Do you think that Disney world will reclose its gates due to the rising number of COVID cases in Florida and around the country?

mwf5555

I ultimately blame the entitled Americans who won't wear a mask. Wear a mask. It's not that hard.

It's so frustrating to see videos on social media of people causing a scene at Trader Joe's, Costco, Whole Foods, Walmart and Target etc. cause they don't wanna wear a mask. People choose to embarrass themselves rather than protect themselves.

No, I want Disney World to push through opening. Universal, Sea World, Lego Land and Busch Gardens as well as water parks are open. Disney is no exception. If you close one, close all theme parks then.
do you always put people in a box? doesn't help you with any credibility...

mwf5555

Disney will absolutely delay their reopening in Orlando in the next week. It is very inconvenient for a lot of people. People consider it a need for happiness and emotional support. Many plan their years around their trips and having it unavailable makes them angry.

'Danger' as a precautionary thing becomes way more subjective when it separates you from something you determine to be a 'Need'. Disney will need to help people help themselves in this circumstance.
is this opinion or inside info?

tissandtully

well, if the passholder preview still going on is any indication, it doesn't look like it.

And I don't think they should delay it, only because WDW is taking every precaution and is able to maintain capacity to safe levels. They just need to continue to enforce mask policies, probably more than they have at Disney Springs, which I think will happen. They are recognizing the virus is gonna be around for the long haul, so, we just all need to be prepared and do our part.

mickeymiss

well, if the passholder preview still going on is any indication, it doesn't look like it.

And I don't think they should delay it, only because WDW is taking every precaution and is able to maintain capacity to safe levels. They just need to continue to enforce mask policies, probably more than they have at Disney Springs, which I think will happen. They are recognizing the virus is gonna be around for the long haul, so, we just all need to be prepared and do our part.

I agree that the parks will be more strict about masks than DS. People have invested their money and faith into the park experience. DS is an outdoor shopping mall and the risks don’t vary that much from any shopping experience. Less time spent there and less immersive.

tissandtully

I agree that the parks will be more strict about masks than DS. People have invested their money and faith into the experience. DS is an outdoor shopping mall and the risks don’t vary that much from any shopping experience. Less time spent there and less immersive.
Also think the reservation system has kept those out that don't want to follow the rules. Lots of locals just showing up to DS with no intention of following rules.

mickeymiss

Not saying they will abort, but everything that has been reserved/booked can very easily be cancelled. They have to carry on as if they are going to open, but don't think that things like park reservations and AP previews guarantee anything.
They may very well close but it will be such a mess for them to deal with either way. It will be a shame to me personally because I had a lot of faith in their plans. I have severe anxiety too.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
They may very well close but it will be such a mess for them to deal with either way. It will be a shame to me personally because I had a lot of faith in their plans. I have severe anxiety too.
I think compared to what they have dealt with over the past few months it would be nothing. Disney's plan is solid, but it may get to a point where it is out of their hands.

Disstevefan1

More evidence WDW is full steam ahead and will be opening:

Guests with Cancelled Walt Disney World Experience Reservations Can Rebook Limited Experiences Starting June 30

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
More evidence WDW is full steam ahead and will be opening:

Guests with Cancelled Walt Disney World Experience Reservations Can Rebook Limited Experiences Starting June 30
They are preparing for opening with the intention of opening, so they have to do everything as planned. However, they can pull back if needed, or required.

mickeymiss

I don't know if it's going to matter how ultra safe many of us think Disney will be or how much they have already invested into this transition period. The media is putting pressure on them and that's usually the prelude to the end. Polls have begun surfacing that slant slightly towards people thinking they should close. We are booked for August and spent 36 hours on the park reservation system process. We acknowledge that these vacations are a privilege but there are simply no words for how much we desperately needed this one. Not going to lie. Morale has been low low and so many stressful days even before covid. This was really really meaningful to us.

I say none of this to minimize the health situation but I really did feel confident about their safety plan for whatever that is worth. More confident than most things in my own far less affected area. I just sincerely hope that the decision is based on good faith assessments. Universal seemed to be doing well. It doesn't sound like experts are shooting for more lockdowns so how much do we want to disrupt if this virus isnt going anywhere? Closing again now will make it hard to open anytime because case rates will never be predictable.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom