Do you think I could pass for a face character?

MinnieKat24

Original Poster
My brother has already worked for Disney on the college program and he loved it, he and I both LOVE Disney and I would like to go with him when he goes back to work there again... My dream is to be a face character, such as a princess or something of the sort, but anything having to do with entertaining people with my acting skills and love for children would be amazing... Does anyone think I could pass for one of the face characters?? If so, who do you think I would pass as? Here's a few pictures, 2 of which were actually taken from my recent visit to Disney. Be honest! I'm just curious :eek:

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b328/katemichelle06/theredbaroness.jpg
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b328/katemichelle06/serviceelevatorcut.jpg
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b328/katemichelle06/minniemeCUT.jpg

Thanks! -Kat

MouseMadness

Not that I know anything, but I definitely see Belle....maybe some others?

Definitely... and I can see Ariel, with the proper "enhancements". (Wig and contacts, that is. the last time I saw Ariel, her eyes were a shade of aquamarine that I have never seen before :lol: )

You are pretty enough to play any of them, Kat, and I wish you luck. :wave:

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
I'm not sure they try that hard to 'match' facial features rigorously to the animated characters [or if they do, I've seen some very unrealistic matches on occasion in the parks]. I think they look more for attractive young ladies with out-going personalities to play the various face characters and the wigs and makeup do the rest.

If I'm right, by the looks of your pictures, you'd easily fit in as any of the Princesses. You are a very beautiful young lady and appear to have a friendly disposition. The only real way to find out is to apply and see what you can get. Even if they don't start you off as a face character, you could try to transfer over once you're working there. Good luck!

And if that doesn't work out for you, you can always come up to Ottawa and be my Princess... :lookaroun

[Sorry, I'm a Dirty Old Man - can't help myself! :lol:]

Nemo14

I saw Mary Poppins too! You are indeed very pretty and probably could be any of the princesses. Good luck!:)

maelstrom

I definitely see Belle, Ariel, Mary Poppins, and Wendy. You're very pretty and you look very friendly/outgoing. I say you should go and try out. There are height ranges for different characters, though, so you may be too short or too tall to be your favourite. Height matters a lot. Like, I look like a little girl and I think I'd be perfect as Alice or Wendy, but apparently at 4'11" I'm too short (too short to play little girls, yeah).

Scar Junior

Like Maelstrom says, height is very important. There's cute and well, lets just say "not so cute" people in face character roles... so it's more than just being attractive.

It can't hurt to audition. Most people in the audition you just want to say "what are you thinking?" They want to be a princess but are way too tall/short, with an inappropriate weight. So, depending on your height, you've got a decent shot.

MinnieKat24

Original Poster
Well, thank y'all very much! I do have the out-going friendly disposition, I'm usually the one whos making friends, meeting new people, and playing with the younger ones... So Lord knows, that would be my dream job! I'm definitely going to at least try out when I get there and I'll keep y'all posted on what happens with the auditions and whatnot. I really appreciate the replies and encouragement, I'm sure I'll be a nervous wreck by the time I actually do go out there for it, but anything helps ofcourse :rolleyes:. If it makes a difference in height and weight, I'm 5'6", almost 5'7" and more on the slender "dancer"-build size of the spectrum, usually I weight somewhere in between 105-110... I have no idea if that changes any of the ideas on who I might be seen as, and if it does, I'd sure like to know what you guys think! Thanks again, y'all are wonderful!!

:wave: -Kat

figmentmom

You're very pretty! And - more to the point, for "face" characters, you have even features, a lovely smile, and appear (from your posts, anyway!) to be out-going. With the appropriate makeup, wig and costume, you could probably be almost any female "face" character except Jasmine, whose natural skin tone is darker.

Good luck!

MinnieKat24

Original Poster
Thank you very much figmentmom! And yes I will be probably be doing the CP as soon as my brother decides when he wants to go back, it's mainly up to him because he's already done it once and I don't really want to go without him. :eek:

-Kat

Mecha Figment

Your facial structure, makes me lean more towards ariel or Marry Poppins, I'm in the entertainment department and I can tell you that It's tough to be a face character. I know several capable people who would do the role perfect but got turned away becuase they were a half an inch to short or tall. They are very specific on that for some reason. and most of the princesses are short.

Mecha Figment

I think you may be just under the marker. But I think you are to tall for the likes of some of them. the princesses are unfortunatly not listed in my book. which was actualy outdated when i got it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom