Do you think that Disney world will reclose its gates due to the rising number of COVID cases in Florida and around the country?

Miss Bella

And central Florida, and North Florida, and Gulf coast Florida, and Pan handle....maybe you should investigate before making sweeping statements. The case of no beds available for a heart attack victim I posted earlier was not in South Florida.
What because an ambulance driver said that? Maybe he just wanted to take them to the closest hospital which is what they are supposed to do.

VaderTron

Hospitalizations in Florida over the past month when cases have gone up dramatically stayed level. Sure Covid and "with Covid" cases have gone up around 2500 in the past few weeks but in a system that has 60,000 staffed beds.

View attachment 485549View attachment 485550
I've seen this single sweeping post of stats that do not explain the issue at hand. Here's why. If I took the total income of the entire state of Florida and diveded it by the number of citizens I guarantee there would be a nice living wage for every person. However, that doesn't mean there isn't a large number of unemployed, underemployed, homeless, and poverty stricken citizens. It's just the opposite. Stats can be used to cover problems just as easily as to identify them.

Learn the difference and you may learn how to read data to benefit your understanding of a problem. A fixed reading of your data through the lens you insist on using would indicate that anyone can go to any hospital at any time in Florida and have no problem receiving treatment. Then how do you explain that an entire city in Florida did not have an available hospital bed for a heart attack victim? What does your chart say about that?

legwand77

What because an ambulance driver said that? Maybe he just wanted to take them to the closest hospital which is what they are supposed to do.

That is what I am thinking, as there are zero counties that have the 8 largest hospitals that are completely full. However it is anecdotal so no point in discussing, and glad their friend is doing well

legwand77

I've seen this single sweeping post of stats that do not explain the issue at hand. Here's why. If I took the total income of the entire state of Florida and diveded it by the number of citizens I guarantee there would be a nice living wage for every person. However, that doesn't mean there isn't a large number of unemployed, underemployed, homeless, and poverty stricken citizens. It's just the opposite. Stats can be used to cover problems just as easily as to identify them.

Learn the difference and you may learn how to read data to benefit your understanding of a problem. A fixed reading of your data through the lens you insist on using would indicate that anyone can go to any hospital at any time in Florida and have no problem receiving treatment. Then how do you explain that an entire city in Florida did not have an available hospital bed for a heart attack victim? What does your chart say about that?
see previous post

VaderTron

That is what I am thinking, as there are zero counties that have the 8 largest hospitals that are completely full. However it is anecdotal so no point in discussing, and glad their friend is doing well
My wife, who is in the medical field, was reporting the same week that the hospital she works in conjunction with had no beds available. I mean...we could doubt everything if we want. I could doubt the list you gave me was accurate. Who constructed the data? Who reported it? Was it thorough? Did you manipulate it afterwards? Do you know the sources that provided it?

After a while you have to just learn to trust some things, do more research, or go live in a bunker.

Jrb1979

At this point it really doesn't matter.
It does cause things can be done to mitigate the impact of Covid-19. You don't have to go into lockdown again but maybe make more restrictions. Close bars, make masks mandatory and fine people who don't comply with social distancing. For some reason no one is interested in putting those measures in place.

legwand77

My wife, who is in the medical field, was reporting the same week that the hospital she works in conjunction with had no beds available. I mean...we could doubt everything if we want. I could doubt the list you gave me was accurate. Who constructed the data? Who reported it? Was it thorough? Did you manipulate it afterwards? Do you know the sources that provided it?

After a while you have to just learn to trust some things, do more research, or go live in a bunker.
Yes, I choose to go with and trust government, hospitals and state medical reporting agencies, that is where all the data and reports I share comes from. I also have anecdotal stories that I do not share because they are just that anecdotal.

Miss Bella

Doesn't the Florida health department have a dashboard for hospital occupancy. I think that would be accurate.

oceanbreeze77

Boyfriend used to be an emt, they had to take heart patients to the hospitals that could take heart patients, even if it was the furthest away. (not all hospitals are equipped for heart attacks/ cardiovascular emergencies.) So if they couldn't find an available bed for this person, I'm not surprised.

VaderTron

Yes, I choose to go with and trust government, hospitals and state medical reporting agencies, that is where all the data and reports I share comes from. I also have anecdotal stories that I do not share because they are just that anecdotal.
What did I dismiss?
If I took the total income of the entire state of Florida and divided it by the number of citizens I guarantee there would be a nice living wage for every person. However, that doesn't mean there isn't a large number of unemployed, underemployed, homeless, and poverty stricken citizens. It's just the opposite. Stats can be used to cover problems just as easily as to identify them.

Jrb1979

Hard core? Not even close. Some areas yes, others not so much.
Here we closed everything but grocery stores, pharmacy, and hospitals for a few months. That was back in March. We are just starting to open indoor dining now. If numbers start going back up our government has no problems going back a stage again.

legwand77

I guess since it was stated the increase of Covid patients is bad, of course it is bad when anyone gets sick, but here is perspective of that increase as it relates to the overall system, 60K is the overall capacity of the Florida hospital system

florida-occupied-hospita.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom