Do you think that Disney world will reclose its gates due to the rising number of COVID cases in Florida and around the country?

DisneyDebRob

Forgive us, but it's hard to keep up with this circular logic. Percentage is fully 50% based on number of tests.
Also, wasn't it like two weeks ago that yall were yelling that positive percentage was the end all be all and that we were idiots for being concerned about 5k cases?
Didn’t you get the memo? Goal posts were moved again. This is the new talking point until that goes away and they will be moved again.

Jrb1979

Forgive us, but it's hard to keep up with this circular logic. Percentage is fully 50% based on number of tests.
Also, wasn't it like two weeks ago that yall were yelling that positive percentage was the end all be all and that we were idiots for being concerned about 5k cases?
The goal is to always look for whatever number makes the virus not seem as bad 🙄.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
The goal is to always look for whatever number makes the virus not seem as bad 🙄.

The mortality rate is what counts, otherwise, every cold would warrant a news flash. Right now, its at 4%

United States
United States
Confirmed
3.29M
+62,653
Recovered
Deaths

bdearl41

None of the data is accurate so proclaiming to know exactly what is going on will be a complete guess. Some Covid deaths were not Covid deaths. Some others were. Some tests are people having it again or retaining a dead virus for weeks after recovery. Point is the decisions of opening and closing are all best guesses. I would be surprised if wdw closes again, unless mandated.

rreading

The truth is that more people are dying than usual which is scary and sells lots of news articles. I didn’t find one about how Sweden’s number of deaths has been dropping significantly nor that Sweden has started severe austerity measures. which suggests that their plan is working.
That being said, there were a lot of deaths in Sweden. Hard to say which plan was better but the latest numbers look like they’re truly over the hump

If they opened as if nothing happened, I would agree that would have been unwise or even reckless. But they didn't open as if nothing happened.

Wan't the POINT of all the theme parks spending tons of money on social distancing stickers, temperature scanners, acrylic barriers, hand sanitizer; adding capacity limits, mask regulations, re-configuring restaurants, enhanced sanitation procedures etc, etc to operate as safely as possible in a COVID world? To prevent the guests/cast from giving it to each other? The surge in FL is from places and people not following the guidelines and procedures, but the theme parks are.

So I don't understand the debate. Who cares what's going on outside of the properties in the context of if they should be open or not. The whole point of these guidelines and procedures is to prevent people who unknowingly have it from coming in a spreading it around inside their bubbles. With the amount of money at stake, I can't see any of the parks not sticking to the guidelines the best they possibly can.

Just my two one-hundredths of a dollar.

disneygeek90

I wonder how resort bookings are looking for the next few months. I wouldn’t be surprised to see them close or not reopen planned resorts if there’s no one booking. It doesn’t look like Florida’s numbers are going to slow down anytime soon.

legwand77

Huge amount of test runs
The truth is that more people are dying than usual which is scary and sells lots of news articles. I didn’t find one about how Sweden’s number of deaths has been dropping significantly nor that Sweden has started severe austerity measures. which suggests that their plan is working.
That being said, there were a lot of deaths in Sweden. Hard to say which plan was better but the latest numbers look like they’re truly over the hump
we will really know when the all cause deaths over the year are calculated

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom