Do you think that Disney world will reclose its gates due to the rising number of COVID cases in Florida and around the country?

havoc315

Yes that is the backlog of deaths that are being added to the daily death data, but there is no proof they are truly covid deaths like you claim. CDC is making the determination. Might be all, might be half, might be a few. Won't know that until the year is over at best.

Yes, there is proof. A peer reviewed scientific study is proof.

You may as well say, "there is no proof of gravity! It's just a theory!!!"

This is how science works.

And yes, we will no much more in retrospect. And many deaths will likely be reclassified based on the evidence.

But here is thing... if From 2000 to 2019, Feb-April "flu/pneumonia deaths" ranged from (example) 12,000 - 18,000, with an average of 15,000 -- And suddenly in 2020, you get suddenly get 30,000 flu/pneumonia deaths in that same period: It's extremely convincing evidence that approximately 15,000 of those deaths are actually under-reported Covid deaths.

But this is for the epidemiologists and statisticians.

DisneyDebRob

No one knows for sure, but given we are seeing consistent 100 plus deaths right now, given the lag time I would not be surprised at 200 a day during the next few weeks.
For the whole country averaging around 1000 deaths per day now. Up 50% from just 2 weeks ago. Cases rising all over, common sense tells you there will be more deaths. Let’s hope with better treatments they don’t go crazy but it will go up.

legwand77

Yes, there is proof. A peer reviewed scientific study is proof.

You may as well say, "there is no proof of gravity! It's just a theory!!!"

This is how science works.

And yes, we will no much more in retrospect. And many deaths will likely be reclassified based on the evidence.

But here is thing... if From 2000 to 2019, Feb-April "flu/pneumonia deaths" ranged from (example) 12,000 - 18,000, with an average of 15,000 -- And suddenly in 2020, you get suddenly get 30,000 flu/pneumonia deaths in that same period: It's extremely convincing evidence that approximately 15,000 of those deaths are actually under-reported Covid deaths.

But this is for the epidemiologists and statisticians.
honestly dont really get what you are going for, I agree like the article says there are excess deaths that have not been determined, the might be all covid , might not , might be in the middle. Nothing new here.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
People really need to stop trying to sweep the stats in Florida under a rug - they are not good, no matter how you paint them.

They are a disaster.

legwand77

People really need to stop trying to sweep the stats in Florida under a rug - they are not good, no matter how you paint them.

I haven't seen anyone try to sweep the stats under the rug

legwand77

I did see they are resuming the Friendship boats on the 29th, that will be much nicer way to get around, probably will not be stopping at the Swan and Dolphin though with the MLS there.

Jrb1979

He’s only laughing, because we still don’t have the 🙄reaction emoji.
I am laughing and enjoying the comedians in this thread. Its not worth my time to comment anymore. I just laugh and shake my head now. Its becoming a disaster in many states and no one wants to take a proactive approach. I'm sorry but thoughts and prayers don't do anything. With that I'm out.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom