Do you have any quirky routines?

Kelsybelle

Original Poster
I was thinking of our next trip back to WDW (with fingers, toes and eyeballs crossed will be May 09) and I was playing back in my mind all the things I have to get done before I go. Along with creating a detailed itinerary about our trip, reservations and such, I have to go tanning. I start about a month before hand and have fun counting my visits until the day before we leave. I know it's not the best thing to do but I'm a New England girl and the winters are harsh so come spring the last thing I want to do is be pale in my bathing suit! Another thing I have to do is clean my house spotless! Everything has to be done. It's hard enough to come home from WDW and a clean house just makes it a little easier.
So do any of you out there have any quirky things you just have to do before your WDW vacation? For me the planning before the trip is so much fun!

mousebymarriage

I thought I was the only one that cleaned their house before they leave for vacation. I make sure the house is spotless so that when I come home I only have the mountain of laundry from vacation to do.

wdwfan100

My vacation starts the minute I am off work. As soon as my wife and I are home from work we have the "first beer of vacation" ritual. typically we have long since been packed, so really thats all that is left for us to do.:)

alilance

:hammer:YES!! I have several quirky things I do before my WDW trips!!!I guess there are a bunch of us crazies that clean the house the day before the trip!! I always do! Clean out the refrigerator of course! I also make sure to have a mani-pedi the afternoon before I leave and go to the gym or take a nice long walk to mentally prepare!! I love the whole planning thing too! I actually pack a week before I leave to see if there is anything new I need, whether it be new clothes, shoes, or lotion. I love that part too!!!! This year I went on that WDW diet mentioned in a previous thread and lost 13 pounds so I had to get a couple new articles of clothing! FUN!! Just got back last Tues. night so I am really really really depressed. I don't know if we'll be going back for a couple of years! :(:(:( This trip really cost us a lot of dough!!!! My husband said I shouldn't go on this site for a while, but I guess I would rather live vicariously through other people than lose out on my Disney thrill all together!!!!!:shrug:

Kelsybelle

Original Poster
I thought I was the only one that cleaned their house before they leave for vacation. I make sure the house is spotless so that when I come home I only have the mountain of laundry from vacation to do.

I was hoping I wasn't the only one who did this! The vacation laundry is a whole other project!
Oh, and WDWfan100 I think I'll have to add the beer ritual onto my list, that would totally hit the spot! :slurp:

Kelsybelle

Original Poster
:hammer:YES!! I have several quirky things I do before my WDW trips!!!I guess there are a bunch of us crazies that clean the house the day before the trip!! I always do! Clean out the refrigerator of course! I also make sure to have a mani-pedi the afternoon before I leave and go to the gym or take a nice long walk to mentally prepare!! I love the whole planning thing too! I actually pack a week before I leave to see if there is anything new I need, whether it be new clothes, shoes, or lotion. I love that part too!!!! This year I went on that WDW diet mentioned in a previous thread and lost 13 pounds so I had to get a couple new articles of clothing! FUN!! Just got back last Tues. night so I am really really really depressed. I don't know if we'll be going back for a couple of years! :(:(:( This trip really cost us a lot of dough!!!! My husband said I shouldn't go on this site for a while, but I guess I would rather live vicariously through other people than lose out on my Disney thrill all together!!!!!:shrug:

You sound just like me! I got back April 30th and the only thing keeping me from falling into a complete Disney withdrawel is that I can visit sites like this and keep it alive! Good for you on your weight lose! That is not an easy thing to do and how fun to go out and get some new clothes! I know your next vaca may be far off, but time flies by, it'll be here before you know it!

wdwmomof3

Well, you can count me in too. I love to plan for the trip and I even have a plan for packing. I also start tanning & dieting before we go. It just makes it fun, and gives me something to look forward to. I have a Disney List a mile long and I always make sure that the car & the house is spotless before we leave. I also do laundry there, once or twice while the kids swim, to make coming home a little easier. :)

Katybug

I clean too before I leave. I just always do that so when I get home I don't have ANYTHING to do but rest!! AND UNPACK!! :brick:Don't you hate that?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom