• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

Do you own Disney Stock? (Poll)

Do you own Disney Stock?

• Total voters

eliza61nyc

Advertisement
An Aunt of mine signed me up in the stock purchasing program through Disney back in the late 80's when I got married as a wedding gift. So I think when I started it was 55 bucks or something like that. I purchase monthly, income averaging kicks in. 92 and 98 the stock split.

but I think most folks have a few shares in their mutual funds or index fund

Last edited:

Janir

Other than thru some other investment funds of some sort, no Disney stock. I don't buy and hold stock trading anyways. No part of my trrading plan.

LeighM

Mine is currently a part of my employer's retirement mutual fund. But it could change at any time.

Phonedave

Only indirectly through some managed funds.

There are only a few things right now that I own directly, and DIS is not one of them.

Jayhawker

Yes, I purchased $1000 worth of Disney stock through their direct stock purchase program back when the stock was trading for about $25 a share in the mid 2000's probably around 2006 or so. This initial $1000 investment is in a DRIP (Dividend Reinvestment Plan) administered by Broadridge so I now have close to 50 shares in that account.

Then I purchased another 30 shares using my regular Schwab investment account back in April of this year when the stock was trading for $114 a share. I am thinking about trimming my position a bit to take some profits on the 30 shares I recently purchased. However, I will NEVER sell my original shares in the Broadridge Drip account. I want to watch these grow for years to come...

Beacon Joe

As a Boglehead, technically, I do since I hold the market. DIS is something like the 28th holding in VTSAX.

I held a few single stocks years ago, including DIS and sold them all and converted to indices... LOL, that was in 2008 when shares were in the upper $20s. Oh well. The fact that I can't pick stocks and predict the market's future is exactly why I got out of stock picking. Then there's that time I decided I didn't want to waste $100 to buy a bunch of these weirdly intriguing things called bitcoins. :banghead:

Top Bottom