Do the waiters and waitress in Disney Dining split tips?

Runmyhorse

Original Poster
I was just curious more then anything. I was wondering if you go to sit down dining on disney and you tip them do they pull all the tips and split at the end of the night or do they get to keep it themselves? I was doing the math on this trip we just got back and if what I figured was something to be right then the waiters/waitress make pretty good money. I dont work there so this is why I am asking.;)

OswaldTheRabbit

I am sure they have to tip out to other "helper" staff such as food runners, bartenders, hostess etc. I am sure they make good money but I will say that being a waitress during/post college it is Very tough work. I had blisters on my feet all the time!

Runmyhorse

Original Poster
I am sure they have to tip out to other "helper" staff such as food runners, bartenders, hostess etc. I am sure they make good money but I will say that being a waitress during/post college it is Very tough work. I had blisters on my feet all the time!

Oh I'm sure. I never waitress and I know how clumsy I am. I would totally spill something on someone

OswaldTheRabbit

I used to tip out about 20% of my tips to others. I think the toughest part is sometimes people can be tough. I am a people person so loved that aspect but I did once have an elderly woman go completely crazy because her chicken on her Cobb salad was diced and not in "strips" like the menu stated. Oh the stories....

Runmyhorse

Original Poster
I used to tip out about 20% of my tips to others. I think the toughest part is sometimes people can be tough. I am a people person so loved that aspect but I did once have an elderly woman go completely crazy because her chicken on her Cobb salad was diced and not in "strips" like the menu stated. Oh the stories....

Oh wow I can only imagine the stories. lol

Clever Name

It can be very hard to swallow those chicken cubes. The strips just slide down your throat.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom