Do you think FP+ makes sense for these attractions?

jkl2000

Original Poster
We're going to WDW in late October. I already made FP+ reservations for each day, but I'm changing them a bit since DS4 most likely won't want to go on the coasters. There are four of us, so we'll take advantage of the Rider Switch Service (aka "child swap"). So I'm changing FP+ reservations for myself and DS4 to nearby, milder attractions where needed. But some of them might not require FP+ reservations and if they don't, we might as well use them for something else. However, I do want to make sure DS4 gets to enjoy some of these attractions, so maybe it's best to be safe.

So far (I'll probably add to this thread as I move along):

- I changed two FP+ from BTMR to Magic Carpets (seems like a good call)
- Thinking of changing two FP+ from Splash Mountain to the Railroad, at the Frontierland station. This would be between 11:30 and 12:30 - is this at all necessary here? I know he'll love the ride, and the other good thing about making these FP+ reservations is it will help make sure certain experiences like this don't fall through the cracks.
- Last FP+ for this day is Jungle Cruise - will keep that for all four of us!

jkl2000

Original Poster
One thing I forgot to mention is that I'm trying to pick attractions that are close to together.

BTW, Peter Pan is closed when we're there, but the Railroad is reopened when we arrive (it's letting me choose Fastpasses).

Anyway, maybe this is more necessary for a day when we're closer to Fantasyland - day one at the the FP+ are all for Adventureland and Frontierland.

mweier

ah. If you're only looking for attractions in AL & FL, then that makes a lot more sense. I'd probably look into parade or character meet & greet over the Magic Carpets FP+.

jkl2000

Original Poster
ah. If you're only looking for attractions in AL & FL, then that makes a lot more sense. I'd probably look into parade or character meet & greet over the Magic Carpets FP+.

Not really interested in Meet & Greets, and I've read that people were unhappy with the FP+ locations for the parades.

We may end up just keeping all the original FP+ and doing the Rider Switch two times for each set of 4 FP+. If I'm correct, that will give my wife and I each two rides per set of 4 FP+, and DS14 four rides per set of 4 FP+ per attraction. That way if DS4 decides he DOES want to ride one of the coaster rides he still can. I'm sure by the end of the first morning we'll have it figured out.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Not really interested in Meet & Greets, and I've read that people were unhappy with the FP+ locations for the parades.

We may end up just keeping all the original FP+ and doing the Rider Switch two times for each set of 4 FP+. If I'm correct, that will give my wife and I each two rides per set of 4 FP+, and DS14 four rides per set of 4 FP+ per attraction. That way if DS4 decides he DOES want to ride one of the coaster rides he still can. I'm sure by the end of the first morning we'll have it figured out.

I'm in the same boat on my first day there in November. We have tentatively booked Jungle Cruise, Alladin and Splash Mountain. We are only planning on doing Adventure Land and maybe part of Frontier land that day. I didn't really think we needed Magic Carpets, but it was the only other ride offered in that area other than BTMRR which we are saving for another day. I guess saving a 10 minute wait is better than nothing.

I don't see an advantage for using it on the railroad unless it's very crowded. You have to wait for the train to come at the station either way. Unless there are so many people waiting that you would miss that train and have to wait for the next one it doesn't help you.

jkl2000

Original Poster
I'm in the same boat on my first day there in November. We have tentatively booked Jungle Cruise, Alladin and Splash Mountain. We are only planning on doing Adventure Land and maybe part of Frontier land that day. I didn't really think we needed Magic Carpets, but it was the only other ride offered in that area other than BTMRR which we are saving for another day. I guess saving a 10 minute wait is better than nothing.

I don't see an advantage for using it on the railroad unless it's very crowded. You have to wait for the train to come at the station either way. Unless there are so many people waiting that you would miss that train and have to wait for the next one it doesn't help you.

Good point about having to wait for the train either way. Have to admit, I'm looking forward to the ride, and don't mind waiting a while - want to DS4's face as he rides it. He was on a much smaller train ride at Rye Playland and talked about it for a long time. This was about 1 1/2 years ago, but still, he should love it.

Bairstow

Mermaid can get a pretty long line, but the queue area there is extremely well decorated and kind of fun to wait in, what with all the waterfalls and hidden details.

The same cannot be said of Small World. I would think your FP+ reservation is better used there.

JillC LI

We may end up just keeping all the original FP+ and doing the Rider Switch two times for each set of 4 FP+. If I'm correct, that will give my wife and I each two rides per set of 4 FP+, and DS14 four rides per set of 4 FP+ per attraction.

That raises an interesting question: Can FP+ within a family all be given to an individual family member like 4 hard FPs could, or can you only use 1 per band? I suppose if they are one per band, one person could put each band on one at a time to ride 4x in a row?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom