Do you think that Disney world will reclose its gates due to the rising number of COVID cases in Florida and around the country?

DisneyCane

Yet. But there is concrete evidence of super spread within a restaurant in South Korea and the HVAC system played a big role in that spread. New research from Harvard suggests AC is problematic for spread of COVID in confined spaces.

Also, I will continue to point out that capacity cuts for indoor spaces might create more room for distancing but are primarily designed to limit the outbreak. There is room for optimism that being outdoors, masked ideally but certainly distanced, is safe-ish.
Was the super spreader in South Korea through the A/C asymptomatic? I'm not being a smart Alec (term from a generation before me). I'm genuinely curious.

Regardless, the stats in Florida don't indicate there was any issue with dining rooms.

DisneyCane

GoofGoof

Premium Member
So, some percentage of restaurants violated rules and the solution is to shut them all down instead of punishing the violators?
I 100% agree. They should first have a real pause on bars selling alcohol then suspend liquor licenses for anyone who violates. Start with a fine and warning, then 30 day suspension, then a year. A year is a death sentence. Even 30 days is pretty toxic for a bar. They would get near full compliance.

The bar ban is pretty easy to implement. No seating at the actual bar and no standing room. All patrons must be seated at their table to eat and drink and only while seated can you remove your mask. If you get up to go to the bathroom or enter/leave you wear the mask. All tables are distanced 6 feet apart. This allows real restaurants to still sell alcohol and people to enjoy a meal or a few drinks and even allows for some music or entertainment but avoids the obvious problems of crowds and no social distancing.

DisneyCane

Society cant keep running from this. Businesses cant survive being closed long term. Sooner than later we as a people need to learn to live with this.
If I could bet on it, I'd bet that no matter what Florida does or doesn't do the spike will start to subside in 3-4 weeks like it has in every place in the world that had a significant spike.

mgf

Heppenheimer

In Canada. Don't know for sure about every state but Florida law explicitly requires a reasonable assumption that a person has been exposed in order to quarantine them.
I'm not sure of the exact laws in each state, but the New England states plus New York have mutual agreements on quarantine requirements. If you visit Vermont and you did not originate your travel from one of the counties that has a waiver , you can be fined for violating the mandatory quarantine.

legwand77

If I could bet on it, I'd bet that no matter what Florida does or doesn't do the spike will start to subside in 3-4 weeks like it has in every place in the world that had a significant spike.
I agree, but Florida is a bit different ;) so says the often reported "Florida Man..."

disneygeek90

anythings possible these days. If anything they could use cast days as a test run.
A test run with CM's should go incredibly well. Not sure how it would even be determined that something drastic would need to be done (i.e. not open). If anything, they'll maybe find a few spots or areas where markers need to be moved or lines adjusted. Universal is still making seemingly daily changes to some aspects of their queue lines.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom