Do you think that Disney world will reclose its gates due to the rising number of COVID cases in Florida and around the country?

kong1802

Remember, he’s an expert. So much so that actually he predicted that when WDW reopens people would have to socially distance from others and wear masks. Beat that!!!

Just hope he doesn't abandon all the threads where the rumors are proven false....

J/K it's kind of funnier that way..

ToTBellHop

As long as they enforce the rules they announced then all should be good. I truly hope they do otherwise things can get ugly.
Absolutely. And the optics would be horrendous. The public expectation is both magic and safety. I think they have a reasonable game plan, but WDW visitors can be rather entitled.

InnKpr

So is Team "I am an insider and if you don't believe me then I will scream and shout". ;) Get a winning record on your predictions and then maybe people won't think you're a fraud. 👍

And funny how NO ONE "trolls" marni. Wanna know why?? It's because he has proven himself without having to scream "I am an insider" like you do.
No need to "troll" anyone, despite credibility or whether or not you agree with them.
3. Be courteous and respect your fellow members. To be clear, personal attacks, aggressive messages, and passive-aggressive behavior is unacceptable. If you take particular issue with another user and are unable to reply in a civilised and constructive way to their posts, you should ignore the user.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
Remember all the issues they had with banning “naughty fun time” on all the defunct, long, languid EPCOT dark rides causing the gonorrhea epidemic to go unchecked? There’s a lesson there. Follow the rules if you don’t want to have the whole WDW experience changed. I’m guessing they may resort to epoxying Bane style masks to guests (pending the whole DC south of the New Madrid fault ruling). Anyway, opening will be pushed back 60 hours (less guests) for the installation of “several” new hand sanitizer stations around Pirates and Imagination.

InnKpr

You are correct! Liars always get the best of me and so it's time for me and all my other accounts on here ;) to move on and let him do his thing.

Let's try this one more time:
wdwmagic said:
3. Be courteous and respect your fellow members. To be clear, personal attacks, aggressive messages, and passive-aggressive behavior is unacceptable. If you take particular issue with another user and are unable to reply in a civilised and constructive way to their posts, you should ignore the user.

durangojim

Unfortunately, unlike Europe, I think that these types of increases are inevitable given the lack of education/responsibility/selflessness of certain populations in the US. I’m in Michigan, which has done one of the best, if not the best jobs at flattening the curve, but even here we’re seeing an uptick in cases due to relaxed restrictions. At this point, short of putting many states in a stay at home order, the best we can do is exactly what Disney is requiring. Even keeping people secluded is kicking the can down the road. All of us in medicine expected more spikes but now we’re better prepared. I have no issue with Disney opening and also appreciate the people who are too scared to go. I also have no ill will to those who will be going as long as they follow the rules and are considerate to their fellow travelers.

Last edited:

ToTBellHop

Unfortunately, unlike Europe, I think that these types of increases are inevitable given the lack of education/responsibility/selflessness of certain populations in the US. I’m in Michigan, which has done one of the best, if not the best jobs at flattening the curve, but even here we’re seeing an uptick in cases due to relaxed restrictions. At this point, short of putting many states in a stay at home order, the best we can do is exactly what Disney is requiring. Even keeping people secluded is kicking the can down the road. All of us in medicine expected more spikes but now we’re better prepared. I have no issue with Disney opening and also appreciate the people who are too scared to go. I also have no ill will to those who will be going as long as they follow the rules and are considerate to their fellow travelers.
I am reporting this triggering post for being far too reasonable.

Here in CT, we’ve done the best job in the country at controlling this and are still being told to stay out of FL lol...

havoc315

As someone who has many family members who are drs. As well as those who work in positions in government who receive information on a continual basis I assure you this has been a matter of discussion and suspicion for a while now. Reports of people having strokes and heart attacks after "recovery" started surfacing a couple months ago. The fact that this attacks and thickens the blood is a serious issue and its causing prolonged illness and death after a patient is deemed "recovered". We are still trying to wrap our heads around this..and find treatment of this... which leads back to the importance of delaying reopenings within the magnitude of Disney World right now until we have a better grasp on and idea of exactly what were dealing with.

Not to mention, many Covid-at-home deaths are still be listed as pneumonia, flu, etc.

We won’t ever get an accurate count until it’s all over. Won’t ever get an exact count. But the best estimate will involve some detailed data analysis.

WDW Pro

You have a regrettable view of your neighbors and fellow citizens. The reality is the virus is going to spread, was always going to spread, and all you can do is delay it at great economic cost. The US is still doing exceedingly well in deaths per million, and that's even with the northeast having killed 1/6 nursing home patients through sheer idiocy.

Lilofan

You have a regrettable view of your neighbors and fellow citizens. The reality is the virus is going to spread, was always going to spread, and all you can do is delay it at great economic cost. The US is still doing exceedingly well in deaths per million, and that's even with the northeast having killed 1/6 nursing home patients through sheer idiocy.
That's a slap in the face to the hard working staff that work in nursing homes. Some of them are my relatives who are RNs who risk their lives everyday they go to work. Your opinion is a very sad view of the ones in those situations.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom