• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

Do they need to bring Video Games back into Epcot?

Lands of Wonder

Original Poster
Advertisement
Yeah, D& B is like a fake arcade. More like a Restaurcade.

Even Chucky Cheese is a shadow of itself and hardly has any video game compared to it's golden age. In fact when it first came out Chucky Cheese was a hang out for young adults at night. Kind of night club slash arcade with beer all over the place.
If that was still the same I'd be there next Friday

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
I liked the arcades in EPCOT when I was a kid. If nothing else they can help take load off other attractions.
It'd be really great to be able to spread the load out across the park again. Everyone benefits, at a relatively insignificant operational expense.

Disney.Mike

It'd be really great to be able to spread the load out across the park again. Everyone benefits, at a relatively insignificant operational expense.
If I remember right (I was a kid), the games were not free.... they cost token and each token cost 1 dollar... so even the cheap games cost a dollar to play. I remember playing Virtua Fighter and Tekkan in the Arcade.

I also remember Virtua Racer arcade where you sat in the car was 4 tokens, so $4 to play.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but thats my childhood memory.

If I'm correct, seems like that would be a pretty good money maker.

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
If I remember right (I was a kid), the games were not free.... they cost token and each token cost 1 dollar... so even the cheap games cost a dollar to play. I remember playing Virtua Fighter and Tekkan in the Arcade.

I also remember Virtua Racer arcade where you sat in the car was 4 tokens, so $4 to play.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but thats my childhood memory.

If I'm correct, seems like that would be a pretty good money maker.
Tokens were $.25 each with a discount when you bought large amounts, and some games were as little as a single token, others were 2-4.

Edit: Actually at Magic Kingdom I believe you just used quarters and weren't required to use tokens but I could be mistaken.

flynnibus

Even at the 25 cent rate, seems it would generate a nice profit.
Arcades don't at those prices... And besides, Disney has had arcades for decades, they know what money they make or not... no reason to think 'we think we know what it could be, but they don't realize...'

Phonedave

Have you scene Stranger Things? You'd like it for the nostalgia.

I have seen it, and unfortunately about the only reason I like it is for the nostalgia. Two of my least favorite genres are investigative dramas dealing with "psychological" topics - for example I am a fan of NCIS, but don't like Criminal Minds. I'm also nto a big fan of supernatural stuff, so unfortunately that pretty much describers Stranger Things.

flynnibus

Stranger Things is way overrated -- "hey look, they used old stuff!"
and Ready Player One (movie) didn't really leverage it's assets either besides eye candy

-Signed
An 80s arcade junkie

Top Bottom