Do you hide mementos when packing up?

HouCuseChickie

ok, so I'm a pack rat and really shouldn't be stuffing anything extra in my bags...but before each trip ends- I guess I try and salvage the last few bits of magic and jam them anywhere I can find in my bags. Most get unpacked right after we get home, but there are usually a few things that I forget about or get stuffed so far into things that it's months before those little magical surprises surface.

For example- last week one of the candles from DD5's cake at Chef Mickey's came rolling out of a back pack I haven't used in a while...a few months ago, a small handful of confetti from CRT and CP fell out of a small cosmetic case...I recently came across a nice sized stash of DVC Aulani stickers and then just this morning, a gold doubloon from the Disney Jr. show at DHS made its way onto my coffee table (guessing one of the girls found it). Of course I love the magical surprise, but I'm wondering if anyone else consciously or subconsciously does this too? And if so, what kinds of random magical surprises have you found months or years after your trips?

vcstr

Mine's not Disney-related but could have happened just as easily at a show in Disney. I once saw a Broadway music where they shot confetti out of a cannon and some landed in my bag which was open on the floor. Months later I was using it as a book-bag for school and kept my calculus books in it. While studying for a final I found confetti in my calculus book and it made me smile :)

Upvote 0

Lisalyn

I don't know if these are special but they are special to me (lol)...I take with me the little towel animals they leave in the room for you when MouseKeeping is cleaning your rooms (I'm pretty sure you are allowed) and the soaps and shampoos....I set them up around the bathroom and such knowing that I'll be back soon!:wave:

Upvote 0

real mad hatter

Eh,You Mean It's Not Free?

Well yes we take our towel animals,with some shampoo and soap,along with the wall mural paintings,murphy bed,wide screen tv,:ROFLOL:Only joking,honest,oh and the mouse maid,only joking:ROFLOL:

Upvote 0

JiminyandTink

I totally do this as well.

I even like throwing some purchases immediately into my suitcase without looking at them so I forget about it until I unpack my suitcase at home (It can help take the sting out of the end of a great WDW vacation).

Upvote 0

JIMINYCR

I buy several small things for my wife and pack them away so she doesn't know about them. Then unpack them at home and hide them away to give to her later on as a surprise. Scores me some valuable husband points:king:
Something I came upon months after in a side pocket of my suitcase that surprised me, was several Mickey stickers that the CM's give out. One went into my wallet so I could see it whenever I open the thing to buy something. Reminds me to think about:rolleyes: what I'm constantly saving for, the next trip!

Upvote 0

erinshaneb

I forgot we got a stashed a whole bunch of the gold dubloons they rain down during the Disney Playhouse show at DS..I pulled something out of the camera bag for a Christmas parade and found them...made me laugh

Upvote 0

Disneykidder

Love the towel animals. They look cute in my bathroom.

I may be weird here but I take extra napkins or plates. Then sometimes I bust them out for my children to use and everyone would smile and think of a funny or special moment from our trip. I always put a napkin in my photo album, too. Yeah, a little bizzare but fun when using a piece of Disney at home.

When we were at the Poly last trip, we ate at Kona and on one of the desserts there were rainbow Mickey sprinkles. I thought they were so cool and I had never seen them before. The waitress came out and gave us a cup full of them. I loved using them on cupcakes and desserts...too cute.:)

Upvote 0

SyracuseOrange

Mine's not Disney-related but could have happened just as easily at a show in Disney. I once saw a Broadway music where they shot confetti out of a cannon and some landed in my bag which was open on the floor. Months later I was using it as a book-bag for school and kept my calculus books in it. While studying for a final I found confetti in my calculus book and it made me smile :)

That happened to me once. I was like "wow, this made it all the way home!"

As for Disney, I am guilty of getting FastPasses that I never end up using (plans change - but this probably won't happen as much in the future.)

A couple weeks ago I discovered a couple FPs from Disneyland Paris stashed away at the bottom of a pocket in a bag that I haven't opened in a while. Made me smile and look forward to my next DLP trip in about a month and a half :)

Upvote 0

LoriSue

Love the towel animals. They look cute in my bathroom.

I may be weird here but I take extra napkins or plates. Then sometimes I bust them out for my children to use and everyone would smile and think of a funny or special moment from our trip. I always put a napkin in my photo album, too. Yeah, a little bizzare but fun when using a piece of Disney at home.

QUOTE]
I do this too!! Love saving them for pizza night :)

Upvote 0

sparky03

I try to buy a new Christmas ornament when I visit every year or two and when I get home I always take it to the basement and put it away with the other holiday decor. It never fails that I completely forget about buying the ornament until I start putting up the decorations whenever Christmas rolls around.

I take extra soap bars from the room too, of course.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom