Do you think an Adult only resort will ever happen?

Computer Magic

Not sure Disney would cater to adults only ,as previously stated PI was dismantled and that was adult only clubs. My husband and I are Disney regulars and its just us. Honestly going to Disney you know kids will be there it is Disney! I think its fun seeing how excited the kids are! Of course you see some meltdowns but honestly I've seen adult meltdowns and those are much worse! Grown people should know better!
I think PI and a few other activities was an attempt to bring adults to Disney during the mid 90s. There use to be commercials directed towards adults and advertise as a place to have your honeymoon. Then at some point that was scraped for princesses. Now you see commercials with the perfect family of 2 adults, 1 boy and 1 girl. Sometimes you get the grandparents.

SSH

As MarkTwain and others have mentioned, Disney already does this...their cruise lines intentionally create many adult-only experiences and spaces (beyond drinking and nightclubs) that allow parents and couples to spend quiet time away from kids. And they market this heavily. Not sure why it's a big deal to offer this same experience on land by carving out a portion of a resort for adult?

I think an adult-only wing of a resort with their own pool and hot tub would be fabulous...I'd definitely pay a premium and it has zero to do with being anti-kid. Love seeing kids in the parks; no issues with them everywhere else. But I'd adore a space for adults too. Disney still markets heavily to wedding, honeymoon, and senior couples in niched publications and mail campaigns that the general public doesn't see because it's not part of their main TV ad campaign. Why not offer something like that for these groups - doesn't take a thing away from family market.

Computer Magic

I think my post was misread. I fully expect to deal with kids at the parks and that's cool, it's part of the experience, but kids running up and down the halls, pounding on the walls and other concessions made at the resorts to accommodate child safety, eating habits and other needs kinda limits the relaxing qualities. I just think it would be nice to grab a drink and sit in a quiet pool until 3 am if I'd like then get a restful sleep free of rude awakenings. I don't expect nude sunbathing or "adult" parties. (I can go to tampa for that.) Character breakfasts would be cool though.
I think the closest Disney adult resort is Yacht Club which I think has an adult pool. There is also a bar/lounge area. Yacht Club is a non DVC deluxe that sells to a lot of conferences, which makes for less kids.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
A wing or section of hotel would be possible and easy enough to do. However, that doesn't really provide an adult only resort experience since it would share common space with the rest of the hotel. There will still be kids in the loby, kids in the pool, kids in the restaurants and lounges. There are a number of Disney hotels that currently have a quiet pool. I don't think they are explicitly adult only, but they don't have play areas or slides and they are supposed to be quiet. Is that enough for the people who want an adult only resort?

Victor Kelly

There are just times that adults want to have quiet. On our cruise we enjoyed the whole ship, but there were times we wanted to be away from all the children and enjoy peace and quiet.

In WDW we accept kids everywhere, but as others have happened to mention, the adults are more of a problem.

ToTBellHop

I will say this--I have never seen very many screaming kids at the Grand Floridian. Or any deluxe, honestly. I don't know that it's a result of better parenting or just the fact that there are fewer people around at the deluxes. They really cram people into those values like sardines, and if I get close to 10,000 humans in one resort at any one time, it is bound to be loud and obnoxious. Just like Fantasyland at 1 pm.

Here's one thing I think Disney could consider--an adult-only wing of a hotel. For example, generate wedding/honeymoon packages for Grand Floridian and have one building dedicated to those packages (if the market can support it). Provide "free massages" and the like with the expensive package. It would be far less risky than a whole resort and those of us with kids don't really want to hear all that "magic" from our neighbors anyway. Conversely, when my wife and I went on our honeymoon, we would have loved to be in a building/area (at Pop) with fewer screaming kids. Then again, we chose to honeymoon at Disney World. Point is, if we had the money at the time (we didn't), we would have considered such a package in a kid-free wing.

However, we were 24 and energetic then. Kids didn't put any damper on our adult magic time.

rob0519

And perhaps they could have adults only days at the parks (a bit like EMH) where each park takes it in turns to refuse entry to kids

I don't think it's a silly idea at all. Not full days, but maybe two nights a week of late EMH hours at MK for 18 and over. Make it a hard ticket event. I'd gladly pay for that. Imagine MK with no strollers, but no alcohol either.

What a bl**dy silly idea

Dog Ate Mouse

Honestly, No I do not. Now far as kids go, it would be sad not to see them excited and truly expressing a child's genuine love for a character. Those memories make older people smile and remember what it was like to be that age or when their children was that age. It's a right of passage to me. Yes we visit WDW as adults now without children due to ours is grown, We are young parents in our 50's. We love WDW and and always love seeing the special moments of a little one being blown away for the first time seeing Mickey or swimming in a pool. Now yes children make noise and for the most part just being kids. I think I would miss that sound if I could never hear it again.

Now yes at night time when it is time to sleep I do like to hear nothing. Going to bed in PORS in Patier Place is very peaceful and relaxing and truly for the most part, very quiet. Then we walk to Breakfast and then see the children and get a smile on our face. Then we go and play for the rest of the day like big kids in one of the parks. Part of WDW is being a kid or being an adult and acting like a kid again. This is what keeps one young. I don't know if WDW would be the same if it was an adult only park. I woulld miss that. Sort of like my neighborhood I live in. I hear the kids playing and getting a little loud, but to me that means they are having fun and keeping out of trouble. One day we will all be old and cherish seeing little one and the life and noise they make. I say cherish it, bottle it up and keep it with you. For one day you will truly miss it and wish you could be that age of carefree and fun again. That is one of the many reason's I love WDW so. You are a kid again and remember to laugh and smile and act silly without anyone saying to you are you okay or what is wrong. People look at me and the DWF and laugh and smile and see we are having the times of our lives.

Never. Even with all the Disney Springs expansion, there is no firm idea of any sort of night life in the works aside from what splitsville does with late night maybe having a drinking crowd area. So I would seriously doubt the investment for a resort as such.

DisneyDaver

I think my post was misread. I fully expect to deal with kids at the parks and that's cool, it's part of the experience, but kids running up and down the halls, pounding on the walls and other concessions made at the resorts to accommodate child safety, eating habits and other needs kinda limits the relaxing qualities. I just think it would be nice to grab a drink and sit in a quiet pool until 3 am if I'd like then get a restful sleep free of rude awakenings. I don't expect nude sunbathing or "adult" parties. (I can go to tampa for that.) Character breakfasts would be cool though.

I haven't been there yet, but I suspect the new Four Seasons may have some of what you are looking for like an adult only pool. That said, there certainly will be many families with kids staying at the resort.

Courtney6682

I don't think your original post was wrong at all....of course you will always offend someone...and yes I have 4 kids...and yes my husband and I enjoy spending time ALONE every now and then....there are some people that can't understand why kids can bother some people...but they do! I have NO desire to be around other people's kids...so i feel ya;)

DisneyDebNJ

I enjoy visiting the parks, but I have no interest in staying at the resorts mostly due to screaming kids. (I prefer my vacations to be relaxing) It seems to me that disney would have an interesting / unique opportunity if they offered an adults only resort. What do you think?
I would hate to think that Disney would ever bow down to an *adults only* resort. In all of our trips we have enjoyed seeing the magic in young ones eyes on Disney property.

WDW 3

We were at a resort this spring that had two pools. One was adult only. A small pool and the much larger and better located pool was for anyone. People complain about not allowing their children into that pool. I would be OK with an adult wing, king beds and the adult pool but there are people that wouldn't like it. Don't know why, just wouldn't.

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
I always stay onsite with my hubby and no children. We have never encountered unruly kids at any resorts we have stayed at!!! Now granted we always stayed Deluxe/DVC and now we are DVC members but still no issues with that! :)

BuddyThomas

Yeah, I wonder why? Just look at what the "adults" have done to F&W on a Friday and Saturday night and you will know why Disney shut it down. I myself have witness many individual acts of perversion SO profound and disgusting that decorum prohibits listing them here.
Ohhh, please. Give it a rest. Do you just spout nonsense on every thread on this board? Why don't you go back to the Sea World forum and scream some more about how whales are "fish".

lazyboy97o

I think PI and a few other activities was an attempt to bring adults to Disney during the mid 90s. There use to be commercials directed towards adults and advertise as a place to have your honeymoon. Then at some point that was scraped for princesses. Now you see commercials with the perfect family of 2 adults, 1 boy and 1 girl. Sometimes you get the grandparents.
Disney was not trying to bring in more adults without children. They were responding to who was already visiting. Young children being the prime audience is a rather recent shift encouraged by Disney.

The Empress Lilly

golf-resort-sign.jpg

The Golf Resort. Country Club turned into golf hotel, turned into Disney Inn, turned into armed forces retreat.

While not strictly adult-only, in its first decade the Club / Golf Resort resembled a country retreat for the golf enthusiast, with fine dining, adult shopping, and a calm, sedate atmosphere. Then Eisner happened.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom