Do You Know A Disney Jerk

Dads 2 Boys

Yup, ran into them many times. Also have run into non-disney jerks that ask you to help plan stuff, then do not go with the plan, have a miserable time and blame you for it.

This is overwhelmingly the most common result about the part of people ask for help and don't listen. My stylist is in WDW right now having the glorious trip with her 10 yr old daughter. She was a newbie and asked for my help in every step of the planning and actually listened.....lol

The jerks are generally the ones that think they know everything but mostly thet know about all the rides, attrractions, etc... yet know little on how "to do Disney". Knowing WDW and knowing how to "do WDW" are incredibly different.

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Thankfully no one has ever made me feel belittled because of our love for Disney Parks. Even before we had kids. Maybe I just have nice people around me or maybe it's because as my dad says I give off a "Don't with me vibe". If anyone has thought it, they keep it to themselves as they should.

mpeters

Original Poster
I came in here to complain about you starting a thread about me and realized you're talking about another type of Disney jerk.

Carry on!!

no sir..........it was a question in general.........no one in particular........there was one person a while back who I would like to meet in person to see if they are as "tough worded" in life as they are on a keyboard but again........it was a general question to the masses

profscottraynor

I don't know if this qualifies as a "jerk" or not but I do find the "Disney Park Knowledge Arms Race" interesting. A large part of trip planning is that each person is different and wants to have a unique experience.

bjlc57

my wife recently helped a newby take a kid for the first time to WDW for two days.. and she really worked hard on trip planning, due to limited time and to a park plan so that these people could see everything they wanted.. and it all predicates on getting to the park for opening. and I mean , being in front at the opening and not a mile back.. and this couple barely came to the opening for Magic Kingdom on the first day and didn't get to the next park until 10 am the next day wiping out all the plans and all the hard work.. it mostly went for naught..

wsmith1978

My partner and I make no secret of our love for Disney and the parks. We go every year and make it well known on Facebook. I have a cousin who is obsessed with amusement parks but for some reason hates Disney. He is constantly posting about how much Disney sucks, knowing that we can see it. I always consider my audience when posting on Facebook. I'm not saying that people should censor themselves, or that everyone should love Disney just because I do, but he goes overboard with it, to the point where it almost feels like he's doing it to us off. I think he's just jealous. LOL Anyway, total Disney jerk.

Matt_Black

Most of my co-workers. Some thought it HILARIOUS to suggest I'd wind up on a certain television program hosted by Chris Hansen and were shocked when I got offended by that.

216bruce

Oh my goodness, YES! I think you described one of the most common species of Disney jerk.
And the next sub-species of this jerk is the jerk who asks your advice and then debates you on it and tells you why you're wrong, even though they've either never been to the parks , or maybe once.
Other species of Disney jerk- The jerk who asks "How was Mickey?" when you get back. They ask this with a cynical grin.
And my favorite Disney jerk...."You're going back again? Weren't you just there?" "Nah, we go to Vegas...I want stuff that's more adult and real." Real? in Vegas? Adult in Vegas?...maybe chronologically, but that's about it.

TurboCaroline

Is it 5:00 yet?
I guess I would be that jerk. But it's everyone else's fault!

I am a Disney enthusiast. I go every year, I come on the boards regularly, I know what to do and all that. and don't bring up travel stuff first. but other people always tend to be the ones to bring up the topic first. They make fun of me because I am an adult who goes to Disney. Laugh at my love for the films and look at me funny when I say I am going to Disney because I should 'go somewhere else.' BUT who is the first one at my desk asking questions when they are planning a trip? yea, 'those' people.

The worst is they will ask me for advice and then don't take it. So then I get mad because, as said above, they don't do what I suggest, have a rotten time, and then somehow blame ME for their rotten time. So I guess I come off jerk like. But you know what? I am a proud Disney jerk.

I am dealing with this currently with a friend...OMG would I love to vent about it here, lol

ASKHOLE; (n): A person who will constantly ask for your advice, but yet, continues to do the opposite of everything you say to them... :)

Weather_Lady

my wife recently helped a newby take a kid for the first time to WDW for two days.. and she really worked hard on trip planning, due to limited time and to a park plan so that these people could see everything they wanted.. and it all predicates on getting to the park for opening. and I mean , being in front at the opening and not a mile back.. and this couple barely came to the opening for Magic Kingdom on the first day and didn't get to the next park until 10 am the next day wiping out all the plans and all the hard work.. it mostly went for naught..

I feel your wife's frustration! I recently helped a family in a similar situation after they told me all the attractions they wanted to do with limited time, only to have them return from WDW, shrug and say, "It was okay, but we won't be going back. We're not really ride people."

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom