do you think the 50th Birthday celebration will start before Oct 2021

DfromATX

Same question for me, as I plan to go that year, but probably before October of 2021. I was actually thinking maybe January!

If this is the case, I may decide to go in January 2022!

Was going in January 2021 because it will be my 50th and my daughter's 21st birthdays that month!

Also, going in January 2022, I would hope the Tron ride will be open then!

Decisions, Decisions!

Same here! We want to go in January and that is also my birthday month. If all the new stuff won't be open by 2021, then we may postpone until 2022, but that's so far away!

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
From here:

Magic Kingdom 50th Anniversary (Oct 1, 2021)
  • Timeline: May 2021 to the end of 2022. [here]

Leading to here:

I heard May 2021 to 12/31/22 was considered. I’m sure there are many complexities to nailing down a date. But the announced projects can all complete by then. I expect the announced projects with one more at Epcot, an impressive entertainment package at all four parks, and a surprising number of significant ride refurbishments. What more could one ask for?

I know of no other credible source for a timeframe other than that.

Disstevefan1

I thought I read or heard the celebration will start Jan of 2021 not sure how long it will run. I suspect something big will happen on the exact day; Oct. 1 , 2021, but the 50th celebrations is, from what I heard, starting Jan of 2021.

TTA94

I thought I read or heard the celebration will start Jan of 2021 not sure how long it will run. I suspect something big will happen on the exact day; Oct. 1 , 2021, but the 50th celebrations is, from what I heard, starting Jan of 2021.

I don’t see the new MK 50th entertainment debuting much earlier than Oct 1. The new Illuminations is debuting fall of 2020 which I’m not sure is or is not considered part of the “50th entertainment package” plans. Surprised they didn’t give it a 2021 debut to market it as part of the 50th.

AVAC Juice

I'm thinking 6 months early and 9 months late.

Actually...
Mickeys Birthdayland never really went away in many ways. Like the Epcot 2000 wand hung around the campus for entirely too long.

Maybe 15-20 years for the 50th.

Final answer.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom