with Rum and Vodka.

D.I LOVE the Magic Kingdom. It's by far my favorite park. But 24 hours there? As big a fan as I am of the place, there simply isn't enough there to do to fill 24 hours, especially with some attractions down.

I applaud Disney for doing this. Honestly, I don't see any real benefit in it for them. And if you're someone who's going and has a good time at something like this, then I think that's great, so please don't get me wrong. I just find the idea kind of odd.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
A.Who in the world would be insane enough to line up 8 hours early to get into a park that they plan on spending 24 hours at, when any other day of the year, they can get there 5 minutes early and ride/see just as much? Never underestimate people and their passions. I have shown up at 3AM to get fast passes for Star Wars Weekend autographs only to find out there were than a thousand people more dedicated than I.

B.I really don't understand who this is supposed to be aimed at. Locals, who can go to the MK whenever they want? Or tourists - Are they really going to fly down to Orlando just for this? Locals would be the obvious market but I know people coming in just for this event.

C.I see some problems arising from this. I don't know too many kids who'll be able to stay up for 24 hours straight. I imagine a lot of adults roaming the MK with their water bottles spiked with Rum and Vodka. There will always be problems whenever you put people together. Stupid, but it is a fact of life.

D.I LOVE the Magic Kingdom. It's by far my favorite park. But 24 hours there? As big a fan as I am of the place, there simply isn't enough there to do to fill 24 hours, especially with some attractions down. I never understood the appeal of torturing yourself by running a marathons yet thousands do it every day. This is no different.

I applaud Disney for doing this. Honestly, I don't see any real benefit in it for them. And if you're someone who's going and has a good time at something like this, then I think that's great, so please don't get me wrong. I just find the idea kind of odd.I do not see an upside for Disney either which IMHO is a good thing. I would love to see Disney start doing things "just because" once again.

captainkidd

The biggest mystery to me is standing outside of the park for 8 hours. I've done crazy things like that to get tickets for a concert, but that's a one-off type of thing. It's not as if the Magic Kingdom isn't going to be there in the morning.

But again, as odd as I find the whole thing, I actually love it. As we said, there is really no upside to Disney doing this. It's just something they're doing for the heck of it, and for that, I'm all for it.

dreamfinder

The biggest mystery to me is standing outside of the park for 8 hours. I've done crazy things like that to get tickets for a concert, but that's a one-off type of thing. It's not as if the Magic Kingdom isn't going to be there in the morning.

But again, as odd as I find the whole thing, I actually love it. As we said, there is really no upside to Disney doing this. It's just something they're doing for the heck of it, and for that, I'm all for it.

Its for the free limited edition ear hats. That is why people will be lining up early. Be it to add to their collection, or sell on the secondary market, but anytime that Disney releases some merchandise in the sub 2000 range, people drive the prices up for a while. And there is the slight change the ears would be cool like some have been lately. If its just the plain black set with a iron on decal, meh......

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom