• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

Do you know if it is true that Disney has sending Official Harry Potter merchandise?

Javier Antonio Nisa Avila

Original Poster
I have read this morning in "inside the magic" that Disney Parks are sending Official Harry Potter merchandise. Do you know why?

I thought Harry Potter belongs to Universal. However, taking into account the quality of merchandising at Disney right now, it could be a possibility. In that case, I think Disney should hire a good public relations with a good communication plan because this is really weird.

What do you think?

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I have read this morning in "inside the magic" that Disney Parks are sending Official Harry Potter merchandise. Do you know why?

I thought Harry Potter belongs to Universal. However, taking into account the quality of merchandising at Disney right now, it could be a possibility. In that case, I think Disney should hire a good public relations with a good communication plan because this is really weird.

What do you think?

Same reason they sell any merchandise, to make money. ABC and Disney Family used to show the Harry Potter movies at the same time Universal had the lands.

lazyboy97o

However, Harry Potter belongs to Universal. I don't know if this article is an strategy of Inside de Magic to have more clicks.
Harry Potter doesn’t belong to Universal, Universal has a licensing agreement with Warner Bros. I believe the Magic Shop at Disneyland is still a third party concession, so this other company is carrying a line of cards that includes Harry Potter cards.

Original Poster
Harry Potter doesn’t belong to Universal, Universal has a licensing agreement with Warner Bros. I believe the Magic Shop at Disneyland is still a third party concession, so this other company is carrying a line of cards that includes Harry Potter cards.
I thought Harry Potter belonged to Universal. As a matter of fact, I visited Warner Park in Spain and there is nothing about Harry Potter.

lazyboy97o

Original Poster
You should've gone on the WB Studio Tour in Hollywood, where you can't miss it!
Many people spoke to me about it. However, I was saving to come back Disney. Nevertheless, if prices keep increasing at Disney World, I think it would be a great opportunity.

Anyway, Warner park in Spain is so much fun. There is a coaster in which you wear VCR glasses and you can see the fight between Batman and Joker.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
A general rule of thumb: Anything posted on ITM or Corless’s site is an attempt at getting more clicks and nothing else.
About once a week my dad sends a text to the family chat that's something like "did you see they're closing Big Thunder Mountain Railroad!?!?!?" And my response is "yeah dad, they're closing Big Thunder Mountain Railroad... in Hong Kong... for a few hours."

Original Poster

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I thought Harry Potter belonged to Universal. As a matter of fact, I visited Warner Park in Spain and there is nothing about Harry Potter.

When movies are made the rights to all kinds of things related to the movie are licensed out to other companies. So for example Lego has a license to create Lego sets based on Harry Potter, there are other companies licensed to make video games etc. Universal has a license to do Harry Potter theme park attractions in some of their parks.

Original Poster
When movies are made the rights to all kinds of things related to the movie are licensed out to other companies. So for example Lego has a license to create Lego sets based on Harry Potter, there are other companies licensed to make video games etc. Universal has a license to do Harry Potter theme park attractions in some of their parks.
Well, is it like Pandora? There are many Harry Potter charms , for example.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Top Bottom