Do we have any sweepstakes winners here?

UPbeekeeper

Original Poster
Just curious if anyone here has won one of the vacations from the One More Disney Day Sweepstakes. How incredible would it be to win one of those?

MissM

I couldn't even enter the darn thing! Every time I tried (and I tried MANY times) it would say, "Communication Error" and close the little popup window. :brick:

Lisalyn

I finally gave up trying to enter. I also had problems...I would click on the "enter here" button and it just kept thinking and thinking and thinking...never did anything but spin so I said guess this sweepstakes is not the one I'll be entering! LOL

Disneykidder

Same thing here. But I thought it was my phone because I kept trying to enter via my smartphone. Sounded like a great sweepstakes, too.:brick::brick:

alissafalco

I couldn't even enter the darn thing! Every time I tried (and I tried MANY times) it would say, "Communication Error" and close the little popup window. :brick:

I would get the same things also! but then on some days it would go through...I do wonder if random people really actually won, or if it wasn't fixed to have the higher ups in Disney have their family members and friends win...

As much as I love Disney and WDW, obviously, since I am here....I get so darn frustrated at their website not operating efficiently, when at all. The sweepstakes entry is proving to be just as frustrating. I am able to enter about half the time. I usually use Firefox as my browser, but I have noticed when I get an error message or it just lags on that silly celeb "what would I do with one more Disney day?" video, I have closed Firefox and have been able to enter using IE.

Oh, as for your question....no, not me. :lol: I didn't win! YET! :sohappy:

danstadnik

Well, not to brag, but it has been allowing me to enter EVERY DAY... So maybe that increases my chances...?:ROFLOL:
But seriously, as it is already more than half over and they give out the prizes weekly, I doubt I have a shot. I use Internet Explorer, whatever the latest version is... I 've never had a problem!

BelleofDE

I keep on entering every day! I try the website first, and if it comes up with the error message I enter on my phone. I'm trying to be optimistic :king:

There is now the contest for John Carter available that I've been entering too. Wait, why am I telling you? The less people who enter, the more likely I'll win!! :)

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
I've entered daily since it started. Using Firefox without any problems.

Haven't won... Yet. :lookaroun

Botts

To everyone seeing the cannot connect message. I have found that the only way I can enter online is by logging in to Disney Movie Rewards, then going back to the sweepstakes page logged in through DMR.

CaptainShortty

I would get the same things also! but then on some days it would go through...I do wonder if random people really actually won, or if it wasn't fixed to have the higher ups in Disney have their family members and friends win...

It's illegal for anyone who is a part of the Disney Company or an immediate family member to enter. Not saying it doesn't happen but.... My sister hates that I'm a CM because you can't enter any of them. :shrug:Although I do get her into Disney for free quite often. :p

yensid67

I have entered everyday as well! One secret I found out was that at the beginning of the promo, you could actually enter 2 times a day...as long as there was enough hours in between...but it has since been fixed!:(

It would be nice to see the weekly winners on the Disney site, so we would not think it was just a hoax! I would like to 'know' someone from here so we could see that it is a REAL promo!

JIMINYCR

My sister hates that I'm a CM because you can't enter any of them. :shrug:Although I do get her into Disney for free quite often. :p

I'd say that's not a bad trade off. I'm up for adoption if you want. I don't eat much and don't take up much space:ROFLOL:
After the first couple of times having trouble getting through, I've been able to enter daily without any further problems. No notifications that I've won yet.:mad: I will keep trying.

DisneyBeatles

I'm able to enter every day! I go to the disneyparks.com/disneyday and sign in and go through some links and enter every day. sorry if u guys still can enter. i guess i have a better chance of winning :ROFLOL:

Pioneer Hall

But very hard to prove.

Perhaps, but probably not as hard as it seems. I would venture to say that there might be auditing agencies involved that look at who wins and what their potential relation could be to someone in the company. They might also look at the contest process and how winners were determined.

But let's be real, would a giant corporation like Disney get everyone on board to create a contest where they pick their family and friends to be the winners? It would take the cooperation of a number of departments to put something like that together, with each and every single person keeping quiet to see it through. Besides for the nearly impossible logistics, I don't think Disney would be foolish enough to put themselves in spotlight for that. This is why CM's get the discounts they do and can use some of them on family and friends.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom