Do you Feel Turned off by Latest Disney Television Add

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
Not turned off.
Just sad I won't be going during my favorite time this year like I was supposed to.
Disney and Christmas are a match made in heaven.
Love seeing the commercial, hate that I'm not going.

IveBeenJack

Showing mask compliance in the adverts is one of the strongest brand reinforcements right now. Disney has always put safety first, but right now health and safety of guests is the most important currency to ensure that Disney weathers these difficult times. It's all about guest reassurance before booking.

I think the ads do a great job of managing to convey the magic of Disney whilst also reinforcing the safety message.

NickMaio

I seen adds for Disney vacations being offered for the holidays. It is kind of a turn off for me seeing a little one wearing a face mask on her fathers shoulders. The wife and i look at the add and both said at the same time NO. We are not going back to Disney until this face masks and whole pandemic thing is over.

Do others feel this way????????????????????

Please keep in mind this is not about wearing masks or not or pandemic is real or false. It's about going to Florida when it is hot and having to wear a mask. We would rather wait to go there until the whole thing is over and Mask's are done where we can be relaxed and and comfortable. Wearing a mask in the warm weather months is extremely difficult and disgusting. Think you are wearing a mask and sweating and having to walk around all day with a sweaty wet mask that god only knows what else is brewing in that turbid virus carrying piece of material.
We feel the exact same as you guys.
Heck no........not traveling that distance and spending that cash to be uncomfortable. No thanks.

Ricky Spanish

Can we be best friends?
05DBCA41-9585-4962-ADDC-3F7AAB3DDEC1.png

NelleBelle

I think it's probably the most "realistic" commercial Disney has put out. At least people can see that guests are required to wear masks. It used to drive me nuts when Disney would have commercials showing jr. or little miss running down Main St. to an empty Cindy's castle to hug Mickey, arm's open wide, just waiting for them. And then listen to the Katie Bug's of the world complain that their little prince didn't get that and how "unmagical" it all was 🙄 I say good, show the masks! It's our current reality, like it or not. I agree that it's sad that we aren't further along with this and we're still having to wear masks but it is what it is.

champdisney

I read the original post thinking this thread was started months ago with all of this Florida hot weather talk. Yet, this thread was posted yesterday and we are in the midst of some chilly weather coming to WDW.

Perhaps wearing a mask during winter will be beneficial for us?

NelleBelle

I read the original post thinking this thread was started months ago with all of this Florida hot weather talk. Yet, this thread was posted yesterday and we are in the midst of some chilly weather coming to WDW.

Perhaps wearing a mask during winter will be beneficial for us?
One can only hope (will refrain from further mask comments)! 😉

ppete1975

If i lived closer to disney id go in a heart beat.. heck id prob basically live there. But the removal of fireworks, parades etc (honestly park hopper is one of the biggest) and lots of things being gone is why i wont go for quite a while. Its not the disney ticket that costs me, its the travel, the hotel etc.

Disstevefan1

Masks are the least of it when you consider a WDW vacation today.

It’s everything else that turns me off:
Limited hours in the parks
No park hopping
No fast pass
Requiring park reservation
Fewer dining options
Fewer shopping options
“Socially distanced” queues snaking throughout the parks actually creating crowding
Mobile ordering of food, actually causing crowding.
No fireworks
No desert parties
No Christmas parties
Limited transportation options
Almost no live entertainment
Limited access to attractions.

And others I forgot to mention....

Roakor

I seen adds for Disney vacations being offered for the holidays. It is kind of a turn off for me seeing a little one wearing a face mask on her fathers shoulders. The wife and i look at the add and both said at the same time NO. We are not going back to Disney until this face masks and whole pandemic thing is over.

Please keep in mind this is not about wearing masks or not or pandemic is real or false. It's about going to Florida when it is hot and having to wear a mask. We would rather wait to go there until the whole thing is over and Mask's are done where we can be relaxed and and comfortable. Wearing a mask in the warm weather months is extremely difficult and disgusting. Think you are wearing a mask and sweating and having to walk around all day with a sweaty wet mask that god only knows what else is brewing in that turbid virus carrying piece of material.
if I lived nearby and had an annual pass I would most likely be going to disney right now myself. But we don't live nearby or have an annual pass. Nor do I have a large ammount of disposable income. For what it cost us to go to Disney both of us have decided we would rather just wait till things are back to normal (no mask, no distancing, all shows/rides/attractions running, etc...) Now if Disney comes out with some really great discounts that may change, but we don't feel like paying full price for a less then full price experience.

danlb_2000

Premium Member

I think the ad is fine, it makes Disney still look magical despite what it currently going on. Personally I am not interested in going under these conditions, but that has nothing to do with the ad.

Jon81uk

I think it's probably the most "realistic" commercial Disney has put out. At least people can see that guests are required to wear masks. It used to drive me nuts when Disney would have commercials showing jr. or little miss running down Main St. to an empty Cindy's castle to hug Mickey, arm's open wide, just waiting for them. And then listen to the Katie Bug's of the world complain that their little prince didn't get that and how "unmagical" it all was 🙄 I say good, show the masks! It's our current reality, like it or not. I agree that it's sad that we aren't further along with this and we're still having to wear masks but it is what it is.

Yes adverts showing an experience that no guest will ever have just sets up unrealistic expectations, those are definitly more frustrating.

RJN

Put it this way seeing the ad on TV certainly does not entice me to make a trip. I still need to see the expression on a little ones face.
I'll Wait...

mf1972

i don’t mind the commercial. it unfortunately reminds me that we were supposed to travel there this coming monday, but we cancelled it weeks ago 😢

LaughingGravy

Not turned off by the masks at all, but glad it shows what is expected.
Unless one comes to forums like this though, one is not going to be made aware of all that is lacking as mentioned by Disstevefan1 in post #32 above for the still premium price.
I just want a full day in the park. If you're not going to have fastpass in any form, at least keep the place open for a full day from 8 until midnight on a weekend, or 11 on a weekday. I don't care a lick about upcharge parties.
It's a little thing, but at the very least start by dropping the parking fee. I know it's been years, but ever since they started that at the resorts, it's been one of those nickel and dime you to death things that has quite frankly stopped us from going back. It's not the only thing, but it's definitely there. I expect it from the likes of six flags, but it was one of the things that helped to make the Disney Resort experience special.
Edit: Just after I posted, I went to a pre-recorded livestream from July on YouTube which started walking down Main St to the treeless circle in front of the castle and into Adventureland. Places to sit are few and far between. The park has been redesigned over the years to simply be uncomfortable and unwelcoming in its physical design.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom