Do you think that Disney world will reclose its gates due to the rising number of COVID cases in Florida and around the country?

kong1802

I have said deaths are dropping and hospitalizations are steady and that is good news. I also said numerous times, testing and discovering positive cases is a good thing.

Now that deaths are rising, is it bad news?

Ok, last one for the day, needed the comedic relief.

kong1802

The willful ignorance is quite something, isnt it?

It's funny to see the quick summaries and smugness that was displayed less than a month ago when they thought they had the numbers.

"We should have seen a rise in deaths, we didn't, so stop being alarmists"

Then we do see the rise in deaths, and it shifts to "Look at how the deaths are being reported" instead of saying, "Ok, I was obviously wrong"

schuelma

Of course , but the point is a good bit of those deaths already happened weeks and months ago

Sigh. I'm going to take you at your word, and not that you're being intentionally obtuse- it is a very bad sign that these deaths happened weeks and months ago, considering the recent explosion in cases.

Please tell me you understand this reality.

legwand77

Sigh. I'm going to take you at your word, and not that you're being intentionally obtuse- it is a very bad sign that these deaths happened weeks and months ago, considering the recent explosion in cases.

not the way in which you framed it

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member

Jrb1979

Everyone trying to play gotcha, pulling from posts from month or so ago, claiming things I never said, is pretty boring, moving on.
I understand your side is that it's not as bad as everyone keeps saying so there is no need to shutdown again. I agree we shouldn't shutdown again but more should be done to get the numbers even lower. What makes me laugh and shake my head at is how there is always a reason things can't be done. Fining businesses and people can be done. Its funny how most cities here passed laws quickly to do just that. There is measures that can be put in place so people can go to work as @DisneyCane wants.

Miss Bella

We got them last August and then went again in January, so we did get 2 - 5 day trips, but we had scheduled for May and July which didn't happen. We booked August and November before booking stopped, but August is not happening. I'll keep my fingers crossed now for November, but not holding out much hope for things getting better virus wise. 🤞:)
I was considering upgrading my tickets to annual passes, but they are not currently selling them. Oh well one less decision to make.

kong1802

Not at all. When total deaths in the US late June were only 350 for a day, we get on here and say "Look, lowest death total in a while, things are looking up"

In July, when that number is over 1,000 for a day we say "Ok, but some of those could be in that June number I used to tout how great things were, and so that makes my June statement look bad but I'm not gonna admit that, we just have to mentally subtract out numbers from the high July day total so it doesn't look bad now"

It's a complicated game. But its a funny complicated game.

Miss Bella

I understand your side is that it's not as bad as everyone keeps saying so there is no need to shutdown again. I agree we shouldn't shutdown again but more should be done to get the numbers even lower. What makes me laugh and shake my head at is how there is always a reason things can't be done. Fining businesses and people can be done. Its funny how most cities here passed laws quickly to do just that. There is measures that can be put in place so people can go to work as @DisneyCane wants.
I think WDW is doing everything they can to make it a safe experience. The problem seems to be in south Florida. I know nothing about South Florida I can’t even begin to have an opinion on it know what the problem is or how to fix it.

Dizneykid

Its downright hilarious how some of you think things are ok. I have posted a few times things that will work without shutting things down. You never comment other then to say how much I laugh

You have been one of the most outspoken advocates for closing Disney despite that they are mandating stricter safety measures than anywhere I can think of. I've always been pro-masks but also don't see any evidence for shutting down any business doing this safely. I will bet a hundred bucks that a majority of these cases in Florida are from people who are taking bigger risks.

Jrb1979

I think WDW is doing everything they can to make it a safe experience. The problem seems to be in south Florida. I know nothing about South Florida I can’t even begin to have an opinion on it know what the problem is or how to fix it.
The thing is the things that are working here can be done everywhere. Make masks mandatory, pass laws to fine people and businesses for not complying with social distancing. The economy can still run with those rules in place.

Miss Bella

Its funny cause in Erie they have people going to the low income areas handing out masks and talking to the people and making them informed. Yet another thing that can be done to help slow the spread.

I have to ask @legwand77 @DisneyCane @LUVMCO tell me why making masks mandatory, fining people and businesses who don't comply with social distancing and going into low income neighborhoods and handing out masks won't work.
When have we ever debated that or said it wouldn’t work. I can tell Ive never been part of that discussion.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom