Do you Feel Turned off by Latest Disney Television Add

Dog Ate Mouse

Original Poster
I seen adds for Disney vacations being offered for the holidays. It is kind of a turn off for me seeing a little one wearing a face mask on her fathers shoulders. The wife and i look at the add and both said at the same time NO. We are not going back to Disney until this face masks and whole pandemic thing is over.

Do others feel this way????????????????????

Please keep in mind this is not about wearing masks or not or pandemic is real or false. It's about going to Florida when it is hot and having to wear a mask. We would rather wait to go there until the whole thing is over and Mask's are done where we can be relaxed and and comfortable. Wearing a mask in the warm weather months is extremely difficult and disgusting. Think you are wearing a mask and sweating and having to walk around all day with a sweaty wet mask that god only knows what else is brewing in that turbid virus carrying piece of material.

HarperRose

I seen adds for Disney vacations being offered for the holidays. It is kind of a turn off for me seeing a little one wearing a face mask on her fathers shoulders. The wife and i look at the add and both said at the same time NO. We are not going back to Disney until this face masks and whole pandemic thing is over.

Please keep in mind this is not about wearing masks or not or pandemic is real or false. It's about going to Florida when it is hot and having to wear a mask. We would rather wait to go there until the whole thing is over and Mask's are done where we can be relaxed and and comfortable. Wearing a mask in the warm weather months is extremely difficult and disgusting. Think you are wearing a mask and sweating and having to walk around all day with a sweaty wet mask that god only knows what else is brewing in that turbid virus carrying piece of material.
I wouldn't call FL weather in December hot.

No, the ads do not bother me.

JIMINYCR

I think wearing a mask has gone on long enough that its become the norm and is going to be accepted now. Seeing a Disney ad of guests wearing a mask is different and it kind of skews your thinking about a Disney fun vacation... but again its becoming a part of our world so people maybe wont see it as a negative. If they want a Disney vacation enough they will conform to the guidelines set up.
Theres all sorts of posts on here where its a definite split between.... NO, I wont go if I'm forced to wear one and Yes, I'll still go and deal with it in the heat. Youve made up your mind and thats fine.
My trip is planned for later next year and DW, DS and I are fine with wearing a mask and we will work around the inconvenience and still have the fun we are planning on having together. In my view, in the past 7 months I've had to put up with a lot of things around home I normally would not have thought I'd have tolerated and found I could do fine once I accepted it.

ppete1975

Id rather disney not go out of business or fire more people so im perfectly fine with them being open and requiring masks.

I actually liked the commercial. It would have been easy for them to use old footage or show people without masks. It would be more of a feel good and people would love it. But disney is showing that if you come here you have to wear a mask.. but its still going to be magical, youre still going to have a blast.. Im glad they are showcasing the facts and not sugarcoating a fake narrative.

dmw

In the Parks
No

Yes! The commercial is definitely is a turn off. Just the though of considering masks as the "new normal" is a turn off. Wearing masks is not normal. I do wear them when required, but I find them very uncomfortable (plus it fogs my glasses).

I have spoken my opinion with my $$$. I have not vacationed anywhere this year that requires masks. A week at the beach sharing a condo with friends was wonderful!

I'm kinda glad so many projects at Disney are delayed until 2022 so that I am not missing anything new by waiting for the mask requirement to go away.

JIMINYCR

It reeks of desperation. It's not cringy or anything, just kind of sad.
I dont see where it reeks of desperation or is sad. Disney has traditionally run ads early on to get people thinking ahead of time about a holiday trip to Disney. Many families have that time of year as a traditional time to go, and will be reminded that this is something to start considering. This time where Covid changes things, altering the ad content to show masks being worn will highlight their mask guideline. I agree Disney because of long time losses that continue to build, is desperate to entice people to go, increase the bookings, but that doesnt show as desperation in the ad.

Clamman73

It doesn’t bother me about the mask. I just wish they kept up with the Peoplemover and that Harbor House was open for my trip in a few weeks.

MickeyLuv'r

When did Heigh-ho become a Christmas song?

It is odd to see WDW + masks, but really only because Happy (or happy) and pandemic are odd things to juxtapose. ("Odd" isn't the quite the right word....)

Bellhop97

Yes I agree.. it was kinda sad.. just a reminder of the current time we are living in.. :(:(

Mesmer92

In the Parks
No
I saw the ad a few days ago, too. I only felt a tinge of sadness simply because I know Christmas at Disney won't be the same this year. But otherwise it made me want to pack up and go again ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom