DO YOU KNOW?

yensid67

Original Poster
I was wondering if anyone knows what is on the second floors of the shops in World Showcase? Some look like 2 story buildings that could have an office? storage space? Cast Breakroom?
They would make great Cast Housing(not college program)!

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I was wondering if anyone knows what is on the second floors of the shops in World Showcase? Some look like 2 story buildings that could have an office? storage space? Cast Breakroom?
They would make great Cast Housing(not college program)!
Shops or pavilions?

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
I'm just joking. It could be that because there are a lot of third party companies running concessions in the various pavilions - it could be storage, office space etc.

But overflow bar space with lots of alcohol wouldn't surprise me.

TrainsOfDisney

Second floor of American Adventure has an old VIP lounge that is now club 33.

Second floor of U.K.’s Rose and Crown is space you can rent out for corporare events / private parties.

Second floor of Paris is a.. second restaurant but you probably already knew that one.

Trying to think of other pavilions with second floor spaces. There is Canada with the closed gift shops.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Above the Canadian gift shop was storeroom space and a break room.

Above Norway was the corporate suite. Many buildings have office or storage space. Some like Italy, Japan and France have guest room. Some have no usable space.

Ayla

Above the Canadian gift shop was storeroom space and a break room.

Above Norway was the corporate suite. Many buildings have office or storage space. Some like Italy, Japan and France have guest room. Some have no usable space.
Above Norway is where they used to have the indoor Frozen dessert parties.

yensid67

Original Poster
I was just wondering what they could use the space above all the little shops. But being a former cast member, I know what looks are on the outside is not what they inside looks like! For example in the MK, across from Center Street on Main Street...ther is a Yellow building with a round turret. Shops are first floor, but behind the rest of the facade is an office building used for training/traditions! We were in training room on 3rd floor and they were talking about making magic, etc...and told us all to get up and open the non descriptive looking door on the other side of the room and look out...on the other side of that door was a 3 ft wide scaffolding holding the facade up and all the windows you see from the street, that look like apartments are just a random lamp or light placed here or there on the scaffolding! Pretty neat to see for a theatre geek!

castlecake2.0

Second floor of American Adventure has an old VIP lounge that is now club 33.

Second floor of U.K.’s Rose and Crown is space you can rent out for corporare events / private parties.

Second floor of Paris is a.. second restaurant but you probably already knew that one.

Trying to think of other pavilions with second floor spaces. There is Canada with the closed gift shops.
Second floor of Rose & Crown is offices and very tiny, most of it is taken up by staircases.

castlecake2.0

I was just wondering what they could use the space above all the little shops. But being a former cast member, I know what looks are on the outside is not what they inside looks like! For example in the MK, across from Center Street on Main Street...ther is a Yellow building with a round turret. Shops are first floor, but behind the rest of the facade is an office building used for training/traditions! We were in training room on 3rd floor and they were talking about making magic, etc...and told us all to get up and open the non descriptive looking door on the other side of the room and look out...on the other side of that door was a 3 ft wide scaffolding holding the facade up and all the windows you see from the street, that look like apartments are just a random lamp or light placed here or there on the scaffolding! Pretty neat to see for a theatre geek!
That’s what the second floor of the Canada hotel looks like, a break room with lots of little boxes holding light fixtures for the windows.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom