Do you think that Disney world will reclose its gates due to the rising number of COVID cases in Florida and around the country?

chrisvee

Premium Member
Did I just see the new goal posts? 5 million a day? Doesn’t matter? Just checking because everyday it’s something new.
apparently there are no number of cases in FL that warrant closing Disney, it’s all about Disney’s preparedness

and apparently it’s also impossible to ever prove any cases are caused by a Disney visit anyway

and even if we could prove that, why are you so cruel taking food off the table of the workers?

DVCakaCarlF

I would have thought this was crazy except I was talking with a friend today. Her aunt was exhibiting flu like symptoms last weekend and went to the ED. She was told there would be an approx. 30 minute wait until she would be seen. After three hours waiting she went home. She received a letter yesterday from the hospital stating she had tested positive for COVID. (Central Florida). SMH...
And people think I’m an idiot...

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Uh, no.
There is absolutely no proof that people who didn’t get tests were then told they tested positive.

It’s part of a larger conspiracy narrative to discredit the very real rise in COVID-19 cases. You should be absolutely called out and shamed for spreading that kind of harmful garbage.
Lol. Him spreading conspiracy? Nah.

DisneyCane

Not really errors per se but the way the data is presented. While the positive results were accurate, dumping them all on one day to create a "all time world record" number of cases in a day does not present an accurate picture and leads to panic/scaremongering news headlines.

DisneyCane

Uh, no.
There is absolutely no proof that people who didn’t get tests were then told they tested positive.

It’s part of a larger conspiracy narrative to discredit the very real rise in COVID-19 cases. You should be absolutely called out and shamed for spreading that kind of harmful garbage.

There is a rise in "cases" for sure. It isn't really known how much the rise in infections actually is. It is definitely higher but how much higher isn't really known because the asymptomatic cases weren't being tested at all back in April and May.

There is also some false positive percentage to consider. When somebody tests positive, there is no additional test to confirm the result.

My opinion is that they should go back to only testing people with symptoms. After that, test asymptomatic people where it really matters like nursing home staff (as they are doing).

Then, they should use the remaining test capacity to do true random sample testing in every county with statistically significant sample sizes each week. Those studies could be used to accurately track the infection trends.

Testing asymptomatic people that just decide to get tested doesn't really provide any value. They could have been infected two weeks before and there is a delay for the result. By the time they know to isolate there could be no reason to isolate anymore.

Touchdown

My opinion is that they should go back to only testing people with symptoms. After that, test asymptomatic people where it really matters like nursing home staff (as they are doing).

No, we need to test every person that will be admitted to a nursing home/rehab so that we don’t introduce Covid into those places; we also need to test anyone about to have a surgical procedure to protect healthcare workers and preserve PPE. Throughout the country these are the vast majority of asymptomatic (w/o clear exposure) people being tested.

Disstevefan1

Not really errors per se but the way the data is presented. While the positive results were accurate, dumping them all on one day to create a "all time world record" number of cases in a day does not present an accurate picture and leads to panic/scaremongering news headlines.

This is for sure an error, and you put it perfectly, "dumping them all on one day to create a "all time world record" number of cases in a day does not present an accurate picture and leads to panic/scaremongering news headlines."

All of us want to use the data presented to us to daily see how we are doing over time! Errors like this makes that impossible.

Miss Bella

No, we need to test every person that will be admitted to a nursing home/rehab so that we don’t introduce Covid into those places; we also need to test anyone about to have a surgical procedure to protect healthcare workers and preserve PPE. Throughout the country these are the vast majority of asymptomatic (w/o clear exposure) people being tested.
We already do both of those.

beertiki

We can discuss all day if the numbers are real, fake, or have a margin of error. I can only speak for my area of Florida, the Keys. What is real, is restaurants making posts on Facebook saying that an employee has tested positive and they will be closing for cleaning and testing. There have been a lot of them, so many that it's not surprising anymore.

I used to think that Disney would close when the state closed all restaurants. My guess was this week or next. It's looking like that is not going to happen any time soon. Now my guess is, Disney is going to stay open until there is an outbreak among CMs.

Many times Florida and Florida Man have been portrayed as a joke or stupid. People shake their heads and laugh at us. If things continue the way they are, there will not be any laughing at Florida, it will be pity.

robhedin

Where are you getting this number. All media sources are saying otherwise.
Where is your source.........
When there's a question, go to the source: https://bi.ahca.myflorida.com/t/ABICC/views/Public/HospitalBedsCounty

As of 10:45 today-
13,000 Beds available
1,004 ICU beds available
Miami-Dade and Orange Counties have 14-20% ICU Capacity available.
There are some hospitals at ICU Capacity, but on a quick glance, it looks like they are primarily smaller hospitals
Currently there are 8,763 hospitalizations with a primary diagnosis of COVID, most in South Florida.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom