Do you think that Disney world will reclose its gates due to the rising number of COVID cases in Florida and around the country?

legwand77

Florida. 15,299 new cases - Most by ANY STATE ANY DAY, thousands more than NY at its peak. Really bad news.

Leaving off the news of the record number of tests ever run/reported (143000 reported) and positivity rate has continued to drop, and deaths dropped as well. Florida numbers overall are better than they have been all week. Positivity is the lowest it has been in over tow weeks, again trending down.

Just a few days ago people here were say when is the positivity going down! , well it looks like it is.

Communicora

Premium Member
Deaths are a lagging indicator. Peak positives now will sadly mean a high numbers of deaths later. People should not be traveling to Florida to visit theme parks right now.

Shouldigo12

Leaving off the news of the record number of tests ever run/reported and positivity rate has continued to drop, and deaths dropped as well.

But please, keep telling us how the deaths are declining.

lazyboy97o

If they opened as if nothing happened, I would agree that would have been unwise or even reckless. But they didn't open as if nothing happened.

Wan't the POINT of all the theme parks spending tons of money on social distancing stickers, temperature scanners, acrylic barriers, hand sanitizer; adding capacity limits, mask regulations, re-configuring restaurants, enhanced sanitation procedures etc, etc to operate as safely as possible in a COVID world? To prevent the guests/cast from giving it to each other? The surge in FL is from places and people not following the guidelines and procedures, but the theme parks are.

So I don't understand the debate. Who cares what's going on outside of the properties in the context of if they should be open or not. The whole point of these guidelines and procedures is to prevent people who unknowingly have it from coming in a spreading it around inside their bubbles. With the amount of money at stake, I can't see any of the parks not sticking to the guidelines the best they possibly can.

Just my two one-hundredths of a dollar.
None of these measures are safe. They mitigate risk but do not eliminate it. Getting more and more people interacting is more and more testing of the measures, more opportunities for failure.

legwand77

A significant of those were back dated, data dumps, around 3000 of the 6000 deaths reported nationwide last week happened before May 2. probably from probable Covid cases that were determined with the classification change earlier this month.

Deaths in Florida reported today were 45 half of yesterday. I don think we will see an slight increase but nothing matching the cases numbers rise.

Jedi Stitch

The mortality rate is what counts, otherwise, every cold would warrant a news flash. Right now, its at 4%

View attachment 483092United States
Confirmed
3.29M
+62,653
Recovered
Deaths
I can attest that my brother in law did not die of COVID-19, but the County ME was being pushed by the State and County to mark as a COVID-19 death. Especially toward the beginning. Since each COVID death was additional federal funding against it. I can not take any number's at face value. Will accept that one death is one to many when you put that number to a family, and that the COVID-19 death toll is high, but not as high as shown.

themarchhare

What is your basis for that statement? That there were 15000 positives when 143000 tests were run?

There were more positive cases in ONE DAY in Florida than South Korea's all-time cases. This isn't okay in any way, shape, or form and attempting to normalizing it is borderline negligent.

The mortality rate is what counts, otherwise, every cold would warrant a news flash. Right now, its at 4%

View attachment 483092United States
Confirmed
3.29M
+62,653
Recovered
Deaths
This is inherently incorrect - tens of thousands of people are STILL SICK with the disease 3 months later. And we STILL don't know to what extent the virus damages internal organs. The mortality rate is NOT the only number that counts with a disease that has so many severe symptoms.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jedi Stitch

They're working against their own interests and extending the pandemic by pretending it's not real. They're killing people. Its unreal.

Want disney to stay open? Accept that covid is real and not getting better, then work together to help slow the spread.
I don't think everyone believes that the pandemic is not real. I have read too many facebook posts to say not everyone believes that. I very much believe that precaution's should be taken, but at what level, and what gear? Even Bill Nye has proven not all masks are equal. I agree even a flimsy mask is better than no mask, but wearing a non-proper mask is just a placebo. If I had the money to go to the parks right now, I would be masked up and I would want everyone else masked up. I would keep plenty of sani wipes and purel. I would prefer better mask guide lines, knowing that not all masks are equal, and everyone's face cover etiquette in the park can be unpredictable.

Heppenheimer

Dude, stop it.

There were more positive cases in ONE DAY in Florida than South Korea's all-time cases. This isn't okay in any way, shape, or form and attempting to normalizing it is borderline negligent.
To put things in perspective, South Korea, population 51.7 million, density 507 people/square km, 13, 417 total COVID-19 cases since the pandemic began, 45 new cases for the last day's data I could find (8 July).

Florida, population 21.5 million, density 121/square km. 255K total COVID-19 cases, 10,360 new cases logged yesterday.

Tell me what the "good news" is about Florida again?

DisneyDebRob

It’s bad in the states right now. You can hide your head in the sand and ignore it, or come out and say it’s bad and become a negative person on here. I prefer the truth, and right now, with possibly more lock downs coming, at least being reviewed and a few governors saying it’s the next step, we are in for a long haul.

Last edited:

schuelma

A quick month to month and a half of his posts, you will see how the point has changed. As one point becomes so obvious that a blind man can see it slowly moves to another.
It’s bad in the states right now. You can hide your head in the sane and ignore it, or come out and say it’s bad and become a negative person on here. I prefer the truth, and right now, with possibly more lock downs coming, at least being reviewed and a few governors saying it’s the next step, we are in for a long haul.

Wait until next month when we're seeing 1k deaths a day consistently, football being cancelled, and schools not being able to reopen.

I cannot even fathom what the spin will be then.

Last edited by a moderator:

themarchhare

To put things in perspective, South Korea, population 51.7 million, density 507 people/square km, 13, 417 total COVID-19 cases since the pandemic began, 45 new cases for the last day's data I could find (8 July).

Florida, population 21.5 million, density 121/square km. 255K total COVID-19 cases, 10,360 new cases logged yesterday.

Tell me what the "good news" is about Florida again?

Tired of all of the WINNING!

YodaMan

If they opened as if nothing happened, I would agree that would have been unwise or even reckless. But they didn't open as if nothing happened.

Wan't the POINT of all the theme parks spending tons of money on social distancing stickers, temperature scanners, acrylic barriers, hand sanitizer; adding capacity limits, mask regulations, re-configuring restaurants, enhanced sanitation procedures etc, etc to operate as safely as possible in a COVID world? To prevent the guests/cast from giving it to each other? The surge in FL is from places and people not following the guidelines and procedures, but the theme parks are.

So I don't understand the debate. Who cares what's going on outside of the properties in the context of if they should be open or not. The whole point of these guidelines and procedures is to prevent people who unknowingly have it from coming in a spreading it around inside their bubbles. With the amount of money at stake, I can't see any of the parks not sticking to the guidelines the best they possibly can.

Just my two one-hundredths of a dollar.

Of course what’s going on outside of property matters. When you come to Disney and trip and break a bone and no hospital in Florida can accommodate you, let me know how you’re feeling.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom