Do they still "blow up" the torch in the World Showcase Lagoon for Iluminations?

Pabgo

Original Poster
Do they still "blow up" the torch in the World Showcase Lagoon for Iluminations? I saw the show last night and it didn't do anything but open up and higher the torch!

WDW Monorail

The 20th torch does not "blow up".
The "blow up" that you are referring to is when all the remaining propane within the pipes of the inferno barge is blown off.
This happens 1 to 1 1/2 after EPCOT closes.

mrerk

Premium Member
I think he means the "Chaos" scene at the beginning. Yes, it should have been there.

Edit: Just re-read your post and i believe you are referring to the end when the globe opens. That torch should have been lit as well.

Epcot82Guy

Do they still "blow up" the torch in the World Showcase Lagoon for Iluminations? I saw the show last night and it didn't do anything but open up and higher the torch!

Actually, if you are referring to the powder shots that come out of the torch, it just depends on the day/season. Usually, it does after the torch lights (and before the 1000 points of light). It is like the lagoon shots, though. It is not consistently there.

Pabgo

Original Poster
Sorry guys, I am |ot refering to the "blowing up" after the show. Now that I think of it, it was a little windy that night!

tecowdw

Last night, Friday, the torch that rises out of the globe didn't rise at all. It lit but didn't move. Also, oddly, the globe was parked by the American Adventure Theater all day long ~ normally that gets towed there around 4pm.

BTW, the holiday ending (Peace On Earth) to ROE was also last night. The firework finally of that segment has to be the most at one time, and LOUDEST fireworks I think I've ever seen before. It makes your head pound like it could be the end of the world in armageddon.
:eek:

Pabgo

Original Poster
Last night, Friday, the torch that rises out of the globe didn't rise at all. It lit but didn't move. Also, oddly, the globe was parked by the American Adventure Theater all day long ~ normally that gets towed there around 4pm.

BTW, the holiday ending (Peace On Earth) to ROE was also last night. The firework finally of that segment has to be the most at one time, and LOUDEST fireworks I think I've ever seen before. It makes your head pound like it could be the end of the world in armageddon.
:eek:

Are you sure? I saw it rise two times, but didn't light! I was there last night!

tecowdw

Are you sure? I saw it rise two times, but didn't light! I was there last night!
Hmmm...
I was there and I sure don't recall it rising but noticed it was lit. Perhaps I saw the torch on the other side of the lagoon through the globe? There was indeed ALOT of smoke in my face last night.
:confused:

Epcot82Guy

That tag is pretty loud and crazy, but it is pretty darn impressive too. I remember going in the first time, I wondered what they would to to top what is already a very climactic ending. But, they managed to pull you back in and then explode it. EXTREMELY well done IMHO.

Rob562

Yes, it truly is an amazing ending on top of an already spectacular finale.

What really impressed me the most was just how loud it was, and how far away you can hear it. (Even the regular RoE fireworks carry pretty well, but not like the Holiday FInale...)
We could clearly hear the finale fireworks at our condo at Orange Lake CC last year, and it's over 4.5 miles away as the crow flies...

-Rob

WDW Monorail

What really impressed me the most was just how loud it was, and how far away you can hear it. (Even the regular RoE fireworks carry pretty well, but not like the Holiday FInale...)
We could clearly hear the finale fireworks at our condo at Orange Lake CC last year, and it's over 4.5 miles away as the crow flies...

-Rob

When I stay at my uncles condo on I-Drive and Sand Lake Road, you can also hear the regular finale as well Fantasy in the Sky (this was the show that was playing the last time I stayed there).
It is about 10 miles away.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom