Do you plan like this?

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
So part of my time off ( I have 10 days off ) I am going to be planning our Feb trip! I have touring plans so I have estimated EMH and hours. The final will be printed in color. :) Hee hee I love the planning part! Just need those confirmed hours for Feb to be posted and then making ADR's on the 25th! Woo Hoo

20130726_152857.jpg

Minnie Sue

Yep! I do the colored coded spread sheet. This is only our second trip *and* we're going the week of Christmas, so touring plans and carefully scheduled days. Once we've gone 10 or so times, I might chill out. ;) (I also have a fellow Disney lover friend from college with who I share plans for hypothetical trips -- I'm already planning our Oct 2015 trip -- and we pass amusing or insightful TRs back and forth in addition to detailed plans for real time trips.)

Upvote 0

JIMINYCR

By failing to prepare you are preparing to fail."
Ben Franklin
There's a way to do it better—find it."

Thomas Edison
"To have a great idea, have a lot of them."

Thomas Edison
I'm a planner. I have a room full of ideas and plan like a General going into battle. Nothing is done without thoughtfulness and reason. Thats how I've always done Disney and so when I return home theres very little I feel I missed out on or didn't accomplish. BUT I also am willing to improvise and have a plan B if my plans fall through or need to be adjusted on the fly.

Upvote 0

PhotoDave219

Nothing. They're just bathrooms. The girls have pretty flowers painted on the wall on the way in. The guys, according to PhotoDave (and not because I went into the men's room) have "Flynn and the gang", I think it was. @PhotoDave219 I don't want to misquote you, so correct me if I'm wrong.

Other than that, there is nothing particularly interesting about the magical bathrooms. They're just bathrooms. IMO.

Correct. Wanted posters & urinals

Upvote 0

disneygirl76

Original Poster
Nothing. They're just bathrooms. The girls have pretty flowers painted on the wall on the way in. The guys, according to PhotoDave (and not because I went into the men's room) have "Flynn and the gang", I think it was. @PhotoDave219 I don't want to misquote you, so correct me if I'm wrong.

Other than that, there is nothing particularly interesting about the magical bathrooms. They're just bathrooms. IMO.

Hee hee shoot, was hoping for singing toilets. :)

Upvote 0

disneygirl76

Original Poster
Yep! I do the colored coded spread sheet. This is only our second trip *and* we're going the week of Christmas, so touring plans and carefully scheduled days. Once we've gone 10 or so times, I might chill out. ;) (I also have a fellow Disney lover friend from college with who I share plans for hypothetical trips -- I'm already planning our Oct 2015 trip -- and we pass amusing or insightful TRs back and forth in addition to detailed plans for real time trips.)

I keep thinking that I will stop with the spread sheets too...but I can't! :)

Upvote 0

disneygirl76

Original Poster
By failing to prepare you are preparing to fail."
Ben Franklin

There's a way to do it better—find it."

Thomas Edison
"To have a great idea, have a lot of them."

Thomas Edison
I'm a planner. I have a room full of ideas and plan like a General going into battle. Nothing is done without thoughtfulness and reason. Thats how I've always done Disney and so when I return home theres very little I feel I missed out on or didn't accomplish. BUT I also am willing to improvise and have a plan B if my plans fall through or need to be adjusted on the fly.
I'm cracking up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Love these quotes! :)

Upvote 0

Shere_Khan

270346bb052c4e8695f392e39ed5af66.jpg

I have a spreadsheet that I have always used with park times, ADRs, and where I plan to be each day. It is not super elaborate but gets the job done.

However, I found the above on Pinterest and I am TOTALLY making it. It is just so cute and I love the place to keep the receipts as I always mean to do that but then end up a crumpled mess in my purse.
http://ideasforscrapbookers.blogspot.com/2010/09/pocket-organizer.html

Upvote 0

disneygirl76

Original Poster
270346bb052c4e8695f392e39ed5af66.jpg

I have a spreadsheet that I have always used with park times, ADRs, and where I plan to be each day. It is not super elaborate but gets the job done.

However, I found the above on Pinterest and I am TOTALLY making it. It is just so cute and I love the place to keep the receipts as I always mean to do that but then end up a crumpled mess in my purse.
http://ideasforscrapbookers.blogspot.com/2010/09/pocket-organizer.html

OMG! I love this! I need to know how to make this! Amazing!

Upvote 0

danstpeter

I cut my Photoshop teeth greatly on making pamphlets for upcoming trips. Not only descriptions and histories, but fake advertisements for the limo's and hotel rooms. I would "add" famous, naked (PG) or members of our party into the pictures. I also would add nearly subliminal messaging like spelling out words in the stars (it was a claim that was popular at the time) of night skies. I always tried to deliver them at least a week in advance. This "Disney deviance" was a big part in my attaining some proficiency in Photoshop. At this point, Its more of the "researching" and I don't really produce anything. The group has shrunk to just me and my wife. I shouldn't say just, she's a pretty good wife.

Upvote 0

PrincessMia

I totally think the planning is (almost) as much fun as the trip. I have always loved the anticipation building up to something, and truly love to plan far in advance. It gives me something to look forward to. I have a spreadsheet into which I have all the park schedules, crowd levels, ADR's, everything. I emailed it to myself so I have it on my iPhone. Given my enjoyment for planning and sharing the smallest details with my family, I'm working hard not to spoil a birthday surprise trip in October for DD8. So far, so good.

Upvote 0

jw24

Not. On. That. Scale.

I mean, for me, if I have a set schedule for everything, chances are I'll break it and I mean, there could be countless scenarios that could go wrong so to essentially have a plan, then a backup plan, then a backup plan for the backup plan, yada yada yada, becomes too much. So I don't do it on the fly but rather, I plan my day based on what I prioritize most. Usually, I put rides first over shows and character greetings because a show or a character greet can easily be done as filler time. Meal times are flexible because I just eat when I feel like. I have a time window in mind (i.e from 12-2 pm not a specific time). Then again, I am a solo traveler so obviously, planning for one is a lot different than planning with a family or a large group!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

jdnetone

I am a spreadsheet planner with color codes and multiple sheets. I enjoy the planning and it keeps me busy while waiting to go. One thing I do is print my ADR's numbers and times on business card stock so I will have them with me and I can carry them in my bill fold.

Upvote 0

disneygirl76

Original Poster
I totally think the planning is (almost) as much fun as the trip. I have always loved the anticipation building up to something, and truly love to plan far in advance. It gives me something to look forward to. I have a spreadsheet into which I have all the park schedules, crowd levels, ADR's, everything. I emailed it to myself so I have it on my iPhone. Given my enjoyment for planning and sharing the smallest details with my family, I'm working hard not to spoil a birthday surprise trip in October for DD8. So far, so good.

I agree!! :) EEK! I hope you can hold out on the surprise! I would love to pull something like that off but I don't know if I could keep it secret!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom