Do you remember Lets Make a Deal?

Mad Stitch

Original Poster
So I'm home for the holidays today watching Let's Make a Deal and it sparked my memories of when it was taped at the Studios. When they were not taping shows to be aired they would do the show for park guests. My father was chosen and won a pair of Mickey watches. Does anyone else remember this and have a story to share?

Let's Make a Deal Intro

mikeymouse

I remember being on the walking tour of the backlot through the building which housed Millionaire recently, now Midway Mania. Saw Lets Make A Deal from behind the audience through the windows. You could actually be a part of the audience but not through the tour, some other way. I remember viewing the Bette Midler short The Lottery and seeing how they made the film and seeing props. This is was the first film to be completely filmed at the studios.

dyerneeds

my wife was picked to be in the "gallery". they gave her a Xmas tree costume to wear....she didnt get picked as an on stage contestant though...picked up an original sticker from the show on ebay later that states ' I Got Zonked" on Lets make a Deal.:ROFLOL:

AEfx

I remember it - I didn't get selected but I did attend a "taping". What i remember most were the "prizes" - a ton of junk store junk. Like, an old Atari in a slightly beat-up box (and this was 1990, LOL), and other 'junk'. I just assume it wasn't real, just for effect of the show.

Timekeeper

The MMC was a fun production to watch because of it's SNL-like comedy sketch and music format.

Disney-MGM+Press+Photo+04.jpg

ChrisFL

Premium Member
My parents were on Lets Make a Deal, they got picked at the end right before the credits, mom won $200 for having one of every coin in her purse.

Several years later I went on Millionaire's play it locally for the actual TV show, was picked in the audience, but never got into the hot seat :(

Mad Stitch

Original Poster
On Christmas I asked my parents what happened to those watches my father won. They have been sitting in a drawer for 21 years, never used. They gave them to me.

picture.php

AEfx

On Christmas I asked my parents what happened to those watches my father won. They have been sitting in a drawer for 21 years, never used. They gave them to me.

picture.php

Very cool!

I believe I had the 2nd one at some point (without the Melody) but I def remember the design.

Toolifedave

My wife and I were on the selling floor and picked to make a deal with Monty. We supplied our own costumes and ending going for the big deal. We didn’t win but did win a complete selection for our kitchen, stove, fridge and dishwasher. Lots of fun too!

WDW862

My wife and I were on the selling floor and picked to make a deal with Monty. We supplied our own costumes and ending going for the big deal. We didn’t win but did win a complete selection for our kitchen, stove, fridge and dishwasher. Lots of fun too!
Why did you just bump a 9-year-old thread?

Heppenheimer

Had no idea this was briefly filmed at (then) Disney-MGM studios. I guess that was back when they had not yet given up on the concept of the park as a working studio.

SteveBrickNJ

To share a relevant story related to the topic? I don't see why people are upset when someone bumps an old thread as long as their post is relevant to the topic. If one makes a new thread, you then have multiple threads about the same topic. Might as well keep it consolidated, right?
I like when old threads are bumped. The person who asked you why you bumped the old thread was not necessarily "upset" that you did so. Possibly they were just curious?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom