Do you think that Disney world will reclose its gates due to the rising number of COVID cases in Florida and around the country?

Sundown

It is true that there are multiple components to the CDC's determination of the epidemic label it appears, and the article focused on one. I wish the article had included those other points.

Last edited by a moderator:

Miss Bella

What Difference does it it make if the website is right or left. The articles either correct or it isn’t.

Last edited by a moderator:

LittleBuford

What Difference does it it make if the website is right or left. The articles either correct or it isn’t.

Here is the information directly from the CDC's own website:

"Nationally, levels of influenza-like illness (ILI) and COVID-19-like illness (CLI) activity remain lower than peaks seen in March and April but are increasing in most regions. The percentage of specimens testing positive for SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, also increased from last week. Mortality attributed to COVID-19 decreased compared to last week and is currently at the epidemic threshold but will likely increase as additional death certificates are processed."

TrojanUSC

You realize that antigen tests are a type of COVID test, right? Both antigen and active infection results get tallied in cumulative cases. Again, it gets boring swatting down flawed, angry responses that fail to understand science.

No, nearly everywhere breaks out antibody tests from the current infection tests. Saying that COVID tests can be positive due to the flu makes it sound like infections could be spiking because a lot of people have colds, which just is not true.

The Mom

Premium Member
Please stop arguing and politicizing this. The next poster to do so will have posting privileges suspended. As will the next one, and so on.

Last edited:

Miss Bella

Im not a huge fan of the mask, but if it lets me get in the gates, and ride the rides, and eat the food, I'm all for it. We just ordered like 20 new cute Disney masks for everyone for August. Starting to train wearing them outside in the heat, now that our zoo is open again.
I’m not a fan of the mask either, but I’m a rule follower by nature. Where did you get the Disney masks?
I had no trouble getting dining reservations that week. I hope it went well for you. It was nice of Disney to open it up to just those of us with cancelled plans.
Oh by the way did you tell the little ones about your awesome upgrade or are you keeping it a surprise.

TeriofTerror

I’m not a fan of the mask either, but I’m a rule follower by nature. Where did you get the Disney masks?
I had no trouble getting dining reservations that week. I hope it went well for you. It was nice of Disney to open it up to just those of us with cancelled plans.
Oh by the way did you tell the little ones about your awesome upgrade or are you keeping it a surprise.
Redbubble has literally hundreds of great ones. I bought far too many.

lilypgirl

SA fishing has great ones!!

Mainahman

My wife found them on Etsy. Ordered from like 5 different sellers. 2 more deliveries tomorrow. We were able to get Sanaa, sci fi , and yak and yeti no problem. The upgrade is a secret. They know we got upgraded, just not to where. I want to see that joy when they come around a corner and see Giraffes

Miss Bella

My wife found them on Etsy. Ordered from like 5 different sellers. 2 more deliveries tomorrow. We were able to get Sanaa, sci fi , and yak and yeti no problem. The upgrade is a secret. They know we got upgraded, just not to where. I want to see that joy when they come around a corner and see Giraffes
I usually don't do table service at lunch, but I did quite a few this time. I'm not sure I'll keep them all, but I thought it would be a good break from the heat and the mask. This trip is going to be so different I'm not sure how to manage our time. I'm going to try to make it to rope drop each day. Not the easiest task with a teen.

We have three days at Universal before Disney that should be relaxing with the express passes.

Mainahman

I usually don't do table service at lunch, but I did quite a few this time. I'm not sure I'll keep them all, but I thought it would be a good break from the heat and the mask. This trip is going to be so different I'm not sure how to manage our time. I'm going to try to make it to rope drop each day. Not the easiest task with a teen.

We have three days at Universal before Disney that should be relaxing with the express passes.
These 2 are so excited. I think the only sleep they will get will be from exhaustion. I made Sanaa for arrival day, as we dont do parks that day. AK day, is yak and yeti for my wife, and DHS day is Sci do for my nephew. We always manage to get there for rope drop, although will probably drive to the parks this go round, as Disney's transportation isn't fast on a good day, and If I'm going to be around other smelly people, I rather be related to them! I'm actually looking forward to a less planned trip!

Miss Bella

These 2 are so excited. I think the only sleep they will get will be from exhaustion. I made Sanaa for arrival day, as we dont do parks that day. AK day, is yak and yeti for my wife, and DHS day is Sci do for my nephew. We always manage to get there for rope drop, although will probably drive to the parks this go round, as Disney's transportation isn't fast on a good day, and If I'm going to be around other smelly people, I rather be related to them! I'm actually looking forward to a less planned trip!
I'm still debating the rental car thing. We always rented a car before the parking fees. I checked out all the mask sites. I never thought I'd be shopping for masks before a Disney trip....but here we are.

Mainahman

I'm still debating the rental car thing. We always rented a car before the parking fees. I checked out all the mask sites. I never thought I'd be shopping for masks before a Disney trip....but here we are.
Me either, but alas here we are! 150 bucks later, we're ready for a week at the parks. We're drivers. We're about 11 hours from the gates, so it's nothing to drive down through Alabama and Florida. Usually we just park the car however we're going to drive to parks this round.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom