Do you think that Disney world will reclose its gates due to the rising number of COVID cases in Florida and around the country?

havoc315

I apologize — didn’t seem you ask for the source. Yes, it’s the Covid Tracking project.

All the evidence supports everything I’ve said. Hospitalizations, nationwide, have almost returned to our April peak.

You choose to ignore facts that are inconvenient to your theory of “nothing to see here” by cherry-picking 1 week in 1 city, etc.

The data is there for all to see. Red flashing lights are blinking in multiple regions. You’re whole, “nothing to see here” becomes harder and harder to countenance.

legwand77

I apologize — didn’t seem you ask for the source. Yes, it’s the Covid Tracking project.

All the evidence supports everything I’ve said. Hospitalizations, nationwide, have almost returned to our April peak.

You choose to ignore facts that are inconvenient to your theory of “nothing to see here” by cherry-picking 1 week in 1 city, etc.

The data is there for all to see. Red flashing lights are blinking in multiple regions. You’re whole, “nothing to see here” becomes harder and harder to countenance.

You did not say that things are at the April peak, that wasn't the point you made.

You stated the hospitalizations in Texas are increasing fast, they are not now and haven't been in the past week 7 day trend , both covid and general. Not ignoring anything. You choose to ignore all the data form the actual hospitals and state dashboards and regional dashboards I have shown and keep hanging on your one graph. That is your choice. Like you said data is obvious.

I also have never said nothing to see here, nor just picked one city, hence the the state and regional reports. Highlighted one city because it is the hotspot and would show the worst case of hospitlizations increasing fast if that was true.

As I stated before lets move, on as I will.

havoc315

You did not say that things are at the April peak, that wasn't the point you made.

You stated the hospitalizations in Texas are increasing fast, they are not now and haven't been in the past week 7 day trend , both covid and general. Not ignoring anything. You choose to ignore all the data form the actual hospitals and state dashboards and regional dashboards I have shown and keep hanging on your one graph. That is your choice. Like you said data is obvious.

I also have never said nothing to see here, nor just picked one city, hence the the state and regional reports. Highlighted one city because it is the hotspot and would show the worst case of hospitlizations increasing fast if that was true.

As I stated before lets move, on as I will.

??????

You are cherry-picking 1 week here, 1 city there.

Here are the facts:

Florida -- 31% increase in hospitalizations in just the last 6 days!!!! Yes -- that's SKY ROCKETING
Texas -- 51% increase in hospitalizations thus far, in July -- so 51% in just 16 days. That's SKY ROCKETING. Yes, it has been slightly flatter for the last 4-5 days. Whether that's just noise, or a real flattening, we don't know. We do know, it's not a level you want to be flat at -- Over 10,000 Covid hospitalizations.

So yes, 31% in the last week is SKY ROCKETING. 51% in the last 16 days -- that's SKY ROCKETING.

legwand77

And about that death data, dying with Covid. Just shows the amount of errors that occur with that much data.

best quote

"But you could actually argue that it could have been the COVID-19 that caused him to crash. I don’t know the conclusion of that one.”

danlb_2000

Premium Member
And about that death data, dying with Covid. Just shows the amount of errors that occur with that much data.

best quote

"But you could actually argue that it could have been the COVID-19 that caused him to crash. I don’t know the conclusion of that one.”

Can you point to a source that shows that there has been wide spread, systematic, mis-reporting of COVID-related deaths? There are always going to be data errors, the question is, are there enough errors to change our conclusions on the severity of the virus?

Hasn’t it been discovered that Covid-19 can cause severe issues with the cardiovascular system and blood clots? Did the autopsy note any indications of a heart attack or stroke? Those are both medical events that can cause people to crash a vehicle, and both can be attributed to Covid-19, particularly in younger patients. If that were the case, then I can see it being justly classified as a death due to the virus.

havoc315

Can you point to a source that shows that there has been wide spread, systematic, mis-reporting of COVID-related deaths? There are always going to be data errors, the question is, are there enough errors to change our conclusions on the severity of the virus?

We know, that there has been large scale under-reporting of deaths.
Certainly, data collection is never perfect. You get false-positives AND false-negatives.
There will be some deaths reported as Covid, that really aren't truly Covid. It's likely a very very small number.
There will be some deaths that aren't reported as Covid, that truly were Covid -- This is likely a very very large number.

But some people like to seize on isolated incidents as proof of some major conspiracy.

Nmoody1

It's true that people don't need to ride Space Mountain. They don't need to eat in restaurants, stay in hotels, or to travel.

Except for the people whose jobs rely on theme parks, restaurants, hotels, and the travel industry. That's roughly 25MM of the 155MM jobs in the U.S. (about 16%). And, of course, the people employed in those industries spend money on everything else in the economy, like food, services, electronics, cars, and homes.

I think the vast majority of people's "Plan A" would've been to stay at home until we developed a vaccine. The U.S. doesn't have social programs to accomplish that. So a substantial part of the U.S. economy needed a Plan B.

Plan B The U.S. implemented additional unemployment insurance. That ends in 16 days and hasn't been extended. But let's assume that every person who needed it, got it, it all worked perfectly, and it was enough to cover everyone's expenses.

Employers got up to 2.5 months of payroll expenses through the Paycheck Protection Program (PPP). Let's say that all of that worked perfectly too, that companies didn't have other expenses besides payroll, and that everyone who needed the PPP, got it. Assuming that started in April, that would've lasted until mid-June. Emergency (EIDL) loans are available for up to $150K. Let's say that gets 2.5 months too, through the end of August, and that EIDL worked perfectly.

Plan C Thus, at the end of July (workers) or August (companies), lots of people need a Plan C. Let's assume that Plan C is that everyone perfectly followed what financial advisors said, and had 3 to 6 months of emergency money sitting around. That gets us to November to January.

Plan D Assuming everything went exactly to plan at every step along the way, workers and companies will run out of their own emergency savings and all existing government assistance programs starting in a little over 100 days from now.

The economy will not be fixed 100 days from now.

It's worth pointing out that 46 U.S. states plus the District of Columbia have laws that mandate balanced budgets - they can't run deficits, even if they wanted to implement their own emergency social programs. (They could change those laws, of course. As far as I can tell, no state is considering doing so.)

If you're trying to plan ahead, then, the two most likely options for Plan D are "hope the federal government helps" or "figure it out for yourself."

Again, the right thing to do would be for everyone to re-isolate until a vaccine is available. To do that without destroying the lives and livelihoods of 1/6th of the U.S. economy for the next decade, the federal government would need to indicate now that it's going to do whatever it takes to support the economy.

The federal government isn't doing that.

That's why businesses like theme parks are re-opening.

As usual, I could be wrong.

I agree. And the same is starting to happen in other markets with governments insisting on a return to normal - of course they almost all insist thier health care system cant deal with a 2nd wave in the winter months.

Sadly for the the people who work in theme parks, they are being subjected to this virus - which also isn't fair.

Unfortunately there is no right or wrong response - because this is all so unprecedented

ToTBellHop

I agree. And the same is starting to happen in other markets with governments insisting on a return to normal - of course they almost all insist thier health care system cant deal with a 2nd wave in the winter months.

Sadly for the the people who work in theme parks, they are being subjected to this virus - which also isn't fair.

Unfortunately there is no right or wrong response - because this is all so unprecedented
I saw on Facebook that Disneyland closed for 18 months during the 1918-20 Flu Epidemic and the world continued spinning. Facebook comments sections back then were AWFUL. And all Woodrow Wilson has to tweet was “Sad.”

legwand77

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom